Recent Gaming Purchases

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Recent Gaming Purchases

Postby OL » Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:44 pm

Raithos wrote: Been waiting on this for awhile now. Ys: Memories of Celceta Silver Edition. Was the 25th Anniversary Edition in Japan, not sure why they changed it to Silver Edition for the English versions. Cloth map. Three disc collection of music from the entire series. Full color "Adol's Travel Journal" with art, strategies and a manual rolled into one. And a compass with the game logo on it. Which, to my surprise, actually works. Image

Back of soundtrack

Oh, did that hit today?
Had it preordered at Amazon, so I guess that should be coming in the mail soon. Looks like a good little set.

Saw this at Best Buy for only 20 bucks. And considering that it only came out a few months ago (if that, even) at a full $60, and looked pretty interesting when I first saw the box, I thought I'd take the leap.

And good god, this game has a ton of personality and charm. I've only really beaten the first level so far, but the presentation style is phenomenal, with everything set up as a play, with the backgrounds rotating and flipping into existence as if on a giant stage-changing machine. It's really cool. And even though it's generally pretty kid-friendly so far, it's also got a slightly twisted grimness to it as well, which I always love in fairy tale-styled stories.
Really, if you see this one for cheap, like it is at Best Buy now, everyone ought to try it. I haven't gotten far, but it's very enjoyable so far. Shocked that I'd heard virtually nothing about it before.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Calshot » Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:41 am

ImageImageImageImage

I have a spare copy of Oath of Felghana on Steam if anyone wants it.

Calshot has received a thanks from: Raithos
Calshot
Volare!
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: SoLongAgo
Steam: Vodkakui

Postby Raithos » Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:42 am

Picked up Shadownrun Returns for $12 bucks on Steam. Just played for 5 hours straight, fun game.

Raithos has received a thanks from: OL
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Raithos » Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:54 am

Target sale was a success. Too many people so I didn't check out what games they had in stock. Off to the eShop I go :D

Raithos has received a thanks from: Axm
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:07 am

so dead sexy, and I have one just like it.

AnimeGamer183 has received a thanks from: Raithos
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Axm » Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:32 am

I just saw that tonight too and was like daayumm should I pick one up doe? Then I woke up and realized id be an asshole for buying that after getting an XBO, PS4 and multiple games.. Good buy though. Want to play that zelda sometime next year or so.

Axm has received a thanks from: Raithos
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Raithos » Fri Nov 29, 2013 6:08 am

I was surprised to see they had both XBO and PS4 in stock, seems like both Sony and Microsoft have learned from past mistakes and had plenty of systems for launch this time around. Was very temping to pick to one up when you see that many in one place lol
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Axm » Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:50 am

Raithos wrote:I was surprised to see they had both XBO and PS4 in stock, seems like both Sony and Microsoft have learned from past mistakes and had plenty of systems for launch this time around. Was very temping to pick to one up when you see that many in one place lol

Ya actually I think MS and Sony planned new shipments to be purposefully available on Black Friday, Best Buy had some too. Those Foxcon workers must be pissing themselves after learning both systems sold over a million each. Now the real pressure is on to supply Christmas.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:20 pm

Well I just woke up and saw Amazon had a flash deal for Skyrim Legendary for $20, so I bought the PC version and bought this fancy 1000 page hard back guide for $35, I was so tempted to buy it yesterday, but hesitated, now im glad I did.

As much as I love my consoles/handhelds, I need more PC games, my PC has barely been touched since i built it last year. Only a few games I even want though.

AnimeGamer183 has received a thanks from: Raithos
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby south carmain » Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:41 pm

Just bought shadowrun returns on the steam sale. tempted to get borderlands 2 or the witcher 2 seeing how cheap they are but I'm not sure when I'll get my gaming PC to be able to play them, ah well hopefully they will still be going for cheap at the next sale

south carmain has received a thanks from: Raithos
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby south carmain » Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:49 pm

Calshot wrote: ImageImageImageImage

I have a spare copy of Oath of Felghana on Steam if anyone wants it.

I'll have it if it's still available?
south carmain
"Keep Friends"

Postby Raithos » Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:53 pm

south carmain wrote: Just bought shadowrun returns on the steam sale. tempted to get borderlands 2 or the witcher 2 seeing how cheap they are but I'm not sure when I'll get my gaming PC to be able to play them, ah well hopefully they will still be going for cheap at the next sale

Don't worry, those two seems to go on sale every other month. If not on Steam you can get them for cheap on GMG a lot of the times. I've been having fun with Shadownrun, its like a cross between Blade Runner, Snatcher and a turn based Company of Heroes.

Raithos has received a thanks from: south carmain
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby south carmain » Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:02 pm

Raithos wrote:
south carmain wrote: Just bought shadowrun returns on the steam sale. tempted to get borderlands 2 or the witcher 2 seeing how cheap they are but I'm not sure when I'll get my gaming PC to be able to play them, ah well hopefully they will still be going for cheap at the next sale

Don't worry, those two seems to go on sale every other month. If not on Steam you can get them for cheap on GMG a lot of the times. I've been having fun with Shadownrun, its like a cross between Blade Runner, Snatcher and a turn based Company of Heroes.

ah cool no worries then. yeah it's great fun, has really been helping me with my cyberpunk fix though makes me even more impatient for cyberpunk 2077. though does it give you more freedom of choice as the game advances? so far all I've done is go from one objective to another without any real free roam
south carmain
"Keep Friends"

Postby Raithos » Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:33 pm

From what I've played its very linear in the story progression, no real exploring or anything. I wish there was though
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Samanosuke Akechi » Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:34 pm

Picked up Fifa 14 and Splinter Cell Blacklist yesterday.Is it worth skipping Conviction?
Samanosuke Akechi
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming