BlueMue Shenmue videos

(Modding and other series related projects)

Re: Special Shenmue videos

Postby Yokosuka » Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:23 pm

Exact, the first 60 fps youtube videos have been uploaded since yesterday
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zPm3SSj6W8&t=9

Inconvenient : apparently you have to use Chrome to see it for the moment.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby BlueMue » Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:24 pm

After using Nvidias Dynamic Super Resolution for screenshots, I've decided to show it in motion aswell.
This is the Prologue running at 2160p and recorded at 1440p, the maximum that's currenty possible with software.

I really want to upload the intro in super high quality aswell. But I haven't decided yet if I'll just record it straight at 1440p or at 2103x1183 and cut the frame down in order to have 1080p widescreen with less visible clipping glitches.

EDIT: Watch it in 2160p instead!

phpBB [video]
Last edited by BlueMue on Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BlueMue has received a thanks from: Axm
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Giorgio » Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:16 pm

BlueMue, what about a video of all the Fortune-tellings and Clues of Natsumi Sakuragi?
Giorgio
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza series

Postby BlueMue » Wed Nov 12, 2014 2:42 pm

That's a very good idea, Giorgio! I'll definately make a video about that some day.

By the way, I just got my capture card and I'm testing it out right now.
If it's working good you can expect Shenmue IIx stuff soon.

EDIT:
I took a quick recording from Shenmue II straight from the VGA box into the VGA port of the caputre card.
I'd say that it looks pretty good for absolutely unaltered video straight from the Dreamcast. My Kuro VGA box is still on it's way and I hope that it will perform even better then the cheap clear plastic one I have right now.

The card is generally very nice as it doesn't have any input lag and I'm able to play directly on the PC in full resolution. Another awesome thing is that I can record the shown footage with Fraps and give HDCP the middle finger! The video quality could be a little bit better as there is some visible color compression in the reds but that's to be expected for any affordable capture device. Overall I'm really pleased. Being able to record from HDMI, VGA and Component without having to mess around with converters is awesome!
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Re: BlueMue's Shenmue videos

Postby BlueMue » Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:05 pm

Okay so I renamed the topic again, just in case anyone is wondering. New video is yet another case of Ryo beeing a completely useless fool.

phpBB [video]

BlueMue has received a thanks from: Giorgio
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby BlueMue » Sat Nov 15, 2014 2:15 pm

You know how you can ask the people in town about Xiuying when you have to go to the Da Yuan Appartments?
Well here you have a collection of NPC responses, nearly 80 in total. This was recorded from an NTSC Xbox via component in 480p and it's actually my first English Shenmue II video.

phpBB [video]

BlueMue has received 2 thanks from: Giorgio, johnvivant
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby johnvivant » Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:06 pm

how about finally getting on video the ''I love you' scene from the fortune teller at the beginning of the game. I'm pretty sure it is still now where to found online.

edit; oh and getting all her remarks throughout the game about the other woman in ryo's life would also be nice.
johnvivant
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby BlueMue » Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:36 pm

Good idea! That's something to dig into. I remember putting together the audio files but I never heard it in game.
First I'm gonna finish up something special for my 50th video. Here's a little preview ;-)

BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Giorgio » Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:14 pm

What a wonderful video! For a wonderful (fictional) person as Xiuying is... She's popular (twenty minutes of talk for her!). Everybody sees the outside, that she's beautiful, but a few can talk about her inside, that is a person of virtue. A lot of interesting and/or comical conversations!

I also learned a new Chinese saying by that video: "A huge mountain is difficult to measure".
Last edited by Giorgio on Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Giorgio has received a thanks from: BlueMue
Giorgio
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby BlueMue » Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:35 pm

I can finally present the video where the fortune teller falls in love with Ryo. In both English and Japanese right away!

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

This took longer then I thought. These special readings are completely random and I struggled to get the last one. After dozends of tries I loaded up a save file in Kowloon just to see what happens and I immediately got the missing one. Same thing on the Xbox. I just played until I was able to visit her in Kowloon and got it first try.
So I guess she only tells you this one in Kowloon.

BlueMue has received 3 thanks from: Esppiral, Giorgio, johnvivant
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Giorgio » Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:49 pm

Great videos! Her responses were hilarious. Especially about the "red hair" and the "blue dress". And calling Fangmei a "misery"!?
Giorgio
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Fenix » Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:21 am

BlueMue wrote: I can finally present the video where the fortune teller falls in love with Ryo. In both English and Japanese right away!

This took longer then I thought. These special readings are completely random and I struggled to get the last one. After dozends of tries I loaded up a save file in Kowloon just to see what happens and I immediately got the missing one. Same thing on the Xbox. I just played until I was able to visit her in Kowloon and got it first try.
So I guess she only tells you this one in Kowloon.

I think this girl was the one who said that thing about friend becoming an enemy.
Fenix
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Currently playing: 3D Studio Max

Postby BlueMue » Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:42 pm

I can capture footage from my PC in 4K resolution now, thanks to my new graphics card and I didn't hesitate to use it for some Shenmue action. So here's the Prologue again, this time at the full 2160p resolution.

phpBB [video]

Fenix, I guess I had that reading aswell. She told me that I will meet a new friend but also a new enemy.
This was around the time I had to do the chawan sign. I guess she means Ren and Yuan, or possibly even Dou Niu.
Could this be what you've got and you just remembered it wrong? I can dig through the subtitles to look for it.
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Fenix » Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:50 pm

I supose I'm remembering it wrong. More than one year has passed.
Fenix
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Currently playing: 3D Studio Max

Postby BlueMue » Sat Nov 29, 2014 2:01 pm

phpBB [video]

This is something I stumbled upon weeks ago while playing through the Xbox version of Shenmue II with my buddy.
We had a really good laugh and forgott to actually capture it somehow. I also though I'd be able to replicate it.
Since I'm so busy with talking to Fangmei right now, I finally tried it and succeded. That means this glitch isn't random and can be done by anybody. I haven't tried it on the Dreamcast yet. Maybe someone can quickly do this?

Use the "map glitch" to pass the loading barrier in the White Dynasty Qr. and walk into the preloaded part of the Lucky Charm Qr. Fangmei will walk through there on her way from Man Mo Bistro to Complete Clothier round about 1:20 p.m. around the time you'll have to do the chawan sign. Don't forget to talk to Eileen so she and Fangmei hang out at the bistro for sure.

I guess the game has problems loading Fangmei's animations because you're talking to her while technically still being in the White Dynasty Qr, an area that she isn't supposed to be in. Those weird jumps are the dummy motion wich the game will load to prevent total crashes.

BlueMue has received a thanks from: Fenix
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

PreviousNext

Return to Community Projects