Latest Purchases

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Latest Purchases

Postby Crimson Ryan » Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:53 pm

Crimson Ryan wrote: Image

Sony Xperia Z5 Compact with charging dock.

Unfortunately I had notice this phone has been discontinued and my order is cancelled. Seems I'll have to put up with my Z1 Compact for now. As soon as the Xperia X dock is available I'll take the plunge on the X Compact!

Crimson Ryan has received a thanks from: Axm
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby Crimson Ryan » Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:14 pm

Sony Xperia Z1 Compact Replacement Port Covers

Unfortunately, I've also fell victim to my cover ports snapping off which in turn nullified my phones waterproofing.

Seemed to be quite a common complaint about the Z series before they made the ports waterproof without the need for covers.

I was browsing whether it was worth claiming on my insurance before stumbling on a repair video to replace them and it looks painfully easy to do. The example in the video had just the frame disassembled, but the author said they could be put in place with no disassembling required.

£8 purchase from eBay. Wish me luck!

Crimson Ryan has received a thanks from: sand4fish
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby sand4fish » Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:07 am

Good luck. I've got a Z5 premium myself. I have it for almost half a year and so far nothing snapped yet :-o .
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby BlueMue » Sat Oct 29, 2016 2:34 pm

I gotta report that I returned the Sony TV and switched to an LG OLED C6. It looks a bit lost in comparison as it's only a 55" model and the bezel is really thin. The curved design also gives it more of a different appearance.

Long story short, the Sony's LCD had too many limitations and issues and I returned it. I came to the conclusion that OLED just works better for me and I can live much better with the limits of this technology. OLED is overpriced but this 55" model has come down a lot and is priced very reasonably. Even though I really wanted 65" I can live with it for now as I decided not to keep it for very long. There is enough time for another generation of new models until Shenmue III comes out and that's when I really want the fresh best TV.

BlueMue has received 2 thanks from: Bambi, Ziming
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:56 pm

Just picked up an LG 4K UHD HDR Pro 50 inch Smart TV for $399 at Best Buy. I think it was today only, but holy shit I couldnt pass that up. Will post pictures of it later.

Now I have a TV that will work correctly with my PS4, and I will actually get full resolution from my cable as well! Boss.

AnimeGamer183 has received 3 thanks from: Axm, Bambi, Raithos
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Sonikku » Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:00 pm

HDR Pro? Is that a business euphemism for "It doesn't have HDR, but if you took it to mean it does and buy it for the reason we sure would appreciate it"? I saw that all the time when 120hz was new and vendors were making up all kinds of terms and bullshit like "120 scenes per second" to fool consumers into thinking 60hz tvs were 120hz.
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Sonikku » Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:30 am

After saving what I could for months I found an early BF deal at Sam's I couldn't pass up. Vizio E65-E1, a 65" 4k display. A couple quick pics taken from my cell.

It omits HDR, a TV turner, higher refresh rates (only 60hz) and has only so so speakers but these were worthwhile concessions for me to get a 65" display for $598. I did want HDR to make it more future proof, but that basically would have doubled the price outright. :shock: So far I am very pleased, but it's so damn big I'm going to have to find another place for my Shenmue record frame. :sad:

Sonikku has received 3 thanks from: Axm, Bambi, St. Elmo's Fire
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Raithos » Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:06 pm

Already have Hidden Fortress but its on DVD, so had to grab the blu-ray. Barnes and Noble has their yearly sale going (online) so I got em both half off, even though LW&C is a new release.
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Crimson Ryan » Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:17 am

Xperia X Compact with the Style Cover and USB-C DK60 dock. Sony Mobile have a deal going at the moment where they're selling the cover for free with the phone, so the £35 I've saved I spent on the dock..
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby AM2 » Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:21 am

Crimson Ryan wrote: Image

Xperia X Compact with the Style Cover and USB-C DK60 dock. Sony Mobile have a deal going at the moment where they're selling the cover for free with the phone, so the £35 I've saved I spent on the dock..

Seems like a nice 'compact' phone. There aren't many other choices in the compact with flagship specs class.
AM2
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Currently playing: Life

Postby Crimson Ryan » Sat Nov 19, 2016 11:29 am

Too true. So many manufacturer's released smaller phones with cut-down specs to match.

I was so glad when Sony announced this latest compact since it wasn't announced with the first batch in the new X series.
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby AM2 » Sat Nov 19, 2016 12:20 pm

Enjoy your new device. Wish there was an XZ Compact for me to upgrade to.
I'd love to get that ALKALEIDO metal in my hands :)
AM2
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Currently playing: Life

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:57 pm

A ton of shit, I will try to update more as I will surely be needing to.

Solar powered USB charging station (for my Festival trips when I camp for work so not completely off the grid)
RFID Blocking Leather wallet (My last wallet was falling apart, this new one is great, and conserves space better)
USB Car Charger (So I can finally charge on the road, yay)
Portable USB Car Charger/power converter (so I can have a domestic outlet to plug whatever I need in while im on the road)
Sound Spa Relaxation machine (I havent slept less than 7 hours straight with the white noise sound on since I got this thing WIN)
4 High Speed HDMI Cables (to go with the new TV)
2 retractable Micro USB cables (so I have shit to plug into in the car)
3 Pack LED Camping Lanterns (these babies were cheap on amazon and look futuristic as fuck)
Survival Kit with Water Proof bag (another useful camping accessory)
Glow in the Dark Compass
AUX cable for my car (so I can listen to other things besides the radio)
Touch activated LED dimmable Desk Lamp
ZLine Computer Desk/Work Station
Logitech C920 Webcam

More coming soon, and hopefully some gaming stuff too.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby OL » Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:21 am

Raithos wrote: Image

Already have Hidden Fortress but its on DVD, so had to grab the blu-ray. Barnes and Noble has their yearly sale going (online) so I got em both half off, even though LW&C is a new release.

:nice!:
I got the Lone Wolf and Cub one the other day myself, same store, same sale. Was thinking the whole time "holy shit, so glad I didn't pre-order it." Would have been a good thirty bucks extra if I had, and then I'd be kicking myself.
Really nice set, too. It's nice having Zatoichi, Lady Snowblood, and LW&C all together on bluray finally, and all from Criterion to boot.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby shredingskin » Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:01 am

A gtx 1080 laptop.

I'm so fucking anxious to get it.

shredingskin has received a thanks from: St. Elmo's Fire
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist