Support Shenmue in a big German poll

(Chapter 1 | General Series Discussion)

Re: Support Shenmue in a big German poll

Postby BlueMue » Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:47 am

They FINALLY continue with the quarterfinals. Idk why they took so many big breaks. I guess they want to have it end at the same day as our actual Bundestagswahl.

Anyways, Super Mario World is currently teaching Final Fantasy VII a lesson. The Maniac users seem to REALLY like Nintendo, especially Mario. 5 of the 8 finalists are from Nintendo and 3 of them are Mario games.

Tomorrow it will be Shenmue's turn again and we really have to force it through if we don't want the final to be
Ocarina of Time vs. Mario 64...

BlueMue has received 2 thanks from: Giorgio, Let's Get Sweaty
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:35 pm

So the Shenmue/Zelda poll begins in a few hours, right?
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Postby BlueMue » Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:01 pm

BlueMue has received 3 thanks from: Giorgio, Let's Get Sweaty, mue 26
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby mue 26 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:36 pm

Shenmue has blasted into the lead with a very strong start! The question will be, does it have the stamina to keep it up until the end.
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby mue 26 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:58 pm

lol at how the recent comments from the Germans on that site are all like "how can Shenmue be leading!??". One guy even suggested that Shenmue fans were manipulating the results. What they don't realise is that the Shenmue fanbase is just better organised, and there are now Shenmue fans from all over the world participating in this lol. No other game fanbase takes internet polling as serious as Shenmue fans do :) We run that shit.
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Tomai » Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:35 am

Yeah i voted to!
Phoenix Mirror > TriForce :mrgreen:
Tomai
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

XBL: N385386
Currently playing: Xenoblade Chronicles

Postby BlueMue » Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:29 am

I sure dreamed that Shenmue could do it but I didn't really believe that it could really take the lead against Ocarina of Time. 57% that just makes me really happy. However Shenmue is forcing it's way through I sure hope it can hold the lead until the end of the poll.

I also find it funny but also annoying how all those dumb users over there that comment in every poll always wanna bash Shenmue. "How could it win against RE and Chrono Trigger, those games are better", "Shenmue is unnkown, how can it get so many votes". They clearly underestimate Shenmue in every aspect and I bet most of them haven't even played it.
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby mue 26 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:10 am

As suspected though, stamina could be a problem for us. We still have a 4% lead, but our lead is clearly shrinking the longer this goes on. This will probably be a real slog to the end.
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby BlueMue » Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:18 am

Does someone have an easy way to change IP adresses and vote a couple of dozend times? I tried a few addons for Firefox and it didn't really work that well. I might have gotten 4-5 votes in but most of the time I couldn't vote or it was so slow that the site didn't load at all.

I know it's somewhat "unfair" but you know what? I don't care! I bet some of those Zelda suckers are trying the same after accusing every Shenmue fan of doing so. Even beyond that I don't care at all. Shenmue could REALLY use the publicitiy it gains there after winning the thing and Zelda and the Marios have won that kind of stuff so often it really doesn't matter if they get one more point.

Man I REALLY want Shenmue to tear Zelda to shreads now! Call me silly but this stuff is really aggravating me now.
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Sakaro » Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:48 am

wow, it's really tight but a 2% does not bode well for Shenmue. It's still early afternoon in Germany and most Germans will go online and vote in the evening. On the other hand, Shenmue fans would be the best cheaters ever if Shenmue manages to advance to the next round :king: *just kidding*
I think most people underestimate how well organized Shenmue fans are. When I opened this Thread I did not expect to receive such a huge feedback, either \:D/
Sakaro
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:09 am

Really time to get arses in gear now. Get this link out amongst every Shenmue fan you can find, while trying to avoid the attention of more Zelda fans.

Let's Get Sweaty has received a thanks from: Giorgio
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby JohnBlack » Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:38 am

Ok...lets push this
JohnBlack
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Postby mue 26 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:41 pm

Shenmue is maintaining a nice 8% lead at the moment, I'm sure we can win this thing! The Germans in the comments section are so outraged right now ahaha
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:57 pm

I assume from their tantrums that there's a rule somewhere on the site that says anyone can vote in the poll except Shenmue fans.

Let's Get Sweaty has received 2 thanks from: Giorgio, mue 26
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby BlueMue » Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:08 pm

Yeah they are going on quite a rage and it's pretty amusing. Only 3 more hours to go...
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue