Shenmue 3 Kickstarter announced at E3 2015!

(Latest news & updates on the series)

Moderator: News Poster/Veteran Contributor

Re: Shenmue E3 Discussion

Postby Outlawstar98 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:37 pm

1,000,000 $ PARTYYYYYYYYYY
Outlawstar98
Master of the Three Blades

XBL: outlawstar98
Steam: outlawstar98
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: EVERYTHING

Postby The You » Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:38 pm

Wow... unbelievable. It's fucking happening :shock:
The You
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Wanderin' » Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:39 pm

Thank you all! It's been a damn hard road we've all walked on, but Shenmue 3 is surely reality now, especially with more or less 1 million dollars in just under an hour or so since the kickstarter started. But, although it may seem like we can all finally sigh in relief now, the work has only just begun and our hardest work is only yet to come! But! This continued hard work will pay off - just some quick thoughts to whet your imaginations:

1) Like many suggest, 2 million dollars is hardly enough to make a top calibre game these days. So where is the rest of Shenmue 3's real budget coming from? Likely a combination of what Suzuki himself has been able to accrue from several years of hard effort in rallying for this project and hopefully, most likely, Sony.

But this Kickstarter is incredibly important!!! This Kickstarter, and however much real money we fans literally finally end up contributing to it *IS* the proof that there is an audience waiting and wanting desperately for the game, which all in good faith should prove to whomever else is thinking about working with and supporting Suzuki monetarily that their money and resources is going towards a legitimately genuine cause.

Once and for all, let's prove to Sega that there is a real fanbase for Shenmue willing to truly support the franchise with our own hard earned money. It won't mean much, but it sure as hell will bolster Suzuki's pride knowing that his fans are there to support him truthfully and earnestly even when his own damn parent company in Sega didn't for all these years.

2) Shenmue 1 and 2 HD isn't so out of the question just yet. Sony do seem like they want Suzuki and Shenmue 3 to succeed. If the Kickstarter is a great success and Yu and Co. (truly awesome how Yu was able to get most of the original staff back together like a band to do this, once and for all...) truly do start working heavily on completing the game, there's no reason why Sony wouldn't step up to the plate and do whatever they can to make Shenmue 1 and 2 HD releases as a primer leading up to Shenmue 3 a reality.

Like Suzuki said it - the fate of Shenmue is in our hands now...as it's always been. While other fanbases get spoonfed their wildest wishes (ie. SquareEnix probably has no financial worry about remaking FF7...), we will always have to work hard to get ours. So - not until the very day when Shenmue 3 is finally released will our real work let up.

Let's do this, my dear friends. Thanks.

Wanderin' has received 4 thanks from: Chocoburger, flip, Giorgio, Yokosuka
Wanderin'

Postby flip » Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:40 pm

Wanderin' wrote: Thank you all! It's been a damn hard road we've all walked on, but Shenmue 3 is surely reality now, especially with more or less 1 million dollars in just under an hour or so since the kickstarter started. But, although it may seem like we can all finally sigh in relief now, the work has only just begun and our hardest work is only yet to come! But! This continued hard work will pay off - just some quick thoughts to whet your imaginations:

1) Like many suggest, 2 million dollars is hardly enough to make a top calibre game these days. So where is the rest of Shenmue 3's real budget coming from? Likely a combination of what Suzuki himself has been able to accrue from several years of hard effort in rallying for this project and hopefully, most likely, Sony.

But this Kickstarter is incredibly important!!! This Kickstarter, and however much real money we fans literally finally end up contributing to it *IS* the proof that there is an audience waiting and wanting desperately for the game, which all in good faith should prove to whomever else is thinking about working with and supporting Suzuki monetarily that their money and resources is going towards a legitimately genuine cause.

Once and for all, let's prove to Sega that there is a real fanbase for Shenmue willing to truly support the franchise with our own hard earned money. It won't mean much, but it sure as hell will bolster Suzuki's pride knowing that his fans are there to support him truthfully and earnestly even when his own damn parent company in Sega didn't for all these years.

2) Shenmue 1 and 2 HD isn't so out of the question just yet. Sony do seem like they want Suzuki and Shenmue 3 to succeed. If the Kickstarter is a great success and Yu and Co. (truly awesome how Yu was able to get most of the original staff back together like a band to do this, once and for all...) truly do start working heavily on completing the game, there's no reason why Sony wouldn't step up to the plate and do whatever they can to make Shenmue 1 and 2 HD releases as a primer leading up to Shenmue 3 a reality.

Like Suzuki said it - the fate of Shenmue is in our hands now...as it's always been. While other fanbases get spoonfed their wildest wishes (ie. SquareEnix probably has no financial worry about remaking FF7...), we will always have to work hard to get ours. So - not until the very day when Shenmue 3 is finally released will our real work let up.

Let's do this, my dear friends. Thanks.

Wonderfully said..Kudos to you
flip
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Currently playing: Shenmue

Postby lavrentis » Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:42 pm

lavrentis wrote: if it's happening, we need a shenmue night out

friday night is shenmue night
lavrentis
Shenmue - THE best game
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby flip » Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:43 pm

this is one of the best reactions i have ever seen for any video game announcement.

phpBB [video]

flip has received 7 thanks from: Anthony817, BlueMue, Giorgio, harris_t, HazDS, lavrentis, redline
flip
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Currently playing: Shenmue

Re: Shenmue 3 Kickstarter announced at E3 2015!

Postby hwarangwarrior » Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:46 pm

Oh my gosh, I can't believe it! Finally, some official Shenmue 3 news! I think I'm going to cry a river made from tears of joy! Let's get this done guys! :D
Last edited by hwarangwarrior on Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hwarangwarrior
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx

Postby Taren Fox » Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:46 pm

It's been almost two hours and I'm still crying.
Taren Fox
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby elmatto » Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:48 pm

Man I joined at the right time it seems.
elmatto

Postby Taren Fox » Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:52 pm

This dude on NeoGaf was right.

Taren Fox has received a thanks from: MiTT3NZ
Taren Fox
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby LanDi_Must_Die » Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:57 pm

Long time lurker of these forums. Been visiting periodically to look for updates since I was 11. I'm in my 20s now and I have waited so patiently for this game. What a wonderful night. Shed a tear when I heard the news. I donated to the KickStarter and can't wait to kick Lan Di's ass
LanDi_Must_Die
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby LanDi_Must_Die » Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:02 am

flip wrote: this is one of the best reactions i have ever seen for any video game announcement.

phpBB [video]

Video gave me goosebumps :shock: =D>
LanDi_Must_Die
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby Axm » Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:09 am

I just pledged $500.
I love everyone.
I love life.

Axm has received a thanks from: Anthony817
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Xellos » Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:17 am

Well awesome guys. after so long. lets donate.
Xellos

Postby rome » Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:18 am

I can see this place being as active as it was 10+ year's ago. The Dojo is back at full strength.
rome
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Shenmue II

PreviousNext

Return to News and Updates