Recent Gaming Purchases

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Recent Gaming Purchases

Postby OL » Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:34 am

Meant to grab it at launch, but it hit at a bad moment.
On amazon yesterday it went from 40 bucks to 15... so hell yes I swiped that up.

OL has received 2 thanks from: Monkei, sand4fish
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Axm » Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:37 am

Sonikku wrote:Looks like we all decided to get The Witcher all at once. :lol: We'll have to talk about our collective experiences as we all work through it together.

Ya ill start my playthrough in a week or 2.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Monkei » Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:18 am

Riku Rose wrote:
Monkei wrote:Riku, what about Minecraft: Story Mode? Are you playing it?
I finished all of those series, otherwise € 30 for all of them would have been such an incredible and amazing deal for me. I'm skipping Back to the Future for now though, might get that sometime later or not at all.

I've actually not paid any attention to it simply because I have never played Minecraft. I see the trailer and thought it looked good and very similar to what the Lego Movie was but the fact I haven't played it still kept me away. I haven't actually played Tales from the Boarderlands yet because I've never played the games.

I love the Back to the Future films but haven't played the game so I might do that quite soon. I'm thinking of replaying The Walking Dead though since the Michonne season will be out soon and then I can have my save carry over on the PS4 and not have to keep plugging in my 360.

Well, Story Mode really is kind of Lego Movie like I guess. The first three episodes haven't been exactly awesome so far, but I'm still enjoying it a lot. It has lots of heart and a friendly kind of humour. My first Telltale series was Tales of Monkey Island, I like their more lighthearted and humorous stuff about as much as their darker games.

I didn't play any of the Borderlands games or Minecraft by the way, and I can say both Telltale series are still very enjoyable, without too many noticable drawbacks. I could imagine the Game of Thrones game to be somewhat confusing without havin seen the HBO show. The one series I especially recommend to you is Tales from the Borderlands, it's one of their best and will most likely make you laugh a lot. (Axm will tell you otherwise - just don't listen. :p)

For Michonne I'm still sticking with the PS3 version of The Walking Dead: Season 2 (it'll be a DLC for that as far as I know..?), I just don't feel like replaying it on PS4. If they're still not able to find a way to transfer savefiles from PS3 to PS4 (from Michonne PS3 to The Walking Dead: Season 3 PS4) by the time Michonne ends, then so be it, screw carrying over.

@ Sonikku
I don't know when I'll start with that yet, but yeah, I'll let you know!
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Raithos » Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:21 pm

It arrived early!

Raithos has received 2 thanks from: AnimeGamer183, Axm
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby sand4fish » Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:25 am

I got this for IOS. Never played it before, and I'm surprised how good it actually is as I was just trying to build myself for the big hype later this month.

PS. I developed real Jedi like skills playing the swoop racing through touchscreen. I dare anyone try it. Talk about challenge.

sand4fish has received 4 thanks from: Axm, Monkei, Raithos, Sonikku
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Mr357 » Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:55 pm

Found this at a local used book store for a decent price, so I grabbed it. Not quite as rare as I thought it was, but still valuable and a game I wanted.

Mr357 has received 3 thanks from: Axm, Monkei, OL
Mr357
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Sonikku » Sun Dec 06, 2015 1:30 am

sand4fish wrote: Image

I got this for IOS. Never played it before, and I'm surprised how good it actually is as I was just trying to build myself for the big hype later this month.

PS. I developed real Jedi like skills playing the swoop racing through touchscreen. I dare anyone try it. Talk about challenge.

It occurs to me now that while Bastila on the cover looks nothing like Bastila in game, Bastila on the cover is a dead ringer for her decedent Satele in SWTOR.
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Sun Dec 06, 2015 2:05 am

Yes, KOTOR, such a good purchase.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Chaos » Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:13 am

I bought REmake on xbone a week or two back, but haven't had any time to play it. :(

game still looks gorgeous though.
Chaos
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Currently playing: Shenmue II, AC:NL

Postby south carmain » Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:44 pm

Oh yeah baby
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:59 pm

Raithos wrote:Image

Just received this in the mail. 8)

AnimeGamer183 has received a thanks from: Raithos
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Raithos » Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:34 am

Technically a 3 year old purchase lol. The first Kickstarter I backed in 2012 finally delivered. Pier Solar for Dreamcast with a 4 disc OST (disc four is the Sega CD disc to go along with the Genesis version) and hard cover guide. Old school turn based RPG. I spoiler tagged most of the pics. This is an absolute work of art. You can see how much works these guys put into this. The game was housed in the slip case shown in the fourth pic. Full color manual, CD tray and poster/stickers inside. Regular edition and the guide are still for sale last time I checked. They offer packaging to match your region too, blue PAL cases and all.

Raithos has received a thanks from: Axm
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Chaos » Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:59 am

Chaos
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Currently playing: Shenmue II, AC:NL

Postby OL » Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:53 am

Talking about must-have 3DS games the other day got me to thinking of the eShop stuff I still hadn't bought yet, so I finally booted my 3DS back up and snagged this.

Not getting into it too deep at the moment, but the little bit I've played (roughly an hour) felt pretty amazing. Even though the mechanics are totally different, it almost felt like a subtle successor to Vagrant Story; the main aesthetic duties are all handled by the same people (Matsuno writing and directing, Hitoshi Sakimoto composing, and Akihiko Yoshida on visual design), the initial setup feels a little similar (the protagonists stealing away into a ruined city/area, a bit like Ashley Riot going into Lea Monde), and even the graphics have this angular vibe to them, like something that almost could have actually been produced on the PS1, if developers had kept squeezing every last bit of power out of it. There's almost no animation to speak of (the characters are all represented as player pieces in a tabletop RPG), but I kept picturing them moving with the same style of manual animation that was present in Vagrant Story, because the look is so similar.
Gonna enjoy it whenever I finally come around to playing through it.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Henry Spencer » Fri Dec 11, 2015 5:38 pm

It's my favourite eShop game on the 3DS, that's for sure. It's only around 8-10 hours long, so it won't take your time off anything else you want to play, so I'd advise to stick with it. The story gets really good towards the end. The game systems are rather complex but once you figure them out they click into place in such a satisfying way, as is the case with Yasumi Matsuno games. Wish I had kept it in my backlog longer, I'm absolutely dying for a new Matsuno game experience at this point.
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming