Seeing the S1 cast again?

(Chapter 1 | General Series Discussion)

Seeing the S1 cast again?

Postby Jesse » Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:50 pm

Hey everyone i was thinking: any chance we see the Chapter 1 cast again or all the majority of them one offs and for the most part their stories are closed? I know Gui Zhang is a no brainer. Tom is a no go with him being back stateside. during the Nozomi picture scene she says something to the effect of she'll come back during break. She'll be disappointed when she returns and Ryo is still in China lol.

Granted i know this is pure speculation on our part but I thought it would be interesting to discuss.
Jesse
Master of the Three Blades

PSN: Jrockstr

Re: Seeing the S1 cast again?

Postby itsthinking95 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:02 pm

It'd be hilarious if Goro somehow ended up in China and met up with Ryo. He's married though, so he probably won't leave Japan.
itsthinking95
Asia Travel Representative

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Shadow of The Colossus

Postby Jesse » Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:18 pm

Haha it would be funny and bizarre if Goro showed up from out of nowhere while Ryo was surrounded by Chi You men and was like what's grooving bro? I remember back in the old forums a couple people theorized that during s3 he would get both mirrors. He would then get word that his family was in trouble and return home to find his house on fire and what not. Always thought that was a intriguing theory.
Jesse

Postby shengoro86 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:22 pm

Nozomi will be back.
shengoro86
Admin - Shenmue500K
Shenmue 500K Staff

PSN: Shengoro86
XBL: Rock Is Sponge
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Shenmue III (PC)

Postby Supa » Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:00 am

AM2 did say they had no plans at the time to bring back Guizhang.
Supa
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby Jesse » Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:40 pm

Supa wrote: AM2 did say they had no plans at the time to bring back Guizhang.

Wow i don't remember that at all. Was it before Shenmue 2 was released? There are those conversations with Joy in s2.

Side note 1 I believe as well that Nozomi will be back seeing as how she's such a central figure of chapter 1. I'm interested in how Ryo ends up coming back home and who or what he brings back with him. Also how the inevitable reunion with friends and family occurs.

Side note 2 i do remember something about Suzuki considering ending S3 in NYC cause he liked it so much. Also that would be a way to meet Tom again was there any truth to that?
Jesse

Postby itsthinking95 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 3:57 pm

I don't know that I can see the story going stateside. The story of Shenmue is very closely tied to Asia in terms of it's mythology so I don't know that they'll leave Asia. There was a Shenmue 3 parody by Mega64 with Yu Suzuki where Ryo went to New York though.
phpBB [video]

I don't know that Nozomi will come back until Ryo returns to Japan, which I get the feeling won't happen until the end of the story. Even if she were to somehow go to China I don't think Ryo would want her to because she would be putting herself in danger again. Gui Zhang on the other hand... I wasn't aware that AM2 said he wouldn't be returning. If that is the case then i'm a little disappointed because it would be awesome to fight alongside both him and Ren in a huge battle.
itsthinking95

Currently playing: Shadow of The Colossus

Postby Jesse » Wed Mar 18, 2015 4:44 pm

itsthinking95 wrote: I don't know that I can see the story going stateside. The story of Shenmue is very closely tied to Asia in terms of it's mythology so I don't know that they'll leave Asia. There was a Shenmue 3 parody by Mega64 with Yu Suzuki where Ryo went to New York though.
phpBB [video]

I don't know that Nozomi will come back until Ryo returns to Japan, which I get the feeling won't happen until the end of the story. Even if she were to somehow go to China I don't think Ryo would want her to because she would be putting herself in danger again. Gui Zhang on the other hand... I wasn't aware that AM2 said he wouldn't be returning. If that is the case then i'm a little disappointed because it would be awesome to fight alongside both him and Ren in a huge battle.

That's what I must've been thinking of in regards to nyc though I could've sworn a forum member posted a old interview back in the spy forum days. Oh well must be going delusional lol.

The saga could end in China after the dust settles if the gdc art is any indication but i doubt that'll happen plus i cant see Ryo staying with Shenhua in China forever. I could see him bringing her back to see what it's like outside of the forest and to experience his culture and town etc.

I agree 100% Nozomi won't show up in China plus it wouldn't make sense all she knows is he's somewhere in HK. so she'll be lost. I'm really interested in how much time will have passed before he returns and the inevitable reunion between those two. Wondering if he'll still have feelings for her after all this time or will he have moved on by that time.

I can see joy coming to Japan with ryo to meet up with gui Zhang if Suzuki really doesn't include him in future chapters.
Jesse

Postby Supa » Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:28 pm

I believe Kiyuu brought us the news regarding Guizhang. Could be wrong.
Supa
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby Kiyuu » Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:09 am

Supa wrote: I believe Kiyuu brought us the news regarding Guizhang. Could be wrong.

I don't know anything about "the news." What I've said was somewhat opposite; Some of the Shenmue team said Guizhang most likely come back since he's been unexpectedly popular among Japanese Shenmue fans.

Kiyuu has received 2 thanks from: Henry Spencer, Supa
Kiyuu
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Supa » Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:49 am

Happy to be proven wrong, thank you!! That is good news. :)
Supa
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Return to Shenmue