Random Gaming Thoughts (Read OP Before Posting)

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Random Gaming Thoughts (Read OP Before Posting)

Postby Sonikku » Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:58 pm

Axm wrote: I'm convinced that these days and in the future we are seeing virtually every game launch marred by bugs or server issues.
I can hardly name a single game ive played that didnt have a day one patch this past year, yet still had issues for the first month before being patched again.

I'm not saying I wont still buy a game at launch if its something I have the time, money and desire for but these days my number one concern is turning into, is the game ratchet or not?

Does the multiplayer work? Is the frame rate atleast 30fps? Will my save get erased? Is the in-game economy or game play itself unbalanced? Are the npc's ok? Is it long enough to warrent the money? Is their FUCKING day one DLC and so much DLC coming that I should just wait for a "complete/gold/goty/remastered edition"

Its really getting out of hand. These devs and publishers are throwing quality QA time out the window and focusing way too much on releasing on time then fixing known bugs they absolutely KNOW QA testers have reported in their hours and hours of testing.

:mad:

I freaking KNEW this was going to happen once Microsoft opened the flood gates to Xbox Live being used as a delivery system for bug fix patches with the 360 instead of just content like with the original Xbox. Games weren't nearly as buggy before because when it shipped, they HAD to get it right the first time. You didn't get a do over to fix your shit. This has been one of the historic golden advantages over the PC market, who have always dealt with barely playable day one games. But now the die has been cast and the two are becoming practically indistinguishable. "Is it compiled? Ship it before we miss the qtr!! Can always patch it later". The suits just don't care.

Sonikku has received a thanks from: Axm
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Oppy » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:52 pm

PS4 Collection slowly growing, any reccomendations?

Oppy has received 2 thanks from: Kenny, Raithos
Oppy
Aussie cunt
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: with your mums titties

Postby Axm » Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:10 pm

Destiny. Even though its one of the main culprits for my previous rant, the game has finally been patched enough to where it should have been. Dont get it for the single player, get it for the competative mulitplayer, which while sometimes unbalanced is the best shooter on PS4 atm.

Also Dragon Age Inquisition. A game I also targeted in my rant because I really want to get it at launch but just know its got issues to patch aswell as confirmed by reviews. I'll be picking that up in December.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Kenny » Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:00 pm

I had a dream where I sold my PS3 and just bought a PS4. Then I tried to get a Wii-U for Smash Bros but they were all sold out and they only had the controllers.

Sign of things to come, probably.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby Oppy » Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:12 am

Axm wrote: Destiny. Even though its one of the main culprits for my previous rant, the game has finally been patched enough to where it should have been. Dont get it for the single player, get it for the competative mulitplayer, which while sometimes unbalanced is the best shooter on PS4 atm.

Whilst I do enjoy multiplayer fps, and Destiny definately looks great in that regard, its something I prefer to do with my friends, and i dont have enough friends with PS4s to warrent a PS Plus membership. I just dont find it very fun playing with complete strangers all the time.
I have heard the single player is pretty average, so at this point in time i'm going to hold off buying Destiny because I know by the time I do end up getting a PS Plus membership it will be half the price.
I was going to sign up upon purchasing AC Unity but i think I'll wait till that drops in price as well. (or at least till all the bugs are fixed)

Also Dragon Age Inquisition. A game I also targeted in my rant because I really want to get it at launch but just know its got issues to patch aswell as confirmed by reviews. I'll be picking that up in December.

DA Inquisition is one I have been interesred in for a while, though since it only just come out I'll wait to hear what people say before paying full price for it.
Since games are really expensive over here on release ($80-$100) I usually wait a month or two before buying them, and if they havnt dropped in price by then i'll grab a pre-owned copy.

Oppy has received a thanks from: Axm
Oppy
Aussie cunt
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Raithos » Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:00 am

phpBB [video]
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Kenny » Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:55 am

Somehow it seems more wrong when it's n first person.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby Axm » Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:33 am

Just got the Dreamcast logo uploaded to my PSN for my icon by using the playstation app! Much excite!

Axm has received a thanks from: Raithos
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Oppy » Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:13 pm

Looks like there may be a few hidden features in next gen GTA 5,
I got to play as a bird today! :)
Found it pretty entertaining

phpBB [video]

Oppy has received a thanks from: Kenny
Oppy
Aussie cunt
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Raithos » Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:12 pm

Just a heads up for fellow Vita owners, a pretty awesome looking game is being localized in February. It was going to be digital only, but NIS decided to do a very small physical print of it (a couple thousand from what I've read). The LE is only $29.99 with free shipping so you can't really go wrong. Plus it will likely end up being one of the most hard to find games on the system, with physical copies only being sold through them and the run being so small. I've always used PayPal with them and they don't charge until a few days before shipping in case anyone was concerned about that.

http://store.nisamerica.com/htol-niq-the-firefly-diary

phpBB [video]

Raithos has received a thanks from: OL
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby OL » Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:02 am

It reminds me of A Boy and His Blob, which is still one of my favorite games on the Wii.
Looks pretty nice. I may actually have to get that one.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby OL » Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:39 pm

Popped in Assassin's Creed II just now because I wanted to record something for a really simple video I might make. There's a plot point in ACIV that I've never seen anyone else reference or explain, so I think it might be worth putting a video out explaining my stance on it.
Anyway, I needed to record the part where you flash back to Altair climbing a tower and getting jiggy with Maria, but the game doesn't have a "replay mission" option. So I start a new game, feeling like I remembered it occurring right near the beginning. I play through the entirety of the first couple sequences, spend about an hour and a half trying to speed through, thinking "it's coming up soon, right?" Out of frustration I check a walkthrough, and it turns out that scene is something like halfway through the entire game.
Fuck.
So I guess I'll just use pictures or something for the video. So annoying that every AC game has a mission select option except for this one. No clue why it was left out. Would have been nice if they'd patched one in or something.

Either way, playing the early scenes in Ezio's story brought back to mind just how great this old stuff was from a presentation perspective. The series is still great in my eyes, obviously, but it's a lot of fun going back to the start, when it was still kind of mysterious and new. Also, as much as I love Black Flag and Rogue, there's a certain sense of "population" that thriving European cities like Florence or Rome can offer that's kind of absent when you find yourself on a ship or roaming colonial settlements for entire games. I'm really interested to see if Paris can offer a similar feeling in Unity. Stands to reason that it might.

OL has received a thanks from: Oppy
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Oppy » Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:58 am

Playing The Evil Within on PS4 and really enjoying it.
Its truly morbid and terrifying at times, and actually very challenging.
Love the gameplay and controls, they are very similar to The Last Of Us, which is one of my favorite games as of recent. I would say its actually very similar but with a much darker and creepier atmosphere, the style has Mikami written all over it. The story is pretty stock thus far but Im only upto chapter 3 at the moment, just hoping for the plot to thicken a bit.

My only complaints are about the black bars, and the framerate.
Playing a game in letterbox view just dont feel right, I know its to give a greater field of vision on console hardware, but regrdless it is pretty tacky.
I feel the framerate for The Evil Within is pretty sluggish, just rotating the camera view whilst walking makes everything look pretty choppy at times, maybe i've grown accustomed to 60fps for alot of other games and im just nit picking, but it just doesnt feel as smooth as it should be.

All up enjoying it so far and would recommend it to any fan or survival horror games.

Oppy has received a thanks from: Axm
Oppy
Aussie cunt
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Axm » Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:12 pm

Ya im on the last couple chapters of it. Love the game. Will write a review in the other thread.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:10 pm

phpBB [video]

http://steparu.com/previews/fps/1652-gh ... ut-trailer

Well it seems that they are making an Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex online multiplayer FPS style game (hopefully there is a bad ass single player campaign too), I actually have to say that this thing could be impressive if the right mechanics from the GitS world are put in. Im not a fan of FPS much any more but this still is some what interesting. It also doesnt name a platform, but im thinking PC is probably a good guess. Hopefully we get more information soon.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming