Support Shenmue in a big German poll

(Chapter 1 | General Series Discussion)

Support Shenmue in a big German poll

Postby Sakaro » Mon May 27, 2013 8:06 pm

The pretty big German print videogame magazine M! Maniac is having a voting competition for the best videogame of all time on their website. It's not some fan project, it's a poll of one of the leading German magazines for videogames and I'm not affiliated with it. I registered here a long time ago. You can check that, if you think I'm a spammer :)
The competition uses some sort of playoff system, where two games compete over 24 hours to advance to the next round. In the first round Shenmue has to receive more votes than Assassin's Creed II, so the competition is pretty stiff. The voting started two hours ago, so you have 22 more hours to vote for Shenmue and bring it one step closer to victory and a proof of demand for the game by fans in Germany. If you want to support Shenmue here is the link: http://www.maniac.de/content/umfrage-bundesspielewahl-2013-vorrunde-match-28-shenmue-vs-assassins-creed-ii. If there are people interested in the competition here, I would also inform you, if Shenmue makes it to the second round and needs votes again :)
lg Sakaro

Sakaro
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Re: Support Shenmue in a big German poll

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Wed May 29, 2013 12:48 am

Shenmue was well ahead of Assassin's Creed II, so is there a new poll now against a different contender?

Edit: Okay, from what I can tell (as a non-German speaker), there's literally one poll per day, so Shenmue's turn won't come around again for a while now. Please let us know when it resurfaces in the next round, Sakaro!
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:56 am

Is this tournament still going? I can't find the latest poll on the website. It's the first time I've checked in a while, so I might have missed Shenmue's second round bracket and the whole remainder of the project, but at the pace it was going I expected it to last longer than this.
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Rakim » Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:01 am

Hah! You said Big German Pole......... :lol:

Rakim has received a thanks from: Mr357
Rakim
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Sakaro » Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:33 am

Hey, the second round has started and Shenmue has to beat Guitar Hero, which it is doing easily at the moment. I almost missed the second round myself, so you only have 9 more hours to vote, but it might be worth it. You find the poll under this http://www.maniac.de/content/umfrage-bundesspielewahl-2013-132-finale-match-14-guitar-hero-vs-shenmue url. Since somebody asked a question about the polling system. There is indeed one poll between two games per day, that's why there was such a long time between the first and the second poll with Shenmue. The tournament schedule is available under http://www.maniac.de/content/bilder-bundesspielewahl-2013-wahlplan. As you see Shenmue will have to battle it out with Chrono Trigger if it advances to the next round. That will be a tough one, since Chrono Trigger itself is a legend. So in the next round pro-Shenmue votes will be even more important than this round.

Sakaro has received a thanks from: Let's Get Sweaty
Sakaro
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby Sakaro » Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:06 pm

The next round has started. Shenmue has to beat Chrono Trigger this time. 24h to go. This one will be tough. Shenmue needs your support!!! http://www.maniac.de/content/umfrage-bundesspielewahl-2013-116-finale-match-7-chrono-trigger-vs-shenmue
lg Sakaro

Sakaro has received a thanks from: Giorgio
Sakaro
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby BlueMue » Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:26 pm

Shenmue is currently in the lead with 64%.
It's not too surprising if you consider the facts. Chrono Trigger was never released in Europe on the SNES, only later on the GBA so it didn't get the hype like in the states.

I hope Shenmue can maintain the lead and win this round. If it does the next round should be no problem considering what it defeated previously. But then it has to face off against Ocarina of Time and that is going to be seriously tough, almost impossible. I don't know who supports Shenmue in this poll but maybe it can pull it off.
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:10 pm

Shenmue's only in the lead with 58%, although that's an improvement on the even narrower margin it had last time I checked. This one's a nail biter compared to previous rounds.
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby mue 26 » Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:56 pm

How do I vote?
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Giorgio » Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:59 pm

mue 26 wrote: How do I vote?

Visit this page http://www.maniac.de/content/umfrage-bu ... vs-shenmue
and
scroll down until you see two radio buttons; one for Chrono Trigger, and, one for Shenmue (the second). Click on ... what else, Shenmue! and then click on the button which says "Abstimmen!"

Giorgio has received a thanks from: mue 26
Giorgio
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza series

Postby mue 26 » Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:04 pm

Thanks! I think I've now voted, I may have even voted twice accidentally, not sure. I Love Chrono Trigger but we can't see Shenmue go out to it.
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Supa » Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:38 am

Link won't work for me. Is the round over?
Supa
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby JohnBlack » Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:08 am

Supa wrote: Link won't work for me. Is the round over?

Yes. You can check the current state of tournament on this page http://www.maniac.de/content/bilder-bundesspielewahl-2013-wahlplan

Now the things is going to be very serious, because in next round Shenmue will face Resident evil or Maniac Mansion. But next it will be Red Dead or Legend of Zelda, so this is will be very hard for sure.
JohnBlack
Master of the Three Blades

Postby Tomai » Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:21 am

Nice!
Next one will be Resident Evil Remake (GameCube). Trouly a tough opponent but i think Shenmue is able to win this one to.
Tomai
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

XBL: N385386
Currently playing: Xenoblade Chronicles

Postby JohnBlack » Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:42 am

To be true, this is very weird poll. Look Resident Evil beated Shadow of the Colossus, Ima huge fan of RE but SOTC is just masterpiece.
JohnBlack

Next

Return to Shenmue