Recent Gaming Purchases

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Recent Gaming Purchases

Postby Bluecast » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:45 pm

You don' need voice chat and it's a 2d game and it's pretty straightforward...what are you going to sayy...keep going right and keep killing goblins? I NEVER heard anyone complain about lack of voicechat sp never heard that complaint for 2d sidescrolling games. Unless you're an idiot who doesn't know how to keep going right. Besides Most the people I played were in countries outside the US like Japan...what am I going to say to them? Thank you Mr Roboto?
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Raithos » Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:37 pm

I said what good is a coop game if you can't talk with your friends. I didn't say it was to communicate how to play the game. Why be a smart ass?

Between my family, friends and co-workers who all bought the game (about 12 people) every single one of us had the same two complaints. It just sounds to me like you don't have friends to play with, or it would bother you just like it bothers every single person I know who has the game.
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Bluecast » Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:52 pm

Segata is usually too busy to play. You play with people that must not know much how to play sidescrolling games with useless chatter. Also never heard in any review you-tuber or website reviews ever have that issue. Same with anyone who has played D&D Chronicles on Steam or XBL. pretty much the same type of game.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Raithos » Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:04 am

You just proved the last sentence of my previous was post was true. And the fact that you don't know you can use XBL and Steam to chat regardless of what game you are playing further proves my point. It doesn't bother you because you have no one to play with. Not trying to be rude, but that is why you are ignoring the flaws in the game. Done debating this with you though, enjoy your night bro.
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Bluecast » Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:29 am

Raithos wrote: You just proved the last sentence of my previous was post was true. And the fact that you don't know you can use XBL and Steam to chat regardless of what game you are playing further proves my point. It doesn't bother you because you have no one to play with. Not trying to be rude, but that is why you are ignoring the flaws in the game. Done debating this with you though, enjoy your night bro.

Segata is busy making Beatdown city for Vita we talk daily on steam chat and he is heading from NYC to my place in Utah in a few months,I keep just a few close friends as I have major trust issues..most of them are older than me and SLC is a desert for gamers except for CoD heads and kids. Not to mention living in a building with only 3 people under 75. Also when you have Aspergers and Schizoid personality disorder and disabled,I'm not exactly the life of the party. However still true anyone who has a long experience playing these types of games never need some useless voice chat. I do random matches and most people don't speak english even the ones that do know what to do. You want Voice chat go play CoD or Halo. The online for these types of games isn;t to be chummy and social and need to tell so and so to go here and shoot that. It's just to account for not having to use the AI. Fucking some people are spoiled by crap from modern gaming and want it on games that don't need useless crap. Besides its a Vita game first not PS3.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby OL » Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:16 am

Thief wrote: Image

Given to me as a birthday present :)

That's a good birthday. Actraiser was the first game I beat on SNES. Pure gold, that one.

OL has received a thanks from: Thief
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Riku Rose » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:51 am

Ryudo wrote: Fucking some people are spoiled by crap from modern gaming and want it on games that don't need useless crap.

I seem to remember you saying that Square should have re-released FFVII with analog controls.

As for voice chat in this day and age it should be in any co-op game and I would expect it. Playing games with friends around my house we never even talked about the game we was playing but it's sociable and feels better. I only play online with people I know but it would be really awkward if we couldn't speak. While playing GTAV most nights me and my friends have been in a group chat of some kind and don't even talk about the game at all. Just general crap. Online gaming has replaced people coming around your house to play co-op games which I'm not angry about as being an adult it makes things easier, but it should carry over what I loved about having a group of friends over to play Mario Kart, Pro Evo or Perfect Dark. I play single player games for my alone time but co-op games are more about hanging out with my friends then playing a game.

Raithos isn't even being a prick he's just pointing out that an issue for him isn't an issue for you yet you start getting pissy because he said something bad about a game you like. Like how you tried to force it down everyone's throat the other day that Ys was game of the year.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby QWERTY » Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:05 pm

Raithos wrote:It just sounds to me like you don't have friends to play with

Ryudo wrote: Segata is usually too busy to play.

:lol:
QWERTY
Pee Eye Zee Zee Ay
Banned

Postby OL » Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:01 am

Seven bucks, box and manual. Good little deal.

Riku Rose wrote:
Ryudo wrote: Fucking some people are spoiled by crap from modern gaming and want it on games that don't need useless crap.

I seem to remember you saying that Square should have re-released FFVII with analog controls.

He was also irritated with Rocket Knight Adventures at first because it didn't have a save feature... :-"
OL
Shenmue III

Postby Kenny » Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:36 am

I'm tempted to get Galerians and Intelligent Qube on eBay. Both are being watched.

There are also a few other PSone games I still REALLY REALLY want like both Tomba games, SkullMonkeys, Ore-no Ryouri (Japan Only) and others.

Kenny has received 3 thanks from: Henry Spencer, OL, Raithos
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby Ri_oh » Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:28 am

I'm liking the boobies.

But in all seriousness it's not as bad as I was expecting. Dated, but solid fighter.
Ri_oh
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: ri_oh
XBL: ri_oh86
Steam: ri_oh
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby jameswalker85 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:43 am

silent killer wrote:ten dollars at the swap meet. Haven't actually checked if it works though. Came with everything put the power cord, which isn't a problem to me since I've got every kind imaginable coming out of everywhere.

Is... is that a shoe print? What kind of monster would do such a thing? You had to pay to rescue that poor defenceless machine? Savages!
jameswalker85
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

PSN: jameswalker85
XBL: jameswalker85
Steam: jameswalker85

Postby Bluecast » Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:26 pm

OL wrote: Image
Seven bucks, box and manual. Good little deal.

Riku Rose wrote:

He was also irritated with Rocket Knight Adventures at first because it didn't have a save feature... :-"

Because SNES games did and I was very new to Genesis. Super Mario a platformer as well did. many SNES games did and I only had the Genesis about month.

As for FFVII um that was made before analog was avail on PS1 but once it was every FF and every game used it from then on. Both of those are ness for games to this day and even FFVII has analog on Vita so obviously t was needed. Also try playing Threads of Fate wit just the Dpad...then try with analog. You can't even do the platforms without it. VC is not need to be abe to play the game and make the game better. It's not a feature that cripples the game without it. Also OL you were Genesis first I was SNES first and when used to SNES just about every game I have has a battery in it for saves. So shove it.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby OL » Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:39 pm

:lol:
Worked up much? I just thought it was funny.
Even if Mario had it, most platformers and action games back then didn't save, whether they were on Genesis or SNES.
OL
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:42 pm

Yes many SNES games use it..yet again just about every SNES game I have does.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming