It could actually be going down bro
flip
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Shenmue

Re: Suzuki hinting at shenmue at gamelab with a "3" oh my go

Postby Stocke » Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:36 am

I've never heard of Gamelab, is it a big deal?

I've got a feeling this has just been put up to cause a bit of a stir or something.
Stocke
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby shenhua legend » Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:38 am

Gamelab is the most important developer conference in Spain but I promise you that is not the place to announce anything.

That image without context means nothing to me.
shenhua legend
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Postby flip » Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:42 am

Yu confirmed for mega troll. Why the fuck would he do this to us?

"With the right enviroment, I would be delighted to make Shenmue III, this is a little joke I made last night"

http://zonaforo.meristation.com/yu-suzu ... 32314.html
flip
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Stocke » Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:43 am

https://twitter.com/giargiagames/status ... 8697294848

Just by looking at the twitter replies, it's proven its just a joke. Ah well.
Stocke
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Giorgio » Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:44 am

Most of you'll think Yu Suzuki with that slide trolls ("It's a little joke I did last night," he warned). But deep down is a call to the industry: "PUBLISHERS ARE YOU LISTENING?" ‪#‎SaveShenmue‬

Giorgio has received 2 thanks from: flip, nskachu
Giorgio
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Currently playing: Yakuza series

Postby flip » Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:49 am

Giorgio wrote: Most of you'll think Yu Suzuki with that slide trolls ("It's a little joke I did last night," he warned). But deep down is a call to the industry: "PUBLISHERS ARE YOU LISTENING?" ‪#‎SaveShenmue‬

Funny thing is that he was eating dinner the other day with broshida from Sony. Broshida must know there's a demand for it, couple that with boyes comments from awhile ago and him just last week saying "Rome wasn't built in a day" when asked about shenmue. What's really going on here? It seems rather cruel for yu to do this to his fans without knowing that it's in the works
flip
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Giorgio » Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:54 am

flip wrote:It seems rather cruel for yu to do this to his fans without knowing that it's in the works

I see this from the positive side, without emotions. For Yu, at Gamelab, with that panel, it was a nice chance to create a stir again about Shenmue III, and as a try to got the attention of the gaming industry and of the publishers.

Now, a lot of sites reporting this, and keeps Shenmue in the minds of people. Few days left for the Tweetathon of Jul 3rd, until fans we'll try to do the same thing; to create a buzz around Shenmue.

I think it was a clever way from him to keep the word spreading about Yu's will to complete the Shenmue saga.
Giorgio
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby flip » Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:18 am

Giorgio wrote:
flip wrote:It seems rather cruel for yu to do this to his fans without knowing that it's in the works

I see this from the positive side, without emotions. For Yu, at Gamelab, with that panel, it was a nice chance to create a stir again about Shenmue III, and as a try to got the attention of the gaming industry and of the publishers.

Now, a lot of sites reporting this, and keeps Shenmue in the minds of people. Few days left for the Tweetathon of Jul 3rd, until fans we'll try to do the same thing; to create a buzz around Shenmue.

I think it was a clever way from him to keep the word spreading about Yu's will to complete the Shenmue saga.

I understand what you're trying to say but how many times is this going to happen? From the kikizo article, all of the tweets and teases from Sony,ms,and sega exec, yu' giving everybody blue balls at the postmortem (which was still a nice gesture to the fans, and countless other times where we got our hopes up. This has been going on for what? 12-13 years? I'm just frustrated as well as many others, with that said I'm tweeting my ass off come July 3rd
flip
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Giorgio » Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:26 am

Personally I'm not frustrated. Yu is not in a better position than us when it comes to Shenmue. He needs a publisher. He tries to appeal to one as a creator. We fans try to appeal to one as a fan base. I think it's time to lower our expectations and hopes and emotions.

I completely agree with the following:
"Even if there is only a slight outside chance of an ending, it’s worth fighting for." - http://roblmor.wordpress.com/2014/06/24 ... dreamcast/
Giorgio
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby BlueMue » Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:41 am

It's kinda mean to do this but I know Yu was only shooting towards publishers with it. I can take it light-hearted.
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby elfshadowreaper » Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:49 am

I feel like there's been some interesting press opportunities in the past few months with Yu Suzuki speaking at game conventions but I don't see him anywhere on the online video game news websites. That's what frustrating. I can't speak to previous years but I feel like he's getting out there a lot more lately. And that would be great to drive attention toward Shenmue either in hopes of production or to get the name out there knowing it is in development.

Either way the photo of him eating dinner with Sony execs was very encouraging. Because you know the game came up in conversation. And I'm glad he still wants to make the game. I could see where some people would be burned out trying to get it made for this long and would just move on to other things.
elfshadowreaper
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Giorgio » Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:07 pm

http://www.gamereactor.es/noticias/1009 ... nmue+3%22/

Very interesting article about the recent visit of Yu Suzuki at Gamelab. Here's a rough (machine) translation:

«Yu Suzuki: "I'm ready for Shenmue 3"
The Japanese Gamereactor confesses to no longer intends to make 11 chapters, which would focus the IA and researching crowdfunding. A post dedicated to Spanish fans.

The creative darling Yu Suzuki Sega got their Legend Award last night under Gamelab 2014 with a friendly "thanks a lot". As it has been going since 1999, every player who was on the Japanese this week in Barcelona was saying the same thing:

"I would say that all people that I have come across, all have asked me about Shenmue 3 ! "

This morning, during our interview with the designer and producer in his session at the event, we also wanted to focus on the most sought-game and each time seems closer. What does it take to make Shenmue 3 happen? That Suzuki-san replied:

"I Shenmue -makes-the first chapter fourteen, so much time has passed. But people still remembering and asking for Shenmue 3 , so it's very, very nice to me. therefore, circumstances and fit the opportunity, it is clear that I am ready to create. "

So many years later, there are new technologies, machines and game development possibilities. To Shenmue 3 there is something more important than the visual spectacle, as the honoree has discovered the camera GRTV:

"Well, the graphics and sound are advanced, but especially the ability of the CPU is something that has seen a lot of progress, so I think it is now in progress main point, how we can introduce the IA [Artificial Intelligence ] to the playability of the game [ Shenmue 3 ] can improve. "

[Yu Suzuki Gamereactor attending this morning GameLab.]

That a technical level, but what about the crucial aspect of the story and narrative in Shenmue 3 ?

"I made ​​up Shenmue 1 and Shenmue 2 , but I'm prepared to [Shenmue] 11, Chapter 11. If you want to continue the game, I take a long time, because I got nine chapters. So I think I'll have to change that construction composing chapters, dividing many in two or three parts. " [At its subsequent meeting said that the series would end in Shenmue 4]

As Suzuki and Inafune have shared this week space Gamelab 2014 and the second has succeeded on Kickstarter, we asked to Shenmue whether of Mighty No. 9 has given some advice about it, because Yu Suzuki contemplates Kickstarter for Shenmue 3 . And so it has been:

"You may opt for the 'crowdfunding', but now we are in a research phase.'ve Had the chance to dine with Inafune-san and yes we were talking about it."

Finally, the legend Yu Suzuki has had a few words for the fans, especially for the Spaniards who have stopped in Barcelona:

"I would say this: Thank you for the great support Shenmue The reaction from Japan and Europe, especially Spain-it's a little different here I can feel that they appreciate it, so I would like to repeat again:. Thank you "

More about Virtua Games signed the Japanese and the golden years of Sega and recreation, soon Gamereactor cover, with full video interview to Suzuki-san.»
Giorgio
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Next

Return to Shenmue III