Amazon rant that vaguely has to do with Smash bros Wii U

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Amazon rant that vaguely has to do with Smash bros Wii U

Postby Chaikilla » Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:27 pm

Has anyone else, in their pursuit of buying the the game+adapter combo, been totally screwed over by Amazon? All I want to do is play the game with my gamecube controller and give vistors the option of using their own pads rather than being stuck with a wiimote or some third party crap that guarantees them an excuse if they lose :mrgreen:

I preordered the bundle on Amazon for a pretty good price (£40.98) after applying a £10 promo code that they gave me and Amazon told me it would arrive for the release date (28th November) so I'm like "alright, great!" and I think nothing more of it. I even got a prime trial to order the damn thing just to make sure my order got priority so I wasn't too worried about it not coming even though I did hear of some hiccups with US Amazon customers' orders.

Fast forward to about 3am on the day of release and I've woken up because I need to use the bathroom. I'm up so I decide to check the status of my order and it now says "Delivery estimate: 19th December" I'm rubbing my eyes like [-X totally pissed that they've left me in the lurch like this. If they told me two or three days before the release date that they couldn't fulfill the order I might have at least been able to salvage this by getting it from another retailer but to tell me this shit on the release date (which was black Friday btw u_u) I was kind of screwed.

Immediately, I try to deal with the third world robots from the Amazon customer service team and I realise at this time of day, it's pointless. The people I spoke to had a limited grasp of the language and took an average of 6 minutes to respond to each of my remarks in the chat. By respond I mean copy and pasting generic Amazon jargon about terms and conditions. I took a deep breath, karate chopped the laptop off and went back to bed, vowing to try later on in the day when it was more likely that I'd get a customer service rep for whom English was their native language.

Fast forward to 5PM of the same day and I'm in luck! Finally someone who speaks English, finally somebody who can sympathize with my problem! This guy was great, he worked out a solution that was very fair. He told me to cancel the order for the bundle and to order the game and adapter seperately. The game would arrive the following day, whereas the adapter would arrive when it came in stock. Oh and did I mention that the game was given to me at a discount price (£25.20) and the adapter was given to me for free as a result of the inconvenience caused. Suddenly, I started to find faith in Amazon again, that was until they cancelled my adapter order due to Nintendo no longer supplying them. To add insult to injury, they gave me a £3 promo code to "make up for this". So, they effectively took an item back that they offered me as compensation (valued at £34.99 at the time it was given to me, worth MUCH more now) and replaced it with a £3 promo code.

The only adapters floating around now are on Ebay and they're going for a minimum £60 (about 100 bucks). I contacted head office and the guy addressing my problem said "I can assure you, you haven't been charged for your purchase" no shit. Thanks for not charging me for a free item. I guess you're off the hook now, Amazon.

My apologies for the long ass post, even if you guys didn't read it, I enjoyed venting. FUCK AMAZON!
Chaikilla
Master of the Three Blades

Re: Smash bros Wii U

Postby south carmain » Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:04 am

Yeah i had an issue with amazon customer service. When ordering somethi g there was a bug and it was sent to the wrong address. When contacting customer service looking for a solution after 30 minutes the guy finally accepted to contact the courier to tell them not to deliver the item and then told me they accepted and it wasnt delivered and that they will refund me my purchase. Sounds great, right? Well actually the guy basically lied to me and the item was delivered after all and i didnt get any refund at all. Worst part is that after he assured me that the item wont be delivered i ordered it to the right address so ended up with 2 of the same item and i only found out about the other one being delivered after the return period had ended meaning I now have 2 of the same rather expensive item of which one i have no access to because its on the other side of the country.
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Re: Smash bros Wii U

Postby Chaikilla » Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:16 am

south carmain wrote: Yeah i had an issue with amazon customer service. When ordering somethi g there was a bug and it was sent to the wrong address. When contacting customer service looking for a solution after 30 minutes the guy finally accepted to contact the courier to tell them not to deliver the item and then told me they accepted and it wasnt delivered and that they will refund me my purchase. Sounds great, right? Well actually the guy basically lied to me and the item was delivered after all and i didnt get any refund at all. Worst part is that after he assured me that the item wont be delivered i ordered it to the right address so ended up with 2 of the same item and i only found out about the other one being delivered after the return period had ended meaning I now have 2 of the same rather expensive item of which one i have no access to because its on the other side of the country.

Damn, that sucks. It's enfuriating how they make mistake after mistake with orders and still they refuse to accept responsibility.

If you haven't already, try to contact head office and make some threats.
Chaikilla

Re: Amazon rant that vaguely has to do with Smash bros Wii U

Postby Sonikku » Fri Dec 12, 2014 6:37 pm

Some egg on Nintendo's face too for not meeting demand with all the adapters and stuff. You would think when they're as desperate as they are that they'd would be utterly committed to nailing something as big as the potentially biggest release of their system (SSBM was the #1 seller on Gamecube) without a hitch. I remember the same thing happened when the Wii shipped and they made the component cables for it only in extremely limited quantities, leaving the hardcore early adopters left with playing in 480i on their hdtv's for a year or fork over $200+ for the proprietary jack cable on ebay.
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Kenny » Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:04 pm

I never had a problem with Amazon.

Maybe because i'm a Prime customer I get preferential treatment?
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby Oppy » Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:06 pm

Wont be long till there are more adapters availible and the price of those on ebay come down.
http://attackofthefanboy.com/news/wii-u-gamecube-adapter-back-stock-gamestop-next-week/

Oppy has received a thanks from: Chaikilla
Oppy
Aussie cunt
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: with your mums titties

Postby Chaikilla » Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:32 am

Oppy wrote: Wont be long till there are more adapters availible and the price of those on ebay come down.
http://attackofthefanboy.com/news/wii-u-gamecube-adapter-back-stock-gamestop-next-week/

Sweet, I'll keep an eye out for it this week. Play Asia will apparently have some stock this week too, so if anyone's in my position as well it might be worth keeping your eyes peeled for that.

I had to laugh at this http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listin ... be+adapter

Some third party adapter selling for a over 1k lmao.
Chaikilla

Return to General Gaming