Shenmue on Co-Optitude

(Chapter 1 | General Series Discussion)

Shenmue on Co-Optitude

Postby BigTuna » Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:26 pm

I don't know if any of you watch Co-Optitude. But I've been begging for them to do Shenmue for months, probably a year by now. But they finally did it and it's hilarious.

Co-Optitude stars Felicia Day(Dr. Horrible, Dollhouse, Buffy, The Guild..) and her brother Ryon. Together they play retro games for the very first time. It's totally funny and I couldn't recommend the show enough. Especially this episode.

phpBB [video]

BigTuna has received 3 thanks from: _StreetSonic_, nskachu, shengoro86
BigTuna
Master of the Three Blades

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Breath Of The Wild

Re: Shenmue on Co-Optitude

Postby Esppiral » Wed Oct 08, 2014 5:14 pm

I like their reaction when Ryo "drop" Ine-san xD :rotflmao:

Esppiral has received a thanks from: BigTuna
Esppiral
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: Esppiral
XBL: Esppiral
Steam: Esppiral
Currently playing: The Witcher 2

Postby Axm » Sat Oct 11, 2014 6:02 pm

Ughh that commentary was such typical cringe worthy old hat. These people have the attention span of a 6 year old.

Axm has received a thanks from: Flatlandaniel
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby BigTuna » Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:57 pm

Axm wrote: Ughh that commentary was such typical cringe worthy old hat. These people have the attention span of a 6 year old.

Eh. You either get it or you don't.

The point of the show is to throw these newcomers(being Felicia and Ryon) into games they didn't get to play as children. Growing up they weren't allowed to play console games at all. I've been a fan of the show since the very very beginning(The Flog days!), so I've grown accustomed to their ignorance and total clueless nature. I fell in love with it right off the bat though. It does seem like they feel the need to be funny at all times nowadays, but that's kind of expected when a show like this goes on for over a year. I still love it and find them hilarious.
Like I said. I've been begging for them to do Shenmue for a long time now and I'm just very glad that they finally did it.

It's good exposure for a game like Shenmue as well. In the comments section you'll notice a few people that have either never heard of Shenmue and now want to play it. Or people that used to love Shenmue and want to experience it again. Fuckin' badass. I'm hoping they do a Part 2 since they barely got the full experience of the game.
BigTuna

Postby Axm » Sun Oct 12, 2014 12:35 am

It doesnt give the game good exposure if all their doing is shitting on it 100% of the time giving it zero credit for what it does right.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Calshot » Sun Oct 12, 2014 3:55 am

Any press is good press but...

BigTuna wrote:Co-Optitude stars Felicia Day. It's totally funny.

:| You're not serious are you?
Calshot
Volare!
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: SoLongAgo
Steam: Vodkakui

Postby Axm » Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:39 am

How is making fun of this game going to generate good press? I'm sorry to be a downer on anyone who likes these people but perpetuating the the same shitty jokes that originate from people who only ever played the first 15 minutes of the game are not going to help us get out of the niche hell hole Shenmue has been stuck in.

Im so tired of shit like this. All everyone ever associates Shenmue with is Sailors and feeding cats. Thats like 1% of the game but for some reason many of the ADHD who make throw back reviews, impressions, lets plays, rankings etc they all focus on just the BS 1% and sometimes I think it has tarnished the Shenmue name so badly to the point where I think Sega thinks everyone see's Shenmue as a joke.
/rant

Axm has received 2 thanks from: BlueMue, Calshot
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby BlueMue » Sun Oct 12, 2014 12:04 pm

Good thing AXM tore it down like he did. Now I don't have to waste my time watching the video as I'd only get annoyed by hearing the old cliche jokes from yet another source.
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby BigTuna » Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:19 pm

Whatever. It's easy to shit all over something without even taking the time to watch it or understand it. It's not like they were bashing the fan base or anything. Like we've seen so many other channels do. Next time I'll just keep this kinda stuff to myself. It's all serious business around these parts it seems.

To each his own, I suppose.
BigTuna

Postby Axm » Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:32 am

It wouldnt seem like such serious business if it wasnt for the fact this kind of thing has been done a million times already for the past decade. I watched it all and its just so played out I had to bitch about it finally after enduring years of this stuff. And at such a critical time for the series this kind of video just doesnt help.

Wanna talk about not giving something a fair shake? These people decided to read a wiki on this game and not even finish reading what they were reading. Then when it comes to playing the game, fail to recognize anything of merit before deciding to turn the game off when presented the first real challenge.
Awesome. Get back to playing the instant gratification games that are recycled every year. The rest of us will continue to play games that are different.
Call me a stuck up fanboy perhaps but atleast I should deserve to be after dealing with the mainstream press coverage of this series for over a decade.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby BigTuna » Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:49 am

I see your point. But that is kind of the whole gist of this show. They blindly go into these games. They don't seriously try. They're amateurs at best. Which is all half the fun of it. But also can be kind of frustrating, I guess. I find it entertaining, not everyone will.
Especially when it comes to a game like Shenmue as I am now seeing. It is an extremely iconic game and some of the jokes are the same recycled jokes that we repeatedly hear. They don't know any of that, so I'm cool with it. I've been watching this show for years and I'm used to their shtick. It's a show that's specifically made for comedy purposes. That's it, man. It's not meant to cause an uproar or tarnish a games reputation. It's just for entertainment.
It would have been nice if they actually tried and got further into the game, I totally agree. Cos they barely got started and didn't even realize how interactive the environment was or how revolutionary Shenmue is. They barely scratched the surface. It's all new to them though.

If they were pissing on the game or the fan base. Then I wouldn't have even bothered. I figure its enjoyable for a good laugh.
BigTuna

Postby _StreetSonic_ » Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:04 pm

I wish they covered some of the fights.
_StreetSonic_
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby shengoro86 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:20 am

lol what is funny is that at PAX, she told me she played Shenmue before.
shengoro86
Admin - Shenmue500K
Shenmue 500K Staff

PSN: Shengoro86
XBL: Rock Is Sponge
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Shenmue III (PC)

Postby BigTuna » Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:17 pm

shengoro86 wrote: lol what is funny is that at PAX, she told me she played Shenmue before.

Haha Really? She may have been referring to this episode. I am pretty sure they film way ahead of time. Or she straight-up lied to you, man.
BigTuna

Return to Shenmue