December 3rd Shenmue Day

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

December 3rd Shenmue Day

Postby ShenSun » Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:08 pm

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!! POST DECEMBER 3RD

Thank you to everyone who took part in today's event.

December 3rd 2013 is proof that when Shenmue fans stick together, their a force to be reckoned with. Hopefully, we can maintain this pressure in the coming months, and get Sony to take notice of the passion that the Shenmue fanbase has.

As a result of everyone's effort, I would like to offer each and every one of you a special gift that I've had lying around for a while. More on this in the coming weeks,

Special thanks to Adam Koralik and TeamYu. These guys really went the extra mile for us.

Well done everyone.

SHENMUEEEEEEEEE!!!!! :D

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

Hey guys,

As most of you already no, Team Yu will be performing their regular Shenmue event on the 3rd of December. Usually, we leave them to spread the word on their own. However, due to recent amount of attention Shenmue has got from Sony, and the media in general, I, along with some others, feel that this day should be heavily promoted, in order to maintain the pressure that we currently have.

Check out the following link

https://www.facebook.com/OfficialPlayStationMagazine/posts/601862933184677

That's Sony's current poll of what fans would like to see come to the Playstation platform. As you can tell, it's 90%+ dominated by Shenmue. This is thanks to Team Yu, the Shenmue Facebook pages, and Adam Koralik.

Sony's Adam Boyes has also stated that Shenmue is one of the most request games on their third party production list.

Although this is a small victory, it would be nice to have this same sort of pressure placed on Sony and Sega's twitter account. Naturally, Sega will probably ignore it. Sony on the other hand. have a tendency to respond to their fans.

If we keep pushing Sony, i'm certain we will see something happen with Shenmue. I have spoken to Adam Koralik very briefly, and he is on board to promote the Shenmue day on the 3rd of December. If he puts out the video from the 1st of December or before, it will attract a lot more individuals over the following days, compared to if he uploaded on the day of the event.

I would like Team Yu to discuss what they require from us to make this a success. I personally think that all necessary tweets should be sent out to @SEGA, @yosp, @amboyes, @playstation, and @giocorsi. I think everyone can agree that #GiveYuTheShenmueLicence is probably the most appropriate hashtag to use, given the amount of support it has racked up over the past year. However, just so Sony get the point, I think everyone should leave a "Shenmue 3 or Shenmue HD to playstation" message in their tweet.

I think that the easiest way to pull this off is if the thunderclap method is promoted heavily via Adam's video, Team Yu etc. By doing it this way, everyone can leave the message many days in advance and not worry about tweeting on the 3rd.

In addition, does anyone on this board have a Neogaf account? I ask because there are multiple threads on that forum with similar protest events. This includes Yakuza and Final Fantasy Type 0. To no surprise, these were the other two games high on Sony's list.

Unfortunately, Shenmue doesn't have it's own dedicated protest thread on gaf. If it did, you can be sure that it would attract at least another 10,000 + potential supporters.

All in all i suggest the following

1) Adam Koralik promote the event with the Twitter accounts i mentioned above, and heavily encourage others to use the Thunderclap method so that viewers send their message there and then.

2) Someone with a Neogaf account make a thread with all the information of this post and whatever i missed out on.

3) If Adam decides to make a video, upload it on to Zimings channel. like i said in another topic, there a 5000+ potential supporters on that channel that can help us.

4) Team Yu etc, keep us up to date on everything, and whatever you need, DEMAND IT FROM US.

5) Message other youtubers about the event. Happyconsolegamer, alphaomegasin, scottishducktales etc

Any other thoughts?
Last edited by ShenSun on Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ShenSun has received 3 thanks from: Giorgio, Let's Get Sweaty, nskachu
ShenSun
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Favorite title: Shenmue

Re: December 3rd Shenmue Day

Postby AdamKoralik » Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:25 pm

I'm on board. I'll make one for my channel.

As it stands, in a different Shenmue video, I'll be promoting it again. However I will do a dedicated video on the 1st or second.

Are you asking me to do two videos? One for my channel and a different one for the Dojo's channel?

AdamKoralik has received 3 thanks from: Giorgio, lavrentis, nskachu
AdamKoralik
Master of the Three Blades

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby ShenSun » Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:42 pm

I would probably say make one video to promote the event, and then upload it to your channel. Would it then be ok if you send that same video to Ziming to upload on to the Shenmuedojo channel?

The pair of you have about 17,000 subscribers combined, so it would be nice to get this video out to as many people as possible.

I may be wrong, but i believe that the key here is to promote that Thunderclap method. That way, once people watch your video, they will most likely go straight to the thunder clap link and leave a message right away. (rather than them mentally saying they will do it on December 3rd and then forget.)

Promote both methods regardless.

I think Team yu has to adjust the Thunderclap link to include the additional twitter accounts, but i could be wrong.

Thanks again for all the help Adam.
ShenSun
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:05 am

Now this is the kind of thread I like to wake up to. :)

I'll be posting more about this on Facebook.com/TeamYu at the weekend, but with Tuesday being the final Tweetathon to use the #GiveYuTheShenmueLicense hashtag before we adopt a simpler and more versatile one, I think it's important to use this opportunity to ensure Sony understands Yu's position on making Shenmue III. In the Kotaku interview Adam Boyes mentioned one of the challenges they face with some of the requested games is the matter of "is the creator still there?" We can't allow them to see Yu's departure from Sega as an obstacle, when we know how much he wants to make this game. On December 3rd the hashtag's last hurrah must be used to keep Suzuki's name relevant in the minds of Sony when considering the future of the Shenmue franchise, erasing any fears they may have that the series died when he left Sega. If they held back on pursuing this over such a misunderstanding, that would be awful.

Unfortunately Twitter's anti-spam rules prevent the default message on Thunderclap from including any @usernames, but supporters can customize the message to include as many as they want. The best ones to use are those mentioned in the first post, as well as @playstation. I wouldn't bother with @sony because that deals with far more than the gaming division and so tweets they receive about a 14-year-old videogame would not be treated with any great significance.

That's about all I can think of to say at the moment, other than to suggest TeamYu.net/Dec3rd as a friendlier URL to promote than the lengthy and unmemorable Thunderclap original, with the added bonus that curious people will reverse engineer the link to find out more about the campaign at TeamYu.net - which will be updated with new campaign details after this event.

If anyone has any specific questions then please do fire away, there could be plenty I haven't covered here.

Let's Get Sweaty has received a thanks from: Giorgio
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Postby Ziming » Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:10 am

uchihamadarav wrote: I would probably say make one video to promote the event, and then upload it to your channel. Would it then be ok if you send that same video to Ziming to upload on to the Shenmuedojo channel?

I don't need to upload any videos Adam records, simply share it.

Ziming has received a thanks from: ShenSun
Ziming
Banned
Banned

Postby AdamKoralik » Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:33 pm

I can make one video for my channel, and a separate one for the Dojo channel if you like.

I don't want to upload the same video twice.

As one, I'd have to address the Dojo audience differently than mine.

Second, I don't want to risk one of us getting a copyright strike for having duplicate videos.
AdamKoralik

Postby ShenSun » Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:45 pm

Ziming wrote:
uchihamadarav wrote: I would probably say make one video to promote the event, and then upload it to your channel. Would it then be ok if you send that same video to Ziming to upload on to the Shenmuedojo channel?

I don't need to upload any videos Adam records, simply share it.

Awesome. Thanks Ziming.
ShenSun
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby AdamKoralik » Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:51 pm

I shot it today. I'll post it on the 1st or 2nd.

AdamKoralik has received 2 thanks from: Giorgio, ShenSun
AdamKoralik

Postby ShenSun » Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:05 pm

Ok, so we're all in agreement that the following twitter accounts should be our target on the 3rd; @yosp, @amboyes, @giocorsi, @playstation.

Supporters can leave their message on the day of the event via the above twitter accounts , or by visiting TeamYu.net/Dec3rd

If anyone forgets, then please encourage them to still leave a message even if the event has passed.

Adam will make 2 videos, one addressing the general public, and maybe one for the dojo.

NEXT!!!!

1) Who has a Neogaf account? If we can get someone to post on that forum, we will have a major MAJOR advantage.

2) Message all shenmue facebook pages. Check out how many supporters this page has.
https://www.facebook.com/ShenmueFans

We NEED them on board.

3) Can we get the Shenmue master guys involved? Ziming, Yama or anyone else, do you have a way of directly contacting them?

Let me no if i missed anything out.

ShenSun has received 3 thanks from: FlagshipFighter, Giorgio, Let's Get Sweaty
ShenSun
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby ShenSun » Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:19 pm

Thanks Adam.

Be sure to leave the twitter account links, the thunderclap link, and any other relevant link in the description.

If possible, post the video on the 1st. That way we can spread it around to multiple sites etc.

Awesome work dude.

UPDATE

This may be asking a bit to much, but is there any chance you could upload the video to your gamesocietypimps channel?. I no this is asking alot as it co-owned by you and your friends, but i thought id just throw it out there for the sake of it.
ShenSun
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby mue 26 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:29 pm

Good shit my dudes. Good shit. I'm proud.

Also, has anyone managed to make a neo gaf thread yet? It is the biggest gaming forum going after all.
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby ShenSun » Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:00 pm

Adam, upload the video
ShenSun
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Rakim » Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:25 pm

mue 26 wrote: Good shit my dudes. Good shit. I'm proud.

Also, has anyone managed to make a neo gaf thread yet? It is the biggest gaming forum going after all.

I tried to, but I got banned for calling someone a faggot before I could put my account to any use for the cause. :lol:

Rakim has received a thanks from: Raithos
Rakim
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby ShenSun » Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:39 pm

haha, damn
ShenSun
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Giorgio » Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:53 pm

mue 26 wrote:Also, has anyone managed to make a neo gaf thread yet? It is the biggest gaming forum going after all.

I have registered for an account, with that purpose in mind.
"Thank you for registering, <username>. Your account has been submitted for moderation by an administrator and will be activated shortly. You will be notified by email when this happens."

Giorgio has received 2 thanks from: Let's Get Sweaty, mue 26
Giorgio
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Currently playing: Yakuza series

Next

Return to Shenmue III