Sony Is Trying To Bring Shenmue To Playstation

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Sony Is Trying To Bring Shenmue To Playstation

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:33 am

If, as he says, the poll was started on the day they went to press, then eight hours would be about right. That's just shorter than a standard working day.
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Postby south carmain » Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:40 am

Let's Get Sweaty wrote: If, as he says, the poll was started on the day they went to press, then eight hours would be about right. That's just shorter than a standard working day.

It's kind of hard to believe though, I mean who makes a poll and writes a whole article only hours before printing? Not to mention making a poll while most of your readers are at work/education and ending it before most would have finished is pretty dumb too.

Then again I guess I'm not an expert on magazine editing but it still sounds fishy
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Radar » Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:48 am

Print on November 21 to sell it on December 20? I don't get it..
Radar
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby south carmain » Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:51 am

Radar wrote: Print on November 21 to sell it on December 20? I don't get it..

I guess they do have to supply newsagents across the whole of the UK (and maybe overseas territories) which would require a fair few copies being made and printing companies have more than one client especially the big ones capable of doing such a task so waiting times can be quite long as a result.
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Axm » Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:30 pm

ShenmueTree wrote:Should this update be news? It seems like a pretty significant burn on Sony's part and should be discussed and viewed more readily.

Lets not confuse Sony with OPM UK.. They are basically paid fanboy writers.
The only thing we lost here is extra publicity. Which is still a big deal for us cause we are so desperate, but we shouldnt loose sleep over this. It was a decision they obviously made to apease the 99% of the readership and get in bed abit with Rockstar.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby BlueMue » Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:55 pm

Well like I made Ryo express earlier, this is mighty disappointing. It's a missed chance of more publicitiy and it just feels like Shenmue fans got cheated. You can actually say that it goes beyond feeling, becasue it actually is the truth.

The numbers just don't match and if you read the article then Shenmue is not only never mentioned, they also say that Timesplitters was a close second and they can't talk themselves out of that anymore.
But sometimes that's just the way it goes... Oh what's that they all vote for? Shenmue? Nah we can't list that, I've never played that and I won't because it never was on a PlayStation. So it doesn't count anyway!

BlueMue has received 2 thanks from: DreamcastPast, Yokosuka Martian
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Previous

Return to Shenmue III