#SaveShenmue

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

#SaveShenmue

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:01 am

We figured it was best to start a new thread that dealt with current campaign details, rather than expecting newcomers to wade through pages of outdated information in the original Team Yu topic.

From March 2012 to December 2013, with the help of several fan groups like Shenmue 500K, Shenmue UK, Shenmue Master, and of course Shenmue Dojo, we have been co-ordinating a monthly Shenmue Tweetathon every 3rd of the month, using the hashtag #GiveYuTheShenmueLicense. This has been supported by the likes of Sumo Digital's Steve Lycett, Prince of Persia creator Jordan Mechner, gamesTM magazine, 1UP.com, Sega Nerds, comedians Imran Yusuf and Matt Walker, French musician Kavinsky, former Puddle of Mudd guitarist Paul Phillips, Virtua Fighter composer Takayuki Nakamura, and the voice of Ryo Hazuki himself, Corey Marshall.

On January 3rd 2014, the Tweetathon undergoes a New Years evolution, expanding onto Facebook and Tumblr along with Twitter, using the new hashtag #SaveShenmue.

The aim is to keep exploiting the public platform of social media to raise awareness of gamers' discontent with Sega, and their refusal to fund a revival of this unfinished series and provide their customers with the closure we've been awaiting for over a decade. At the same time we aim to appeal to console manufacturers like Sony, who recently expressed an interest in pursuing Shenmue as one of its most highly requested titles for the Playstation 4, asking them to step in and help drag Sega kicking and screaming into the realms of customer satisfaction.

To help make Yu Suzuki's unshakable goal of Shenmue III a reality, we ask all gamers to follow the three simple steps at TeamYu.net/SaveShenmue every month, maintaining the pressure on all concerned. Please spread the word and be heard on the 3rd - Team Yu needs YOU to #SaveShenmue!

Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Re: #SaveShenmue

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:10 am

Further to recent reports by SEGA Nerds, The Gaming Ground and Segalization, here's a new article by Alt:Mag promoting the campaign.

On Thunderclap we're currently around half-way to the previous event's social reach, with just under two weeks remaining. That's 163,968 people guaranteed to receive a #SaveShenmue message in their news feeds from someone they're following/subscribed to. If we were to cut off sign-ups right now, the real figure would still be much higher than that, once retweeting/sharing and non-Thunderclap posting is taken into account.

But of course we want to reach as many people as we possibly can, so please keep sharing the link TeamYu.net/SaveShenmue to introduce more gamers to the campaign. At this time of year, Shenmue creeps into the minds of many fans and now they can do something to help make it more than just a memory.

Let's Get Sweaty has received a thanks from: Giorgio
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby The_Intruder » Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:33 pm

They need to make this game already I'm tired of all this waiting. This is like the most requested game ever and SEGA won't do anything about it.
The_Intruder
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: Jann-Lee1999
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Zelda:Breath of the wild

Postby Giorgio » Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:06 pm

I believe the #SaveShenmue campaign should have its own dedicated board in Shenmue Dojo forums, where all people should be directed to for discussions and further organizing.

For such an important campaign as #SaveShenmue is, it make only sense to have its own dedicated board here, even more so when Shenmue Dojo is by far the most well know largest Shenmue forum on the Internet, with the most traffic.

Furthermore, forums are even more open and versatile for people to open threads and thus discuss and engage. People who want to support the cause/campaign, should be gathered *all* in *one* place, in other words *under one flag*. Surely, other methods are not to be dismissed and they proving really useful additionally, but what is explained here is something that the campaign is missing about and can benefit from.

Epilogically, about the Thunderclap tool (which is being used for the Shenmue Tweetathons), it offers an embeddable widget...
Code: Select all
<iframe frameborder='0' height='540px' src='http://TeamYu.net/SaveShenmue/?embed' width='250px'></iframe>
...which could be put in a nice and appropriate obvious place, in the front page of Shenmue Dojo.
May not just that widget, but a permanent mention of TeamYu's site and about the reason of its existence.

In any case, in some way #SaveShenmue campaign must be benefited from Shenmue Dojo's popularness and high (for a Shenmue forum) traffic.
Giorgio
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza series

Postby BlueMue » Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:12 pm

I've shared the link on the SpinDash forums and supported the campaign on Facebook. Not much but I was getting sick of not participating in these all the time... The thing is, those social networks really aren't my thing. Never really got into them.

BlueMue has received 2 thanks from: Giorgio, Let's Get Sweaty
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby *Kenshin Himura* » Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:00 am

This is refreshing news for myself to hear, since being away from the dojo so long... I think this is the big one guys. I'm going to go ahead and say I am predicting a Shenmue announcement 2014 whether it is Shenmue III or HD remake of 1&2. No matter how far Sega tries to push it out of "their agenda" Shenmue keeps coming back like a boomerang.
*Kenshin Himura*
飛天御剣
"After Burner...Great!"

Currently playing: Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:48 am

Happening right now, and all day today, on Twitter, Facebook and Tumblr. http://TeamYu.net/SaveShenmue

Let's Get Sweaty has received 3 thanks from: BlueMue, Giorgio, RIKENZ
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby ShenmueTree » Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:29 am

Don't be a fool, #SaveShenmue
ShenmueTree
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby BlueMue » Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:18 pm

I participated through Facebook and told some friends directly to support it aswell. Feels good to finally be a part of it this month! Hopefully we'll top the results of December and get close to a social reach of at least 400.000! :D

BlueMue has received 2 thanks from: Giorgio, Let's Get Sweaty
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby ShenSun » Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:09 pm

ShenSun
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:46 am

A great effort yesterday, the transition to #SaveShenmue seems to have gone far smoother than I'd anticipated. You can now pre-load your messages for February 3rd on the new Thunderclap page.

Let's Get Sweaty has received 2 thanks from: BlueMue, Giorgio
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby BlueMue » Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:11 am

Nice new image, like always! Can you post the results of yesterday's effort?
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:28 pm

Image by Ricardo, who I believe posts here as xhizors92 - take a bow, Ricardo! =D>

And now here are the results from yesterday. :nice!:

Let's Get Sweaty has received 3 thanks from: BlueMue, Giorgio, mue 26
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby mue 26 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:48 pm

Good stuff! The movement continues at full speed, like an unstoppable train heading straight to Shenmue 3 :)
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby lavrentis » Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:17 am

#resurrectShenmue
lavrentis
Shenmue - THE best game
Alpha Trading Boss

Next

Return to Shenmue III