Random Shenmue Thoughts

(Chapter 1 | General Series Discussion)

Re: Random Shenmue Thoughts

Postby Zoltor » Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:10 pm

Ryo needs to stop carelessly shoving everything in his back pocket, plus aren't Japanese suppose to be overly polite, and such, shoving pictures in your back pocket, is hardly a showing of a well meaning gesture lol.
Zoltor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Scrounder » Sun Sep 13, 2015 5:22 am

Zoltor wrote: Nintendo did a test, they had a ton of people play the 1st stage of SMB1, and their results state that 90% op gamers today, can't even finish the 1st stage of SMB1 http://www.p4rgaming.com/majority-of-ga ... ario-bros/

P4RGaming is a parody website - the video game equivalent of The Onion. :rotflmao:
Scrounder
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Zoltor » Sun Sep 13, 2015 5:33 am

Scrounder wrote:
Zoltor wrote: Nintendo did a test, they had a ton of people play the 1st stage of SMB1, and their results state that 90% op gamers today, can't even finish the 1st stage of SMB1 http://www.p4rgaming.com/majority-of-ga ... ario-bros/

P4RGaming is a parody website - the video game equivalent of The Onion. :rotflmao:

I'm pretty sure that is legit though, for the link, I seriously just copy/pasted the link to the first site I found with the info on it.

The article the site shows, has basically gone viral, so the odds are this test, was a real thing sigh.

Even a lot of the more reliable/more trustworthy youtubers are talking about such.
Last edited by Zoltor on Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zoltor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Gen » Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:26 am

ShenGCH wrote:In other words: Gen, you're spot-on. Shenmue needs a mini-map as much as it needs a damn crouching button :P

EDIT: Dark Souls and Bloodborne are perfect examples of contemporary games that give very little - if any - hints as to where you should go next, hence why exploration and the sense of discovery in those games feels so organic and wonderful. In Dark Souls, as soon as you land in Firelink Shrine, there are three directions in which you can head at your will with absolutely no restriction: the Catacombs, Undead Burg, and New Londo Ruins. Only after getting absolutely massacred at two of the three does it occur to the player that Undead Burg is the right way to go at that point in the game.

Or a jump button for that matter :)

I've actually just started playing Dark Souls, heard alot of good things about it.
Gen
Master of the Three Blades

Postby ShenGCH » Sun Sep 13, 2015 5:15 pm

Gen wrote:
ShenGCH wrote:In other words: Gen, you're spot-on. Shenmue needs a mini-map as much as it needs a damn crouching button :P

EDIT: Dark Souls and Bloodborne are perfect examples of contemporary games that give very little - if any - hints as to where you should go next, hence why exploration and the sense of discovery in those games feels so organic and wonderful. In Dark Souls, as soon as you land in Firelink Shrine, there are three directions in which you can head at your will with absolutely no restriction: the Catacombs, Undead Burg, and New Londo Ruins. Only after getting absolutely massacred at two of the three does it occur to the player that Undead Burg is the right way to go at that point in the game.

Or a jump button for that matter :)

I've actually just started playing Dark Souls, heard alot of good things about it.

You're in for a real treat, man. One of the best games of the last generation.
ShenGCH
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Yokosuka » Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:03 am

phpBB [video]

First time I really like a customized Dreamcast.

Yokosuka has received 3 thanks from: Bambi, Chaikilla, Giorgio
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby shengoro86 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:47 am

Yokosuka wrote:
phpBB [video]

First time I really like a customized Dreamcast.

Ah thats Mark's Dreamcast! I know the guy who makes those. He is M.A.L. Custom Consoles on facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/malcustomconsoles
shengoro86
Admin - Shenmue500K
Shenmue 500K Staff

PSN: Shengoro86
XBL: Rock Is Sponge
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Shenmue III (PC)

Postby Amir » Tue Sep 22, 2015 5:26 am

Did anybody actually play through Shenmue I with "Magic Weather"/the historical Yokosuka weather? I mean, it's cool that it was included but I wonder what else the budget allocated for that could have been spent on instead :P
Amir
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Steam: AmirMoosavi
Currently playing: Vanquish (PC)

Postby Calshot » Wed Sep 23, 2015 3:42 pm

^
I did.

It makes it easier to trigger certain weather-related events, like the Nozomi/bullies thing after it snows (or something like that).

Calshot has received a thanks from: Amir
Calshot
Volare!
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: SoLongAgo
Steam: Vodkakui

Postby Amir » Wed Sep 23, 2015 4:04 pm

Calshot wrote: ^

It makes it easier to trigger certain weather-related events, like the Nozomi/bullies thing after it snows (or something like that).

Interesting, forgot that there were weather-related triggers in the game!
Amir
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Steam: AmirMoosavi
Currently playing: Vanquish (PC)

Postby Kiske » Fri Sep 25, 2015 4:38 am

Man... I love him :king:

phpBB [video]

Note: Don't pump up the volume too high!

Kiske has received a thanks from: Giorgio
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

PSN: KosiKosa

Postby Ziming » Sat Sep 26, 2015 7:14 pm

Shenmue Music: Hazuki Residence (Extended) 3d renders by Esppiral
phpBB [video]

Ziming has received a thanks from: Esppiral
Ziming
Banned
Banned

Postby Shibiryo » Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:41 am

Calshot wrote: ^
I did.

Wow, that is really intresting thanks. Perhaps I should use this on a new playthrough.

I might try experimenting with PC stuff, creating custom box arts for Shenmue 3 some time!
Shibiryo
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Currently playing: Shenmue 1&2

Postby Esppiral » Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:45 pm

Yesterday I dreamed about Shenmue 3 :rotflmao: :roflmao: It was about that tech demo that Cedric tweeted about.

It started with a snowy place, showing the new weather engine, there were rabbits deers and other animals there, then the camera panned out, a lot of flowers in blossom and petals started to fly around the sky, in a beautiful manner, and suddenly it changed to a beautiful spring with green mountains and hills plenty of life.

A figure appeared from the distance, it was Shenhua, she was walking around the environment, she seemed very happy and plenty of life too, her outfit was different but similar to her traditional one, she was wearing a hat and had longer hair than before ( I know it makes no sense, but I don't have control over my dreams xD)
While she was walking she meet Ryo, our Ryo, it was the CG Ryo xD, and then when everything was getting interesting I woke up T_T

In my dream Shenhua's dress was gorgeous, I am not very good at drawing, but I tried to make a sketch of the basics.

Man I wish I could take a photo out of my Dream that whole thing was gorgeous.

Esppiral has received 4 thanks from: Chaikilla, Giorgio, Kiske, Yokosuka
Esppiral
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: Esppiral
XBL: Esppiral
Steam: Esppiral
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: The Witcher 2

Postby Chaikilla » Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:34 pm

This is just a random life thought (inspired by the post above) but I noticed that whenever somebody says they're not really good at drawing, they're actually really, really, really good at drawing.

Back to random Shenmue thoughts, though. I think about Chai a lot, he creeped me out so much as a kid that I've kind of become obsessed with him. I guess this is more of a random Chai thought (again...) but what's with that arrow on his pants and why is it pointing upwards? Is Chai trying to condition us subconciously into looking at his face? Maybe he doesn't want us to look below the waist because he's ashamed of what he has (or hasn't got, rather) downstairs. Poor Chai.
Chaikilla

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue