Shenmue 3 Kickstarter announced at E3 2015!

(Latest news & updates on the series)

Moderator: News Poster/Veteran Contributor

Re: Shenmue 3 Kickstarter announced at E3 2015!

Postby HappyKillmore » Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:54 am

sand4fish wrote:

I guess the waiting process and years of disappointment/trolling took a toll on you.

Strong possibility, i must confess i had 100% given up hope YEARS ago, seems foolish now. I think part of me thinks it's too late to do it now, not sure how close the original games Shenmue 3 will be. Still, I will still donate as much as i possibly can, and will no doubt be excited when it's actually there in front of me
HappyKillmore
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

PSN: big_g_mcfc
XBL: DerK0mmissar
Steam: kingkong001
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: With Myself

Postby Ryo_Hazuki--san » Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:54 am

is this a dream? if it is i hope i never wake up...
Ryo_Hazuki--san
Master of the Three Blades

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby EWJ » Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:56 am

I had pretty much given up hope, It's been a long time since I believed, proof that I've become a miserable sod in my old age. It hasn't really sunk in yet but it's all I can think about today.

I'm happy it was crowd funded, the fans needed to show their support in a tangible way.

I'm happy for us all.
EWJ
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Deta » Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:58 am

The dream!

Our far-fetched dream is about to come true. I dont know what to think right now..

Almost became bit emotional when saw Suzuki walking to the stage.

The 2 million goal is bit suprising tho. Did some big investor set the 2 million as a goal for Yu and hes team and after reaching that they step in funding the rest? 2 million for such a game seems bit low.

But will see.
Last edited by Deta on Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deta

Postby HappyKillmore » Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:58 am

EWJ wrote: I had pretty much given up hope, It's been a long time since I believed, proof that I've become a miserable sod in my old age. It hasn't really sunk in yet but it's all I can think about today.

Exactly how i feel, been thinking about it all day but there's no real excitement there. Maybe i'm just getting old and cynical.
HappyKillmore
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Protons » Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:59 am

Just posting here to say good job everyone here at Shenmue Dojo, I have been following your posts, promoting Shenmue whenever I can. I wouldn't be where I am now without Shenmue's influence and still in shock at the announcement.
Protons
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

PSN: agito213
Steam: TheDooglet
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Witcher 3

Postby DoubleO_Ren » Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:03 am

Where the fuck is that punk Riku that said this game was never gonna happen? Damn how does it feel negative Nacy's!!?
DoubleO_Ren
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby HappyKillmore » Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:07 am

To be fair, with SEGA on the brink of bankruptcy and not interested in the games market, combined with a failed MMO and the shenmue website being hacked, it was a FAIR assumption that it wasn't going to be released. It's pure miracle that it is
HappyKillmore
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Riku Rose » Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:09 am

DoubleO_Ren wrote: Where the fuck is that punk Riku that said this game was never gonna happen? Damn how does it feel negative Nacy's!!?

It really sucks that a game I like is getting a sequel after having a cliffhanger ending. I'm fucking pissed.

Riku Rose has received 2 thanks from: myshtuff, Raithos
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby redline » Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:20 am

redline has received a thanks from: Anthony817
redline
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby DoubleO_Ren » Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:28 am

Riku Rose wrote:
DoubleO_Ren wrote: Where the fuck is that punk Riku that said this game was never gonna happen? Damn how does it feel negative Nacy's!!?

It really sucks that a game I like is getting a sequel after having a cliffhanger ending. I'm fucking pissed.

Lol don't pretend you didn't think of every argument possible to say Shenmue 3 wouldn't and couldn't happen because there wasn't enough love from the public. I said and I been saying all they have to do is give up an official announcement and all shenmue fans will crawl out of the woodwork. And that's what happened.

I may have been quiet but I never gave up on Shenmue. Now let's get the HD remakes out too.
DoubleO_Ren
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby JohnBlack » Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:36 am

The 2 million goal is bit suprising tho. Did some big investor set the 2 million as a goal for Yu and hes team and after reaching that they step in funding the rest? 2 million for such a game seems bit low.

Of course, i think Sony will give something. Just because you cant make game for 2 millions. Papo & Yo cost 1.5 millions, and its a very short and simple game. Game like SIII require at least 15 millions without marketing. Perfect number is about 40-60 millions to make it super AAA project. But i think ask for 40 millions on kickstarter can shock people :roll:
JohnBlack

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby TwiceFriedRice » Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:49 am

DoubleO_Ren wrote:
Riku Rose wrote:

Lol don't pretend you didn't think of every argument possible to say Shenmue 3 wouldn't and couldn't happen because there wasn't enough love from the public. I said and I been saying all they have to do is give up an official announcement and all shenmue fans will crawl out of the woodwork. And that's what happened.

I may have been quiet but I never gave up on Shenmue. Now let's get the HD remakes out too.

Who the fuck cares? Get off your high horse.

TwiceFriedRice has received a thanks from: MiTT3NZ
TwiceFriedRice
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Nintendo FC: Skillgore31
Steam: SkillgoreK

Postby DenZ » Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:09 pm

Logged back in to announce to the world that I just woke up... and THIS WAS NOT A DREAM!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

SHENMUE 3 IS REAL AND IT'S ALREADY MET ITS FUNDING GOAL WOOHOOOOOOOOO.

Great work everyone.

I must admit I gave up on ever seeing Shenmue 3 a few years ago. I'd still ride the hype train on every rumor or indication Yu might announce something, just for fun really. Serious point-of-tears, goosebumps-like-I've-never-felt-em, feelings when the Kickstarter stage went dark and the first notes of the er-hu came across the speakers. AHH!! I can finally pick up a very important piece of my childhood from where I left it in 2001.

Can't wait for December 2017.
DenZ
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby rome » Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:16 pm

This will be the longest 2+ years of my life. I'm amazed at how fast this was funded by the fans, the most loyal fans I know.

I'd like to give thanks to the admins here, members, guests, and anyone who believed.

Wait till you we all sit down and play the game (although I might stand the whole time lol) and experience Shenmue 3 for the first time :)
rome
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Shenmue II

PreviousNext

Return to News and Updates