Rigged 2D Characters for Your Projects

(Modding and other series related projects)

Rigged 2D Characters for Your Projects

Postby Upper Dave » Wed May 27, 2015 1:54 pm

I'm using Spriter Pro to create many (many!) rigged 2D Shenmue characters and animations for those characters. I figured I'd share every character as I go, because I know there might be a few people who want to use similar things in their projects, or perhaps simply play around with posing Shenmue characters.

I'm doing this for my own fangame called The Hazuki Legacy, so you can expect many more. So far the only character I've rigged with bones is Ryo Hazuki, and it's more of a test run than anything else (I'd like to do them in higher resolution and with smoother edges). He currently has only 2 animations, but I'll re-upload it each time I add an animation to his project file, or when I replace his body parts with higher res images.

Each of the following files are saved in .scml format, which is an extension used for Spriter Pro projets. If you don't have Spriter and you'd like me to export an animation to Unity or even a sprite sheet image, please let me know:

Ryo Hazuki
Current animations: walk, run.

Example gif2:
Image Image
Last edited by Upper Dave on Wed May 27, 2015 3:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Upper Dave has received a thanks from: Esppiral
Upper Dave
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

XBL: Darth Moncalf
Steam: Mooncalfian
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: DA: Inquisition

Re: Rigged 2D Characters for Your Projects

Postby Esppiral » Wed May 27, 2015 2:01 pm

Very cool. :D
Esppiral
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: Esppiral
XBL: Esppiral
Steam: Esppiral
Currently playing: The Witcher 2

Postby ShenmueTree » Sat May 30, 2015 12:13 pm

This is really nice. I actually was doing something like this as well, didn't use any specialized programs though. I didn't even think they existed.

I did an idle animation of Nozomi though, I think that I posted an example before? Can't be arsed to find it at the moment.
ShenmueTree
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby BayStone » Sat May 30, 2015 12:18 pm

That's very cool.

"Hazuki Legacy" also has a great premise to it, I think. Although, Fuku-san's personality may not be the easiest to work with... maybe, but it could definitely be done. Very interesting indeed.
BayStone
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Upper Dave » Sat May 30, 2015 11:03 pm

ShenmueTree wrote: This is really nice. I actually was doing something like this as well, didn't use any specialized programs though. I didn't even think they existed.

I have to work with a 2D animator for it, purely because there are just so many characters to rig up and animations to produce. Spriter Pro makes things so much faster. :D
Upper Dave
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

XBL: Darth Moncalf
Steam: Mooncalfian
Currently playing: DA: Inquisition

Return to Community Projects