Support Shenmue in a big German poll

(Chapter 1 | General Series Discussion)

Re: Support Shenmue in a big German poll

Postby BlueMue » Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:11 pm

Shenmue won again and has now entered the final!

The final is going to be another step tougher with Mario 64 (I bet) but considering how far this went, there is definately a chance that Shenmue wins this thing! No matter how it ends, it's definatley an incredible that Shenmue has made it to the very end.
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:30 pm

It's been an interesting climb. I managed to upset someone on Facebook today over, well, nothing. But onwards and upwards, and I'll be surprised if Mario isn't coming back for more in the next round.
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Postby LiquidSnake » Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:44 am

Yep if Mario 64 makes it to the finals (which is most probably against MGS) it will be a thoughie.

Let's Get Sweaty wrote:I managed to upset someone
:mrgreen:

To be honest i was highly motivated to tease them civilized in the forums ... apparently the commenting administration/moderation on Maniac is quite disrespectful towards sega/sega-fans/shenmue in general. Just shows their lvl of fairness/hospitality whatsoever. > I am somewhat disgusted/disappointed by some people over there.

(one shenmue-voting-user was even suspended for a week > mainly for defending civilized against insulting critique with counters that obviously hit the spot ) - i also almost made it too... but looks like i still haven't overstepped the mark*

> Thanks for all your support ladies and gents - we are counting on it, once again in the finals.
Last edited by LiquidSnake on Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
LiquidSnake
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Hawken

Postby Giorgio » Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:31 am

^Well, it seems like they (the Maniac administration) want no matter what to bring a Nintendo game to the Final and let it win. Just count how many Nintendo games were in the competition; Mario alone had 3!

In their update on Facebook, they mention this: "to the surprise of all observers Shenmue won..." and then they end up with this: "/Irony".
Giorgio
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza series

Postby BlueMue » Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:56 am

I think someone should make clear that we just support our beloved game and have no intentions whatsoever to piss anybody off or spoil the poll. Maybe they just don't understand the concept of a supporting fandom.

In any way, they should just calm down and get over with what's happening or mobilize their own fanbases to counter our support instead of whining like a child who's favorite toy has been taken out of it's hands. It's either Ocarina of Time, a Mario game or Final Fantasy VII who always win these kinds of polls and they all have their track record.
So why does it matter sooo much if OoT doesn't nail it's 27th victory and instead a game that never won any of these things takes the cake and get's what it deserves for once?
Do we go on a rampage if Shenmue loses somewhere? No! We see the good side like: "Hey, at least it won the first round against Plumbers don't wear ties! Better than not getting anywhere"

I really don't want to complain any more but I find it really rather irritating how narrow minded and single-sided some of the folks over at Maniac are. Nintendo has always been better then Sega so Shenmue cannot win? Really!?
Why does the brand even matter in a poll about games?

BlueMue has received 2 thanks from: Giorgio, Let's Get Sweaty
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:06 pm

Giorgio wrote:In their update on Facebook, they mention this: "to the surprise of all observers Shenmue won..." and then they end up with this: "/Irony".

That is some shocking sour grapes from the one party in all of this that ought to remain impartial, at least publicly. If they can demonstrate any reason why Shenmue shouldn't have won, then they should disqualify it from the tournament and justify their reasons. Otherwise STFU and give the game its moment.

Let's Get Sweaty has received 2 thanks from: Giorgio, mue 26
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby mue 26 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:12 pm

^My thoughts exactly. Talk about unprofessh. Would have expected better from Germany's biggest game magazine. Elitest chumps. They mad salty.
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby BlueMue » Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:03 pm

The final is set but they take another break, so the epic clash between Shenmue and Mario 64 has to wait a little longer.
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:18 pm

Do we know for certain when the final's due to begin?
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby BlueMue » Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:27 pm

Sadly no. At least not yet. I haven't seen them mention it and they haven't posted something on Facebook either.
Guess we'll just have to wait for them to announce something.

If not you can all be asured that I'll post the link here as soon as the final starts.
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby BlueMue » Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:56 am

Maniac posted on Facebook a while ago that the final will start on Saturday and last for 48 hours.
So get ready for tomorrow!
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:08 pm

The more I look at the aforementioned post on the Maniac Facebook page, the more I think they may have simply been referring to the percentage of votes with which Shenmue defeated a Super Mario game (64). That may be the irony they're talking about, rather than taking any kind of pot shot at Shenmue's victory itself. I hope that's the case anyway.
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby BlueMue » Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:01 pm

Here it is, the grand epic: The final featuring Shenmue: http://www.maniac.de/content/umfrage-bu ... r-mario-64
Now let's all pull together one last time so Shenmue takes the crown!

And I hope you are right LGS and that's not just goodwill reading. At least the comments from the Maniac users so far are definately less anti-Shenmue and more understanding this time around.

BlueMue has received 2 thanks from: Giorgio, LiquidSnake
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Sakaro » Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:26 pm

The final battle for glory has begun. Let's take the crown. "All together now" *sing* :king:
Sakaro
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby Mitsuzuki » Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:28 pm

Good start for Shenmue. 321 votes vs. 92 votes.
Mitsuzuki
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Currently playing: Deep in the Destiny hole

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue