david deville Interview with Yu suzuki

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Shenmue 3 rumor with david deville

Postby Totti » Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:11 pm

So shenmue 3 is not coming soon and we get fooled for the 100 million time thank u I don't want to see ur interview and shenmue 3 picture bye
Totti
Banned
Banned

Re: Shenmue 3 rumor with david deville

Postby Peter » Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:39 pm

Yea bye. Think its became apparent that this chap isn't necessarily legit.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Re: david deville Interview with Yu suzuki

Postby AhmedHazuki » Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:35 am

Yeah changed the title after some clarification.
AhmedHazuki
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Steam: ahmedhazuki
Currently playing: Infamous,Darksiders.

Postby C.. » Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:29 am

So what is this guy supposedly bringing to the table. He has info about the leaders and has artwork of the game?
Last edited by C.. on Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
C..
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby KX-5 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:08 am

Damn. I didn't think we would have anything at TGS regarding Shenmue. Does anyone even know why on earth Suzuki was even AT TGS this year? I imagine some other people in the press would have noticed him running around and would have tried snagged a quick interview or something. I still can't wait to hear what has to be said though. And I'm not sure how to get a hold of David, BUT THANK YOU FOR ALL THE HARD WORK BROTHER! I'm sorry some people don't know how to read other posts...because Ziming of all people on the forums wouldn't fuck with our heads like that >.>
KX-5
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

PSN: Shadow_Exodus
Currently playing: L.A. Noire

Postby DEVILLE_David » Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:58 am

I will try to make it clear.

I live in Japan but my wife and i decided to go back to France on october 1st. We are doing all the cleaning, i also had many other things to do and i am still busy.

At first, i wanted to meet up and set up an interview with Suzuki san and just ask some questions. Nothing special really. It just turned to something unexpected and he indeed showed me the last 2 boss (north and west one), the real face of Baihu so i know who is behind the mask and at the end of the interview, he showed me Tentei 天帝.

I also got to learn some things related to the story which i have promised to not reveal so i wont unless he sends me another mail saying i am allowed to.

As for why he told me all of this, he said : 大サービス, which literally means huge service, or giving me something precious. For the 2 remaining boss, he said : これは誰も見せてない。 which you could translate to : i have never shared this before or no one ever saw this. I highly doubt he lied to me, i am sure that what i have seen is 100% legit.

So yeah you can imagine that i was not allowed to take pictures or record any video. My audio files are on my comp and the interview will be in a text form. I was hoping to record everything as a video with my camera but that was impossible since shenmue 3 contents (not in game stuff, just old artworks) were shared.

I am unknown so i can understand people having doubts but i will make you you believe what i am writing. I will try to post something before going to bed.

DEVILLE_David has received 2 thanks from: KX-5, Yokosuka
DEVILLE_David
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: RavanaEX
Currently playing: God of War

Postby mue 26 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:29 pm

But did you ask him about #SaveShenmue and what we can do though?

mue 26 has received a thanks from: Giorgio
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby DEVILLE_David » Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:43 pm

I dont really had enough time to do so, even had to skip some questions etc. So i did not, sorry.

Now, to whoever did not believe me :

phpBB [video]

If you still do not believe me after that, nothing much i can do, sorry guys.

I will work on a text form first. If i ever find the time i'll try to do an audio one, but not sure.

Its late in Japan, gotta get some sleep. See you soon !
DEVILLE_David
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: RavanaEX
Currently playing: God of War

Postby _StreetSonic_ » Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:03 pm

Did you ask him if there is never(or at least after a certain time such as when he is very old) a Shenmue game that continues the story will he at least release the rest of the story in another form such as an outline or something? Has this already been answered before?
_StreetSonic_
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby elfshadowreaper » Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:43 pm

So you're sworn to secrecy. I get that. But you've also seen tentei. That's huge! Will you be able to describe him? And Baihu.. You've seen his face? Suzuki must be going to release an art book or something. I'm super psyched. I totally believe you but I have a hard time accepting that someone finally knows some good info but can't tell us. Man it sounds like you've walked where angels trod and brought some holy information.
elfshadowreaper
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby BlueMue » Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:04 pm

I find it really unfair that one single fan now knows about stuff we've all been longing for since ages.
I hope that you'll be able to share this stuff with the fanbase soon, David. Or that Yu himself is planing to show it around, like I suspected earlier.
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Giorgio » Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:29 pm

For me it's neutral. I care for these bits of information only when I'll play the third sequel. It seems certainly they would provide food for theories, but theories doesn't lead us closer to Shenmue III (we have them for a decade now). And the game is what Yu Suzuki cares for the most.

Yu is trying to complete his lifetime achievement. I do not want to get my sequel through spoilers before the third game hasn't even started. Therefore, the most significant question would be what can we the fans do for him, to help him get his Shenmue conclusion.

The positive thing about this interview is hearing Yu talking about, that is how passionate he is and nostalgic he feels about Shenmue and its story. But if we don't care the most how to help him, then it's a waste of time. At least just one question should have been about that... Yu is a lovely and generous man, let's have in mind how to help him and his goals.

With all that said, I'm not ruling out David's efforts and the costs he went into to make this interview. It's nice to hear Yu taking about it (as said), but in all honesty a golden opportunity has been wasted. Next time anyone who will have the rare chance to talk with Yu, should concentrate on the real issues (at least try to bring them to the surface). But how many opportunities there will be yet... And how many will take advantage of these opportunities, as it is needed for the current times we are in about Shenmue...
Giorgio
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Currently playing: Yakuza series

Postby elfshadowreaper » Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:38 pm

BlueMue wrote: I find it really unfair that one single fan now knows about stuff we've all been longing for since ages.
I hope that you'll be able to share this stuff with the fanbase soon, David. Or that Yu himself is planing to show it around, like I suspected earlier.

That's kinda what I feel. I'm happy for this guy but for Suzuki to show him something the fans have yet to see and not allow him to show it is unfair to the community.
elfshadowreaper
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Lan Di-sama » Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:44 pm

Y'all are a bunch of crybabies. This guy got graced with some special information that he is trying to share with us and you're spouting accusations or whining about it. Despicable...

I for one can't wait to hear what David might have for us.
Lan Di-sama
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby C.. » Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:20 pm

I appreciate what you are trying to do achieve David. We have been through this a lot of times.

But my question is why? Would Yu Suzuki who has said NOTHING, for years leak info about characters, to you, compared to the hundreds of other people he has met and worked with, and why are you the first person to leak this? Did he say you could?
C..
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III