Is there something wrong with Ryo?

(Chapters 3-6)

Is there something wrong with Ryo?

Postby mike177 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:01 pm

phpBB [video]

As you can see in the video, leaving Hong Kong is way more important than spending some time with Izumi... at her place.
mike177
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Re: Is there something wrong with Ryo?

Postby Radar » Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:47 pm

Yeah! And what more important, they can practice martial arts all night!
Radar
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby BlueMue » Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:58 pm

Oh, another one of these...

I don't know why people always expect Ryo to hit on every chick that there is. Yeah it's actually the chicks that do the move but seriously, does he have to take all the offers? I find Ryo to be a much more likeable and "realistic" character then the stereotypical macho hero you get in every second game.

Ryo's father died and he has left his home for a foreign country at still pretty young age. He's distant and distrustful for a reason. Also, he might just still have his heart settled down for Nozomi, despite not showing it and keeps somewhat of an honor when it comes to girls. Then you could even consider his bad memories with girls. I sadly don't know where this came from but supposedly the fight with "that boy you fought with" was because of Ryo showing interest in a girl and the other boy mocking him for that. That could've affected his behavior early on.

BlueMue has received 2 thanks from: Let's Get Sweaty, nskachu
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Crimson Ryan » Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:37 pm

I see myself in Ryo. Stiff, awkward bastard..

Crimson Ryan has received a thanks from: Nahovil
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby MiTT3NZ » Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:03 pm

There was a scene in the first game with Nozomi where he hinted that, had his father not just been murdered in front of his eyes, he may well have ended up with her, but at that moment in time, he's too cut up and disjointed to even consider it. Anyone who feels that they've found "the one" or whatever could relate to him rejecting any advancements from others, coz even though it isn't cheating, it feels like it.

And @SpinDash: It's part of "Young Ryo's" bio.

MiTT3NZ has received a thanks from: BlueMue
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby ys » Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:50 pm

Yeah, I have always seen it that way too : he's so absorbed in that murder, revenge and might feel that it would be wrong towards Nozomi. Some people also mentioned his general focus and dedication in the game.
And we have enough macho guys/ladies men in games. It's ok to have a different character like this once in a while.
ys
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby nskachu » Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:44 pm

SpinDash wrote: Oh, another one of these...

I don't know why people always expect Ryo to hit on every chick that there is. Yeah it's actually the chicks that do the move but seriously, does he have to take all the offers? I find Ryo to be a much more likeable and "realistic" character then the stereotypical macho hero you get in every second game.

Ryo's father died and he has left his home for a foreign country at still pretty young age. He's distant and distrustful for a reason. Also, he might just still have his heart settled down for Nozomi, despite not showing it and keeps somewhat of an honor when it comes to girls. Then you could even consider his bad memories with girls. I sadly don't know where this came from but supposedly the fight with "that boy you fought with" was because of Ryo showing interest in a girl and the other boy mocking him for that. That could've affected his behavior early on.

Thank you, thank you!! That was finally the verbal roundhouse kick that those guys needed who always annoy with their "Ryo is gay" parades.
nskachu
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Currently playing: with feelings

Postby wude » Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:48 pm

^ looking for sailors doesn't count ?
wude
٩(⁎❛ᴗ❛⁎)۶
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: m.a.m.e

Postby BlueMue » Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:08 am

Well, that's just what Ryo was told to look for. If Liu-san told him to look for members of the Yakuza, he would've done that. If Liu-san told him to look out for scantily clad women offering certain services, he would've done that too. \:D/

BlueMue has received 2 thanks from: Giorgio, wude
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby cApNhOwDy » Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:56 pm

Izumi wrote:Please give me some of your time...

Guys, I don't think she meant that she wanted some of his time.

I think she means she wants some of his dick

Fun fact, when I was in middle school, my mom initially wouldn't let me import Shenmue II on Dreamcast because, in the UK, there are certain channels where people broadcast the news, in the nude. She was worried that there might be some risque material, JUST LIKE THIS SMUT, in Shenmue II, which is why it wasn't being released in the United States.

cApNhOwDy has received a thanks from: wude
cApNhOwDy
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby QWERTY » Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:35 am

cApNhOwDy wrote:
Izumi wrote:Please give me some of your time...

Guys, I don't think she meant that she wanted some of his time.

I think she means she wants some of his dick

Fun fact, when I was in middle school, my mom initially wouldn't let me import Shenmue II on Dreamcast because, in the UK, there are certain channels where people broadcast the news, in the nude. She was worried that there might be some risque material, JUST LIKE THIS SMUT, in Shenmue II, which is why it wasn't being released in the United States.

Your mother is a cretin.
QWERTY
Pee Eye Zee Zee Ay
Banned

Postby nskachu » Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:25 pm

guys seriously, shenmue is not a story of american lifestyle. its not a humans goal to get every chick in his youth and then fall into depression when u get too old and your sense in life is lost.
btw
Qwerty, your signature is too big and ugly. Your Profule pic is ok. You lookin fine. just change your signature, or else... your son.
nskachu
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Currently playing: with feelings

Postby killthesagabeforeitkillsu » Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:46 pm

Love it :rotflmao:
"Ya bitch, didn't I just told yo ass I'm leaving?!"
killthesagabeforeitkillsu
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss