Random Shenmue Thoughts

(Chapter 1 | General Series Discussion)

Re: Random Shenmue Thoughts

Postby Calshot » Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:45 am

Lan Di jumping around like a crazy chimpanzee is the default animation or something like that. I remember using the invisible/sign glitch to get on Green Market Quarter when I wasn't supposed to and a bunch of the students at the Guang martial arts school were doing the same crazy jumping motion.
Calshot
Volare!
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: SoLongAgo
Steam: Vodkakui

Postby Giorgio » Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:08 am

Indeed. I have a hunch that it is stored in the EN_DEKU.BIN file. However, I was able to control the move animations in some extent (mainly to stop or start the animations), as can be seen in the video.

EDIT: One more, haha!
phpBB [video]

Giorgio has received a thanks from: KX-5
Giorgio
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza series

Postby BlueMue » Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:02 pm

Those old ladies with their baskets. Like cheerleaders. :rotflmao:

And yeah the star jump dummy motion. Have to bring up my old video about that again.
Happend to me by a glitch in the 360s shoddy emulation.

phpBB [video]

By the way I remember I've seen a lone NPC doing this in a remote end of a quarter in Shenmue II that I accessed by the invisible glitch. I tried to find him again but I couldn't. Anyone happen to know where that guy can be seen regularly?
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Giorgio » Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:22 pm

Just for fun. :V

phpBB [video]

Giorgio has received a thanks from: BlueMue
Giorgio
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby BlueMue » Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:34 pm

I just realized that you can skip the elevator ride just like cutscenes in Shenmue II, but only on the Xbox.
Makes me wonder why I never tried hammering the B button while riding with one of the elevators in Kowloon.

Kinda cool, you can definately save some time with these teleporter elevators.
Especially if you've glitched to the elevator in the Big Ox Basement and ride the 45 floors on your own in an instant.
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Radar » Sun Aug 03, 2014 6:30 am

BlueMue wrote: I just realized that you can skip the elevator ride just like cutscenes in Shenmue II, but only on the Xbox.
Makes me wonder why I never tried hammering the B button while riding with one of the elevators in Kowloon.

Kinda cool, you can definately save some time with these teleporter elevators.
Especially if you've glitched to the elevator in the Big Ox Basement and ride the 45 floors on your own in an instant.

Never thought about skipping them, and actually, I enjoyed every moment of riding those elevators \:D/
Radar
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby BlueMue » Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:48 am

I was wondering if there's a way to get out of a move instruction without properly mastering it in Shenmue I.
Turns out, there really is! You just have to fail hard. Video coming soon.

BlueMue has received 3 thanks from: Giorgio, johnvivant, rome
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Giorgio » Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:55 pm

SPECTACULAR! :D

phpBB [video]

Giorgio has received 3 thanks from: BlueMue, Oppy, Yokosuka
Giorgio
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby BlueMue » Sat Aug 09, 2014 5:00 am

That was nice and just what I needed to ease a bit of my frustration. Very intersting to see it played with an instrument like that. Thought it was some kind of shamisen but then it's actually a phillipine instrument.
Sounds kinda similar though.

Anyway, why am I frustrated? I'm trying to win the grand prize at the Abe Store again, for my videos.
But moreso because it's pretty much the only thing in Shenmue that I've never done. I must get that damn prize!

So I've been trying this on Demul. I use my 10 winning cans in a row and then I reload and do it again.
The results are definately different each time and I've won the 1st prize three times already.
But the grand prize... I've drawn more then 650 raffle tickets with that method and it's just not happening!
I've even tried to increase the chances by trying this on christmas eve for the last couple rounds but that doesn't really seem to do anything at all.

That old lady is evil. She's cheating. The Gold Dural is a lie! I can't believe I've still never won it after so many tries.
I know the chances are only 1/400 but it must happen at some point, right? I will continue but I'd really need some "soul support" from you guys, just so I don't go insane over this.

BlueMue has received 2 thanks from: Giorgio, johnvivant
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby _StreetSonic_ » Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:25 pm

Baby Boy Ryo you can do it!
_StreetSonic_
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby BlueMue » Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:24 am

Still on this. I've just drawn raffle ticket number 1000. And still no Dural Gold.

I don't know if this would be a good time to give up. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong but it seems the game simply just doesn't let me win the Dural Gold. I've won the first prize 6 times during the hunt now, just to put things into perspective.

It would be great if someone could look into the files and try to hack the game so that all raffles are always the grand prize. I kinda don't see it happen any way else anymore...
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Giorgio » Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:55 pm

This is one of my favourite tracks of the Shenmue series:
phpBB [video]

It doesn't sound that similar with other Shenmue tracks, especially those that sound more Chinese in style. Eileen M. Edelweiss is a Canadian, therefore they encapsulate the fact she is an American through the style of the music. It still has that epic touch, but it fits more the American culture as it sounds. And that's a big plus for the developers, for such a realistic detail to include, one that also projects the traits of that specific character.

Moreover, it reminds me of Lara Croft Tomb Raider: Legend's music:
phpBB [video]
Giorgio
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby BlueMue » Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:39 pm

I've kept trying to win the Dural Gold over the past couple of days at a very slow pace as it started to become very hard for me to keep doing it. And you know what? I give up now!

I've drawn 2000 frickin tickets and no Dural Gold. I did win the Dural Silver 15 times but I don't care at all about that crap prize. I don't know why I never won the top prize. Maybe it's because I use winning cans. Maybe it's because reloading after 10 tries somehow ruins how the game calculates when you win the top prize. Maybe it's some kind of fault in the emulation that prevents the prize from ever appearing. Maybe I'm just trying to find explanations as I don't really believe any of this it causing problems. Or maybe I simply just have the worst luck imaginable.

Unless maybe someone can shed some light on winning that prize (I don't even know how the top prize ticket looks. I've tried digging through the game files and couldn't find any of the tickets) or somehow really hack the game to always give the top prize at the raffle. Until there is a glimmer of hope, I count this prize as a myth. As something virtually impossible to get.
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Giorgio » Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:17 pm

AoY Podcast was able to interview the voice of Joy/Xiuying/Yuan from Shenmue II, Lisle Wilkerson:

http://aoypodcast.com/2014/09/01/aoy-po ... interview/
Giorgio
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Giorgio » Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:25 pm

THIS IS WHY RYO HAZUKI "MUST HAVE HIS REVENGE"!!!

ONLY THEN HE'LL BE FULLY MATURED TO FEEL NOZOMI AND GET OVER HIS OBSESSION WITH CAPSULE TOYS (and sailors...)

‪#‎SaveShenmue‬ to cure this baby-boy Ryo...

WASHINGTON—Citing the central role the process plays in cognitive development, a study released Thursday by the American Psychological Association found that boys do not reach emotional maturity until avenging the murder of their father.

Source: Child Development Experts Say Boys Not Fully Mature Until Avenging Father’s Murder

Giorgio has received a thanks from: Axm
Giorgio
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue