SHENMUE 3 NEEDS ITS FANS RIGHT NOW!! (OUR LAST CHANCE)

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

SHENMUE 3 NEEDS ITS FANS RIGHT NOW!! (OUR LAST CHANCE)

Postby ShenSun » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:36 pm

Hey guys,

so ive been browsing the net lately and came across this message on Giocorsi's twitter account

Gio Corsi ‏@giocorsi
So many great, amazing & hilarious asks! Monumental response so far and one week left to get your opinion in! DO IT! #BuildingTheList

If there was ever a time to get Shenmue recognized by a massive company who are willing to invest, this is it. In case your wondering, giocorsi is director of Sony's third party support studio. They are taking requests from fans on what games everyone would like to see make its way to the PS3 /PSV/Ps4

I suggest the following to help make Shenmue HD and 3 a reality

1) Tweet @giocorsi and say you want Shenmue. Or leave a comment on the official blog post

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/08/30/more-great-games-coming-to-playstation-via-third-party-production-team/comment-page-69/#comment-898366

2) The Team yu guys should promote this via all their outlets everyday until giocorsi stops taking requests. Encourage tweeting as much as you can.

3) Youtubers Adam Koralik and Ziming should make videos to encourage all their followers to recommend Shenmue to giocorsi....................(an actual video, not a comment that subscribers may or may not see)

4) Anyone who has a Neo gaf account needs to make a thread about voting for Shenmue, much like the final fantasy type 0 thread here http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=679333

5)Inform the Shenmue master guys and get their followers to do the same. Also update the dojo front page with this news.

6) Message other popular youtubers who are die hard Shenmue fans and ask for their help.

7) Post on any relevant message boards about Shenmue (ign, gamefaqs, etc)

Unfortunately, the dojo is not overflowing with all the Shenmue fans that are scattered across the globe. I think we need to reunite now more so then ever to help Shenmue make a comeback. Its not every day an opportunity like this arises.

THIS MAY BE OUR ONLY CHANCE. WE MUST STRIKE NOWWWWWW!!!!!

:twisted:

Thanks guys.

p.s please keep this thread separate from the other one. I feel this topic needs to stand out as much as possible. Thanks.

ShenSun has received 3 thanks from: Giorgio, Let's Get Sweaty, The_Intruder
ShenSun
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Favorite title: Shenmue

Re: SHENMUE 3 NEEDS ITS FANS RIGHT NOW!! (OUR LAST CHANCE)

Postby ShenSun » Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:24 am

2 days have passed and there are no signs of the fanbase coming together and pushing this rare opportunity.

Slightly worried.

Hopefully the remaining 5 days shows a massive turn around.
ShenSun
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:20 pm

I don't know where you're looking, but the fanbase has been pushing this opportunity for weeks. Team Yu and Shenmue500K promote it constantly, and the Dojo hasn't been radio silent on the matter either. I agree that more could be done by some, but that's always the case.

Here are all the Shenmue tweets to Gio, if you haven't seen this page.

The main problem limiting the response is the eternally juvenile tribalism amongst gamers who refuse to encourage an exclusivity deal on a console they don't own or otherwise wish to buy. "Waah, don't make it for PS4, I'm buying an Xbox One," "Noooo, make it for Wii U, not PS4," "Don't make it exclusive, let everyone play," failing to see the wood for the trees. Trying to tell these people that a version for their preferred console is not waiting in the wings to be spoiled by Sony's greed is like talking to a wall. Sometimes I feel like the biggest thing standing between Shenmue and its fans are Shenmue fans themselves - a portion of them at least.

Let's Get Sweaty has received 3 thanks from: Giorgio, Henry Spencer, mue 26
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Postby Giorgio » Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:03 pm

Let's Get Sweaty wrote:[...]
Sometimes I feel like the biggest thing standing between Shenmue and its fans are Shenmue fans themselves - a portion of them at least.

This is SO true. Personally, while being on the social media day by day (especially on Twitter) and communicating/interacting with various Shenmue fans, the hardest times I had in argumentation was with them, laboring to remove all their mental bottlenecks concerning those things you mentioned (and similar others alike)...
Giorgio
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Currently playing: Yakuza series

Postby south carmain » Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:43 pm

this is still going? after seeing the posts directed at those who didn't tweet I thought the opportunity had passed. I'll be sending a tweet tomorrow then.

south carmain has received a thanks from: Giorgio
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby ShenSun » Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:28 am

@lets get sweaty

Make no mistake, I personally see Team Yu and Shenmue500k as the soul of the Shenmue fanbase. This thread was aimed at everyone who seeks a conclusion to the series or an HD upgrade to the original two titles.

It amazes me that Yakuza 5 has more requests than Shenmue. Henceforth, i believe everyone needs to chip in to make sure Shenmue is the number 1 title on gio corsi's list.

Unfortunately, what you said about Shenmue console fanboys is spot on. I think its safe to say that most of us will take Shenmue on whatever console at this point.

I guess my main two gripes about the entire thing was that this rare opportunity has not been promoted properly by all of our community, hence "south carmain" believing the event was over. Secondly, there are Shenmue fans in a better position than others to promote this occasion, such as the Shenmue master , owners of the dojo, youtubers, gafers etc. However, none of them seem to be doing so to the same degree as Team Yu, Shenmue 500k and anyone else who have been actively pursuing this chance. Ironically, they all want Shenmue HD and Shenmue 3?

I don't mean to come off as a complete ass. But i think if all our resources were completely used to their full potential, we would blow away any game on Gio's list, much like how Ryo did in that sonic racing poll.

Let us continue the good fight

ShenSun has received 2 thanks from: Giorgio, Let's Get Sweaty
ShenSun
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby ShenSun » Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:31 pm

Only a few days left peeps. Continuing tweeting and leaving comments on the playstation blog
ShenSun
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Giorgio » Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:39 pm

uchihamadarav wrote: Only a few days left peeps. Continuing tweeting and leaving comments on the playstation blog

Tweet from Gio Corsi:
"OK, we're putting a cork in this bottle. Thx for the mountain of submissions! Now let's see what we can do! #PlayStation #BuildingTheList" (https://twitter.com/giocorsi/status/381148745166901249)

Though, he did not say anything on the PlayStation blog, therefore it seems that you can still left a comment there, so keep going!

Therefore, keep requesting here: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/08/ ... tion-team/
Giorgio
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Currently playing: Yakuza series

Postby Chiba-Kun » Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:50 am

To be fair, the Yakuza series is much more easy to get into than Shenmue. Also, it is much cheaper for SEGA and pretty much a win in terms of profit, regardless of the quality.

I tried Shenmue recently and apart from nostalgia, it hasn't held up that well compared to games of today. It would need a complete overhaul to not be a flop. I would really like it, but I understand the reasons why it isn't a priority.
Chiba-Kun
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Return to Shenmue III