Official Gaming Music Topic

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Official Gaming Music Topic

Postby Thief » Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:03 am

phpBB [video]

Thief has received a thanks from: OL
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby OL » Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:03 pm

Vyse Hazuky wrote:
phpBB [video]

Aw, nice. It reminds me of the Rule of Rose soundtrack, except not depressing as hell.
I like.

So I just looked into the Resonance of Fate/End of Eternity soundtrack after randomly finding out that it was composed jointly by Kohei Tanaka and Motoi Sakuraba, both of whom I believe are some of the best and most underappreciated (in the west, at least) composers in Japan.
And it turns out it's amazing.
The biggest thing to me is that Kohei Tanaka seemingly used the exact same type of synth on this soundtrack that he used on the one for Gravity Rush. And I love the music for Gravity Rush. So listening to some of this is like a direct extension of GR's music. It's fantastic.

phpBB [video]

That totally sounds like something you'd hear while playing as Kat, gravity shifting around Auldnoir. Freakin' glorious.

I was playing a little game as I went through various tracks on youtube, guessing whether it was a Sakuraba track or a Tanaka track, and was able to guess correctly every time.
It just bums me the hell out, because I only just now discover how great this OST is, and of course the damn thing is now out of print, so I can't get my hands on it without spending something silly like 90 bucks.
Bummer bummer.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Riku Rose » Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:45 pm

phpBB [video]

Riku Rose has received 3 thanks from: Henry Spencer, OL, Thief
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Thief » Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:29 pm

phpBB [video]

Sega's finest... I miss this era.
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Henry Spencer » Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:50 pm

I downloaded Yakuza 0's Soundtrack the other day and think it may be the best OST in the series yet. So many "HYPE" and "INTENSE" music tracks. Here's a couple of my favourites:

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

Henry Spencer has received a thanks from: OL
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Rakim » Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:50 pm

phpBB [video]

Stumbled upon this gem. It sounds so good played by a real orchestra.

Rakim has received a thanks from: OL
Rakim
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Ziming » Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:08 pm

phpBB [video]
Ziming
Banned
Banned

Postby Thief » Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:15 am

phpBB [video]

Keishi Yonao

ultra good
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Thief » Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:57 am

phpBB [video]

More PC-88/98 music exploration. This track is great.

Thief has received a thanks from: OL
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Chaos » Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:12 pm

Ziming wrote:
phpBB [video]

People can trash genesis music all they want but some games had some great music on it.

phpBB [video]

almost forgot to post this too

phpBB [video]
Chaos
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Currently playing: Shenmue II, AC:NL

Postby OL » Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:04 am

Chaos wrote:People can trash genesis music all they want but some games had some great music on it.

Who's been trashing Genesis music?
Only time I ever hear it actually being "trashed" is either when it comes to the occasional multiplatform game (people tend to prefer the soundtrack in the SNES version of Uncharted Waters: New Horizons, for example) or just when it truly deserves it (random cash-in games tended to have annoying sound work, but that's the same on any console working with a dedicated sound chip).
Anyone trashing it can suck a veiny donkey dick, because these are some of the greatest pieces of videogame music ever made:

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

1993 was a very good year.

OL has received a thanks from: Chaos
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Chaos » Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:56 am

OL wrote:
Chaos wrote:People can trash genesis music all they want but some games had some great music on it.

Who's been trashing Genesis music?
Only time I ever hear it actually being "trashed" is either when it comes to the occasional multiplatform game (people tend to prefer the soundtrack in the SNES version of Uncharted Waters: New Horizons, for example) or just when it truly deserves it (random cash-in games tended to have annoying sound work, but that's the same on any console working with a dedicated sound chip).
Anyone trashing it can suck a veiny donkey dick, because these are some of the greatest pieces of videogame music ever made:

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

1993 was a very good year.

Dunno, I've seen a lot of people trashing genesis music overall. Fuck em.

Off the subject, if you like animal crossing music, there's a cool chrome plugin that lets you play the current hours music with the click of an icon. You can choose from the original, wild world/city folk, new leaf, or new leaf snow music. I guess it can play K.K. songs on saturday night too. It's really nice.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... g?hl=en-US

I only wish it had the option to play the rain music from the original too.
Chaos
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Currently playing: Shenmue II, AC:NL

Postby Thief » Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:00 pm

phpBB [video]

I have a lot of nostalgia for these games, and looking back they probably weren't all that great, but they had some things that I really enjoyed. I like mmo culture, as weird as that sounds, as I used to play a lot of mmo's in my youth (mostly smaller ones) and enjoyed the psuedo-second-world-esque culture in them. Of course, I don't know if it's the result of modern mmos being lame as fuck (thanks to wow) or me simply outgrowing the genre/not having the time I used to have when I was 10, but I don't even want to bother playing an mmo ever again.

.hack is not an mmo, but it emulates one (sorta). I loved the whole mail system of this game where I could e-mail my party members and have small conversations and such (not to mention the fake bulletin board system), and the music is amazing, but ultimately it's very repetitive game with shallow combat and an ok at best story. I'll likely keep them just to "log-in" occasionally and relive my youth, but I wouldn't recommend them unless someone is wishing to relive the feel of early 2000's mmorpgs.

P.S. Listen to the above song all the way through because the middle gets really interesting with the weird guitar sounds :)
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Henry Spencer » Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:35 pm

I played the first game a year or two back and enjoyed it up to a point. Then it just got really, really repetitive. I liked the fake MMORPG atmosphere they were going for and think the series is pretty damn unique. It's a really cool concept and I would have loved to play the G.U series, since that looked like that very concept greatly improved upon. I've been hoping they would put the G.U games on PSN (since we never got those games here in the UK), but since that isn't happening, guess I'll have to play it via other methods. :-"
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Amir » Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:57 pm

phpBB [video]

A bit different from the Vangelis version. Think I played this game before I saw the film, never finished it, will download it at some point.

Amir has received a thanks from: OL
Amir
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Steam: AmirMoosavi
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Vanquish (PC)

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming