Fortune teller: "A friend will betray you"

(Chapters 3-6)

Fortune teller: "A friend will betray you"

Postby Chaikilla » Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:52 am

I heard that one of the fortune tellers in Shenmue 2 says that someone close to Ryo will betray him but I haven't witnessed it myself.

Does anyone have a clip of this happening? I'm really interested to know how to trigger this dialogue as well.
Chaikilla
Master of the Three Blades

Re: Fortune teller: "A friend will betray you"

Postby BlueMue » Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:29 pm

Where did you here that from? Fenix wrote about it here in the forums some time ago.
I came across a reading that "You will make a new friend but also a new enemy" and that was causing some confusion if she really said anything about a betrayal. I guess it's time to dig through her voice file...

BlueMue has received a thanks from: Chaikilla
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Chaikilla » Sat Jan 17, 2015 4:32 pm

BlueMue wrote: Where did you here that from? Fenix wrote about it here in the forums some time ago.
I came across a reading that "You will make a new friend but also a new enemy" and that was causing some confusion if she really said anything about a betrayal. I guess it's time to dig through her voice file...

I was just paraphrasing something I remember reading on here a while back and I was curious, sorry if this causes/has caused any confusion.

The part of your quote that I've highlighted is something that sounds very familiar to me and I feel like I've heard that in the game myself. I'm starting to think that this is actually what the person in question heard and he rephrased it in a way that made it have a different meaning.

O:
Chaikilla

Postby BlueMue » Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:14 pm

Okay, so I dug through the file and here is what she actually says about friends and enemies:
There will be a person who will be of much help. And a person who will become your enemy. Both will affect your future greatly.

I looked at all of her subtitles and there really isn't anything about betrayal in there.
You can check the exported XML file yourself (She is MM5_). http://www.filedropper.com/0120
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Chaikilla » Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:08 pm

BlueMue wrote: Okay, so I dug through the file and here is what she actually says about friends and enemies:
There will be a person who will be of much help. And a person who will become your enemy. Both will affect your future greatly.

I looked at all of her subtitles and there really isn't anything about betrayal in there.
You can check the exported XML file yourself (She is MM5_). http://www.filedropper.com/0120

Thanks for clearing that up. :mrgreen:
Chaikilla

Postby Fenix » Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:10 am

How anoying! I really need to check this again.
Fenix
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Currently playing: 3D Studio Max

Postby Ninja Trigger » Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:09 pm

I have never once talked to any of the fortune tellers in the game since they are completely optional. So on my next play though I will really need to check it out :)

BlueMue wrote: Okay, so I dug through the file and here is what she actually says about friends and enemies:

This is an interesting quote by the fortune teller but maybe it was meant to be a hint as to something that would happen in the 3rd game, conspiracy time "what if Joy has been working for Lan Di all along!"
Ninja Trigger
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Currently playing: Shenmue II

Postby teddykrueger » Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:48 am

"what if Joy has been working for Lan Di all along!"

Then her name should be changed to Joyless.
teddykrueger
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby BlueMue » Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:28 am

She's most definately referring to Kowloon and means Ren and Dou Niu.
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby drunkensailor » Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:23 am

Ninja Trigger wrote: I have never once talked to any of the fortune tellers in the game since they are completely optional. So on my next play though I will really need to check it out :)

This is an interesting quote by the fortune teller but maybe it was meant to be a hint as to something that would happen in the 3rd game, conspiracy time "what if Joy has been working for Lan Di all along!"

same for me until my girlfriend played it and talked to them/ when arriving in shenmue 2 she talked to the first fortuneteller and she told ryo he would lose all his money so she started buying a lot of things from the start until she got robbed.
drunkensailor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: gjb1985

Return to Shenmue II