Beat Shenmue

(Chapter 1 | General Series Discussion)

Beat Shenmue

Postby RicoDredd » Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:25 am

So yeah, I played Shenmue 1, played the storyline where the protagonist knock off of Ryu in Streetfighter went all "you killed my father! and stole me MacGuffin...I meant grass-green mirror!" and went off after the Ching Chong crime lord.

I'll admit it, I played through the entire game, beat it, forklifts and all. Clunky gameplay, thank GOD this episode is over. Didn't get Mr. Ching Chong Crimelord in the end. Cool. There's a sequel.

Boot up the sequel, WOW! What a world of difference. Much tighter controls, better..just better everything.

RicoDredd has received a thanks from: FlagshipFighter
RicoDredd
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue-kogami's version

Re: Beat Shenmue

Postby BlueMue » Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:47 am

RicoDredd wrote: Boot up the sequel, WOW! What a world of difference. Much tighter controls, better..just better everything.

Yup. Shenmue II has much more improvements under the hood then one might think. You have to play them back to back to fully notice the changes in the controls, camera, capsule toy machine animation and so on.

Also the much more vibrant colors and massively improved sky dome with tons of awesome textures and clouds instead of that flat pixelated panel in the background. People rarely mention it but to me this is the greatest graphical advancement from Shenmue I.

You can't read about it and look at pictures to get an impression. These things only give you that powerful impression when you play the game.

Hope you'll enjoy it more then you did the first one. ;-)

BlueMue has received a thanks from: FlagshipFighter
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Return to Shenmue