Recent Gaming Purchases

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Recent Gaming Purchases

Postby Rakim » Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:05 am

Bought those two recently myself Axm. Good stuff. Did yours come with the suikoden demo disc?

Axm wrote: Image
Another cheap geto! 600 yen for both.
Rakim
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Crimson Ryan » Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:14 pm

aizen59 wrote: Same here. I simply dont know where to look at around Tokyo. I've been here for 6 months so far and except games, i have yet to see a single goodies... Do you know if there are any shop selling goods and possibly Shenmue one ? I mean, doing video game shops is not helping me finding the stuff i want so if you have any advice, feel free to share ^^

Thanks !

Try Super Potato in Akihabara.
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby DEVILLE_David » Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:23 am

Today's purchases :

Finally got my hands on those mugs 3/4, missing Niao Sun.

Official OST (no bootleg) complete with cell. And i am done with straps.

Still looking for the last 3 posters i need (quite amusing thinking i have the niao sun one while i am missing her mug lol).

But i am already on a deal for the last 3 posters, but might cost an arm...

If anyone know where i can find the niao sun mug or someone selling it, hit me up !

DEVILLE_David
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: RavanaEX
Currently playing: God of War

Postby OL » Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:48 pm

So Thief (in direct defiance to the implications of his own name, apparently) decided to be supercool and sent some of his Front Mission posters my way. I just swiped these images on the net so I didn't have to take my own (and the last one is just the base image used for the poster, not the poster itself), but all the posters look great. As a nut for both Front Mission and authentic Japanese store posters, this stuff made my week.
ImageImageImage

Coolest thing is that each poster is for a different version of the game. First image is the DS version, second is the PS1 version, and I believe the last one was for the SFC version (I think so, at least).

Also, years ago someone on here (for the life of me I can't remember who, it was so long ago) pointed me in the direction of a site called bidJDM where you can buy stuff from Japanese auction sites. So I hopped on there recently and finally decided to try it out. Got myself an original poster for the game Soumatou (which was localized as Deception III: Dark Delusion in the west).

I just won it this morning though, so I'm still waiting for all the confirmation and whatnot from the site. Having not used it yet, I'm not sure exactly how things go, or how long it all takes.

Oh, and I also preordered Jojo's Bizarre Adventure. The Namco blurbs for it are making it sound like the physical release will be really limited (it's only on Amazon and ClubNamco, and supposedly won't be in stores), with the primary release being on PSN. So I figured I ought to get it while I can.

OL has received 5 thanks from: Bambi, Cave Johnson, Henry Spencer, mue 26, Thief
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Mitsuzuki » Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:52 pm

So jelly on those mugs, Aizen. Especially since they came with their boxes. Nice pickup all around!
Mitsuzuki
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Currently playing: Deep in the Destiny hole

Postby OL » Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:48 pm

FREAKIN FINALLY.

This shit weirded me the hell out. I used to see this game all over the place. Would have been easy as hell to find only a couple months ago. But for some reason, as soon as I decided to go ahead and start picking up all the games in the series, it suddenly vanished. I was able to find all the others, but all the complete copies of the first game disappeared from ebay and amazon for about two or three weeks.
An auction finally popped up yesterday, and I won it just now. Not the greatest condition (manual's a little beat up, and there's a rental sticker or something on the disc), but at this point I'll take whatever I can get.
Just nice to know I'll finally be able to play this fucker.

OL has received 3 thanks from: *Kenshin Himura*, Henry Spencer, Yama
OL
Shenmue III

Postby Calshot » Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:58 pm

OL's earlier post reminded me to preorder JoJo Bizarre Adventure: All-star Battle.

I preordered from Club Namco, which gave me 50% off an anime game. I used the 50% deal to pick up Ni No Kuni for just under 10 dollars.

Calshot has received a thanks from: OL
Calshot
Volare!
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: SoLongAgo
Steam: Vodkakui

Postby Axm » Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:59 am

Rakim wrote:Bought those two recently myself Axm. Good stuff. Did yours come with the suikoden demo disc?

Axm wrote: Image
Another cheap geto! 600 yen for both.

Yup!
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby OL » Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:39 am

Now here's a random one.

This little booklet supposedly came with all copies of Namco Museum vol. 3 when it first came out, but the one I got didn't have it (I got the game used, so no surprise). It's kind of a "must have," though. Tower of Druaga is goddamn near impossible without hints. And yeah, sure, I could just look on the internet or whatever, but having a physical guide is so much more convenient and appealing.
And this was only 99 cents anyway.
OL
Shenmue III

Postby Sonikku » Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:33 pm

8)

Sonikku has received 4 thanks from: Axm, Henry Spencer, Raithos, wude
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Henry Spencer » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:01 pm

Still need to pick up Zelda: ALBW on 3DS sometime. Star Fox 64 remake I have mixed feelings on, still great fun though. Still 3DS is truly a great game system with an incredible library of games. Good buy.
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Yama » Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:29 pm

OL wrote: FREAKIN FINALLY.

This shit weirded me the hell out. I used to see this game all over the place. Would have been easy as hell to find only a couple months ago. But for some reason, as soon as I decided to go ahead and start picking up all the games in the series, it suddenly vanished. I was able to find all the others, but all the complete copies of the first game disappeared from ebay and amazon for about two or three weeks.
An auction finally popped up yesterday, and I won it just now. Not the greatest condition (manual's a little beat up, and there's a rental sticker or something on the disc), but at this point I'll take whatever I can get.
Just nice to know I'll finally be able to play this fucker.

Nice job. I bought that game when it came out not knowing anything about it. My grandpa and I loved King's Field and ironically the 3D first person world seemed similar, especially with the HP/MP overlay. That was enough to jump in with no previous knowledge (I miss the pre-internet days). Game ended up completely different obviously but I fell in love with it all the same, the entire series has been a favorite of mine since. Enjoy her, she's a beaut.

Yama has received a thanks from: OL
Yama
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue Dojo Owner

PSN: YamaMX
Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby ys » Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:13 pm

Yama wrote:That was enough to jump in with no previous knowledge (I miss the pre-internet days). Game ended up completely different obviously but I fell in love with it all the same

Yeah, not knowing exactly what you bought had its charm at times. Lately I have went into games again without seeing much more than a trailer or short preview. It's much more fun discovering things in game.

Last purchase : Dark Souls 2 (see picture earlier in this thread ;) )
ys
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby *Kenshin Himura* » Sat Apr 26, 2014 3:45 am

Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3

*Kenshin Himura* has received 2 thanks from: OL, Raithos
*Kenshin Himura*
飛天御剣
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8

Postby DEVILLE_David » Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:56 am

Latest Purchases :

Part 2 :

Tales of Graces F Collector Japonais !!!

And finally got my hands on Niao Sun Card :

Still missing Ryo's one and i will be done with TGS 99" Cards.

DEVILLE_David has received 2 thanks from: mue 26, Raithos
DEVILLE_David
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: RavanaEX
Currently playing: God of War

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming