Recent Gaming Purchases

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Recent Gaming Purchases

Postby OL » Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:25 pm

I had wanted the collector's edition this whole time... but I decided to skip it. The extras are cool and all, but I just don't value statues that much, and that's mainly when the extra cash would be going. Just got the standard.
Kind of wish I would have at least preordered though, since the regular release is about as barebones as can be. No manual or anything. At least a preorder would have included a cd and special case.
Well, whatever. Time to head into it and start dying.

OL has received 3 thanks from: Axm, Henry Spencer, Raithos
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Raithos » Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:12 pm

Got this in a few days ago. Ordered last summer but it got delayed twice. My arcade stick is out of commission and I'm having to use a controller lol so I've only seen the first 4 stages. Just ordered a replacement Sanwa so I'll have it fixed soon. Game play is smooth and the sprites are crisp and vibrant. Has a more laid back old school feel than Fast Striker did, which was relentless from start to finish. All of NG:Dev.Team's titles are well made, this makes their fourth on DC so far :D

Raithos has received a thanks from: OL
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Riku Rose » Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:01 pm

Got a brand new copy for £15. Got to decide if I'm going to keep it or sell it for stupid money.

Riku Rose has received a thanks from: Raithos
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Raithos » Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:12 pm

That's a sweet pick up! I always wanted to get the UK set but it was more scratch that I was willing to pay at the time. That box is just too damn cool.
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Henry Spencer » Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:07 pm

OL wrote: Image

I had wanted the collector's edition this whole time... but I decided to skip it. The extras are cool and all, but I just don't value statues that much, and that's mainly when the extra cash would be going. Just got the standard.
Kind of wish I would have at least preordered though, since the regular release is about as barebones as can be. No manual or anything. At least a preorder would have included a cd and special case.
Well, whatever. Time to head into it and start dying.

Mine is on its way, should be here either tomorrow or Saturday. Either way, wow am I hyped. Been playing Dark Souls 1 again in preparation!
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby OL » Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:40 pm

So far (and by that I mean I'm about 20 hours in), I'm not sure I like it as much as the first. The Dark Souls groove is still there, but it's a little more predictable; you hit a new area, explore your way through it, fight the boss, and continue to the next. So far there isn't anything quite as unexpected as, say, the red dragon on the bridge in Dark Souls, the trap-filled halls of Sen's Fortress, or the hydra by the lake.
That's not to say it's bad at all, it just feels a little more "by the numbers," in a way. It's still addictive as all hell either way, and I'm loving it to pieces.
Things got pretty crazy near the end of the first game, so there's still a chance this one will pick up and hit those heights of greatness.
OL
Shenmue III

Postby IrishNinja » Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:17 pm

few Sega CD games - Ground Zero Texas, Wirehead, Panic! & Earthworm Jim special edition...huge dreamcast haul next week though!
IrishNinja
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

PSN: TheIrishNinja
XBL: The NZA 2099
Nintendo FC: IrishNinja
Steam: The NZA
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Guardian Heroes

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:14 pm

http://gc.digitalriver.com/store/sqenix ... yerZCjuJ8s

phpBB [video]

anyone else have any idea this was coming out? I canceled my amazon pre-order for the LE so I could get the CE which has a full sound track and full artbook.

also you can buy tonight and enter into this contest for even more goodies http://store.na.square-enix.com/store/s ... takesrules
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Thief » Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:57 am

^ That's kind of cool but I'm really not a fan of art book packaging so I'll just go ahead and stick with the standard edition.
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Henry Spencer » Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:24 am

So I caved in and bought MGS5: Ground Zeroes. The reason being that I bought a US PSN card for the value of $20 which works out around £13, so instead of buying the physical release for it (which costs £29.99 at most retailers) so in the end up I got it for less than half the price off US PSN (where it's $19.99 on PS3). So it's essentially the price at which is should be in the first place (what with it being just one mission and all, with some side ops things on the same map).
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Axm » Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:43 am

As soon as I get my PS4 in my hands again thats the first thing im playing. And The Left Behind DLC for The Last of Us.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Kenny » Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:41 pm

And Walking Dead: Season 2, Episode 2.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby Crimson Ryan » Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:27 pm

Henry Spencer wrote: So I caved in and bought MGS5: Ground Zeroes. The reason being that I bought a US PSN card for the value of $20 which works out around £13, so instead of buying the physical release for it (which costs £29.99 at most retailers) so in the end up I got it for less than half the price off US PSN (where it's $19.99 on PS3). So it's essentially the price at which is should be in the first place (what with it being just one mission and all, with some side ops things on the same map).

Damn good deal..

Cool story bro.
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby Thief » Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:01 am

I don't really care that it was $30 -- it's new Metal Gear. Now I just need to borrow the PS4 from my brother for a little while...
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby OL » Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:09 am

Ordered it off Amazon, so I don't actually have it yet.

Also bought the "Left Behind" DLC from The Last of Us for my brother. It's his birthday, so I bought a code for it on Amazon, read it off over the phone while he typed it into PSN, and surprised him that way.

OL has received 2 thanks from: *Kenshin Himura*, Thief
OL
Shenmue III

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming