Shenmue featured on UK Metro site

(Latest news & updates on the series)

Moderator: News Poster/Veteran Contributor

Shenmue featured on UK Metro site

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:13 am

This week the website for the UK's Metro newspaper invited emails from gamers about HD remakes they'd like to see. Shenmue got a mention in today's first batch of selected responses (last letter on this page), and whether it makes another appearance in the second batch tomorrow remains to be seen. But one particularly detailed response has been used as a Reader's Feature, with very positive comments from other readers underneath. Take a look.

Let's Get Sweaty has received 7 thanks from: Axm, BlueMue, Giorgio, mue 26, ShenmueTree, wude, Ziming
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Re: Shenmue featured on UK Metro site

Postby BlueMue » Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:57 am

Nice to see Shenmue featured. Yeah, it's the same stuff all over again but it always makes me a little happy, to see Shenmue getting mentioned.
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:11 am

A couple more Shenmue emails are published in today's second part of the Hot Topic:

http://metro.co.uk/2013/10/20/weekend-h ... e-4152173/

I think Giorgio's soapboxing gave them the heebie jeebies. :lol: Suffice to say I disagree with their reply, which they've made no attempt to justify compared to the reasoning provided by Giorgio.

Let's Get Sweaty has received a thanks from: Giorgio
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Stocke » Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:20 pm

http://metro.co.uk/2013/12/01/the-case- ... e-4208016/

Another Metro artical about Shenmue on the front page of the entertainment section.
Either there's more of a call for Shenmue III than i realised or there's quite a devoted Shenmue fan running the video game section of that website.

Either way it's nice to see
Stocke
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:53 pm

The GameCentral crew don't seem to be particular fans of Shenmue (check out their reply to Giorgio's email above). But the links in this thread are both Reader's Features, which are guest articles submitted by the great unwashed. After the extra traffic they received for the first one (take a look at those sharing figures) I'm not surprised they were keen to publish another. They've learned what many other gaming sites already knew: Shenmue = über click bait.
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby mue 26 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:10 pm

Yeah the editors are definitely not fans as far as I can see. The most flagrant example of this was when LGS tried to submit a Readers Feature about the campiagn during the first year of it, and instead they published one entitled "why fan campaigns don't work" or something very similar, which was pretty much the ultimate par to us. Thankfully the readers seem to be more sympathetic towards our cause and they even have a twitter account that regularly partakes in the tweetathon don't they?
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:37 pm

Yeah, @gamecentralfans participates. Thanks for reminding me about that killer burn, I'd just about gotten over it. But I'm assuming they just didn't like the tone I'd taken with the article, as when I later offered to write one about my personal experiences organizing the campaign they said they would publish it. Not sure I'll ever get around to doing that now, as the timing's never been right so far and, well, they'd run the risk of annoying some of their readers if they ran a third feature on Shenmue any time soon.
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Return to News and Updates