Recent Gaming Purchases

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Recent Gaming Purchases

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:19 pm

I'll be in a store looking up prices of various things on amazon and ebay, make sure im getting the right deal. Ebay actually has good deals on at bundles if you dig deep enough, I think the N64 bundle I got was proof of that.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Riku Rose » Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:41 am

Just got a PS4 with InFamous: Second Son, 90 Days PS+ and a Blu Ray of Amazing Spider-Man for £300. Now the proud owner of all next gen systems.

Riku Rose has received 2 thanks from: Axm, Mitsuzuki
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:00 pm

surprised you didnt get them all day 1. I too am hoping to get a PS4 in a couple months (if I can muster the cash).
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Axm » Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:49 pm

Riku Rose wrote:Just got a PS4 with InFamous: Second Son, 90 Days PS+ and a Blu Ray of Amazing Spider-Man for £300. Now the proud owner of all next gen systems.

Grats. Infamous is a pretty good game too and an easy enough platinum.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:11 pm

I may get a PS4 in september, but wont even have anything to play for it until later in the year or early next year... does that mean I should wait?
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Axm » Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:44 pm

AnimeGamer183 wrote:I may get a PS4 in september, but wont even have anything to play for it until later in the year or early next year... does that mean I should wait?

If youre willing to pay 400 for a system but not 50-60 for a game I think you have your answer right there.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:14 pm

Well, the only reason I really want to get it is for the white system. I dont even care about Destiny, I'll probably sell it, even if I was interested in it, I would want it for PC. Natural Doctrine is the only game I am remotely interested in that will be out this year for it, but I can just get that for PS3 or Vita (and I doubt there will be much graphical difference between the PS3 and PS4 versions of it). But if I have the PS4 im sure i would just get that version BUT im not even sure if im sold on it.

Bloodborne wont be out till next year, im trying to think of some other games coming out for sooner that would make it worth getting in september. That white system will match my white Vita as well, and they will look so sexy side by side together. I have been saving money for it, but if im actually gonna do it, I probably need to put in that pre-order this week.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby DEVILLE_David » Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:05 pm

After 9 years (yeah, something like that), i finally got my hands on a rare item : Shenmue Pack NTSC-J Standard HKT-3000.

The system itself has nothing special, its a regular Dreamcast except that the box is different (as you can see, it's Shenmue !)

I've seen this only a few times over 9 years, most likely less than 10 times and its one of the most difficult item to find, probably even more difficult than the timex watch.

I am looking forward getting the latest items in order to complete my collection, like one mug, 3 posters, 3 clear files etc. But finding this one was... i have no words to describe how i feel. I'm relieved. I still cant believe it almost took me a decade to find this.

Now, i will probably sleep better knowing i wont have to hunt for it everyday, anymore !

If you ever wish to sell your Shenmue items (money purpose mostly) or simply to help me out completing my collection, feel free to contact me. I am looking for :

Niao Sun's Mug
Ren, Shenhua, Ryo B2 size posters (from Tokyo Game Show 98)
Shenhua, Ryo, Niao Sun's clearfile
Ren and Niao Sun's mousepad
Thats top priority items. I still don't have the xbox version but let's face it, i cant find like 10 copies everyday so no point in hunting it right now.

Oh and ofc, if you dont wish to sell but know someone willing to, feel free to contact your friends !

"The hunting goes on..."

DEVILLE_David has received a thanks from: Mitsuzuki
DEVILLE_David
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: RavanaEX
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: God of War

Postby Mitsuzuki » Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:22 pm

Agreed- this comes up less than the Timex watch so it's very hard to find. Still looking to find one myself.

Great pickup.

Mitsuzuki has received a thanks from: DEVILLE_David
Mitsuzuki
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Currently playing: Deep in the Destiny hole

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:30 am

So I put in the pre-order for the Limited Edition of Fairy Fencer F (FFF?), did some research on the game and decided I would take the gamble and give it a try and I also like the LE, seems like it could be a good mix of comedy and story, with an interesting battle system *cough* and fan service *cough*. was also able to ad the hard back guide book along side my pre-order of the Tales of Xillia 2 Collectors Edition, which fortunately are both coming out on the same day. And I have decided to go ahead and put in that pre-order for the PS4. I found out that Bloodborne is coming out March 31st, and thats soon enough for me and if I dont get natural doctrine for it (although I have heard it looks best on Vita actually but its still tbd).

AnimeGamer183 has received a thanks from: Axm
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Peter » Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:47 pm

Arrived today and firing it up now. Fell in love with the GC when one of the guys had brought his all the way to Australia from Chile. But his was a mod GC and whilst I don't have a problem buying legit games, I just wish I had that ZSNES disc he had with every SNES game on it.

Anyways whilst I wait for my copy of Zelda Twilight Princess and Windwaker to arrive, I am about to begin the Ocarina of Time Master Quest version. Excited!

Peter has received a thanks from: Axm
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Mitsuzuki » Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:25 pm

Nice. Have you tried Eternal Darkness? It's a GC classic.

Mitsuzuki has received a thanks from: Yama
Mitsuzuki
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Currently playing: Deep in the Destiny hole

Postby Peter » Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:34 pm

No but I am looking at it online. Think I might have to pick up a copy.

Also how fucking hard is the Master Quest version of OOT? ?? Jesus Christ!
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Kenny » Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:46 pm

I don't think it's that hard. It's just the puzzles rearranged from what I remember.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby Henry Spencer » Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:13 pm

Peter, how much did Twilight Princess on GC set you back? Last I looked, the GC version was very pricey.

Also, I highly recommend REmake and Resident Evil Zero. And killer7 & Viewtiful Joe if you like awesome games (GC was the best version of those games).

Henry Spencer has received a thanks from: Axm
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming