Shenmue 3 Kickstarter announced at E3 2015!

(Latest news & updates on the series)

Moderator: News Poster/Veteran Contributor

Re: Shenmue 3 Kickstarter announced at E3 2015!

Postby Master Kyodai » Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:25 am

drunkensailor wrote:
Locke_cole wrote:
drunkensailor wrote: can anyone please explain to me why they need to talk with their wives about doing this? don't you guys have a job or other ways of income? it's your money and you decide. my girlfriend wouldn't dare to say otherwise, in fact she's very happy for me and for herself as she likes shenmue a lot too.

Because at the end of the day my wife is going to suck my dick, not yu suzuki. I'm not asking for permission as much as letting her know whats going on so she doesn't see a mysterious 500 charge and decide to call the bank and freeze the account.

Talking to your spouse is Relationship 101

don't have to tell me that. it's just that people here are actually asking PERMISSION to spend x amount of money. that seems ridiculous to me. unless she is making the money and you don't make any money. but then I would feel way to embarrassed to ask for money.

and about sucking my dick. lol in the real world it's the wife who wants more sex than the man. not that I would ever use it as leverage but again in what world do people live in where the wife doesn't want sex... :?:

If you have a family and you're not really drowning in money then you usually talk about spending money. Gonna tell you a secret - I did not ask my wife for permission. But if i would have bought the 500 Dollar package and she found out I'd have a hard time explaining why we buy the cheapest diapers and spend 500 Dollars on a video game that she won't play anyways.

Also in a "good" family you don't argue like "I'm the man, i earn the money, period". My wife is "just" a house wife, but i think that is sometimes harder than my "well earning job", if you don't honor that then you just are simply a terrible husband and selfish person imho. With a girlfriend it's a whole different world, can't really compare that to a family with kids, mortgages, loans and stuff where you can't spend all your money just for your personal pleasure...
Master Kyodai
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Melmoth » Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:36 am

Hey all, great to be back at the Dojo and to see the community so alive with the recent Shenmue news.

Since the days of playing Shenmue I haven't played video games, such as I've opted for the PS4 version as I assume by the time 2017 comes around a PS4 console will be fairly cheap.

As the PS4 version is only digital from my understanding we will have to access it through the Playstation online service, will this require another fee? Will it just be a one time thing in order to download the game to your system?

Apologies for the questions but I'm so out of touch with the whole video game scene!

Thanks.
Melmoth
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby SheepheadCG » Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:45 am

Melmoth wrote: Hey all, great to be back at the Dojo and to see the community so alive with the recent Shenmue news.

Since the days of playing Shenmue I haven't played video games, such as I've opted for the PS4 version as I assume by the time 2017 comes around a PS4 console will be fairly cheap.

As the PS4 version is only digital from my understanding we will have to access it through the Playstation online service, will this require another fee? Will it just be a one time thing in order to download the game to your system?

Apologies for the questions but I'm so out of touch with the whole video game scene!

Thanks.

If you back the kickstarter that gives you the PS4 digital version, you will be given a CD key that you enter on the playstation store. This will then add the game to your playstation account and you will be able to download the game from sony for free. So backing the kickstarter is all you need to do :). If in the future you delete Shenmue 3 from your Ps4, (to make harddrive space for other digital games on your playstation) the game will still be tied to your playstation account and you can download it again forever for free.
Hope that helps ;)!

SheepheadCG has received a thanks from: Melmoth
SheepheadCG
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Steam: sheephead100
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Starcraft 2

Postby Taren Fox » Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:48 am

Wow, the kickstarter slowed to a crawl once Sony announced it was backing the game.
Taren Fox
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby LikeZoinksYo » Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:00 am

Lots of time left, of course, but getting worried about those high end stretch goals lol.
LikeZoinksYo
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby drunkensailor » Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:01 am

Master Kyodai wrote:
drunkensailor wrote:
Locke_cole wrote:
drunkensailor wrote: can anyone please explain to me why they need to talk with their wives about doing this? don't you guys have a job or other ways of income? it's your money and you decide. my girlfriend wouldn't dare to say otherwise, in fact she's very happy for me and for herself as she likes shenmue a lot too.

Because at the end of the day my wife is going to suck my dick, not yu suzuki. I'm not asking for permission as much as letting her know whats going on so she doesn't see a mysterious 500 charge and decide to call the bank and freeze the account.

don't have to tell me that. it's just that people here are actually asking PERMISSION to spend x amount of money. that seems ridiculous to me. unless she is making the money and you don't make any money. but then I would feel way to embarrassed to ask for money.

and about sucking my dick. lol in the real world it's the wife who wants more sex than the man. not that I would ever use it as leverage but again in what world do people live in where the wife doesn't want sex... :?:

If you have a family and you're not really drowning in money then you usually talk about spending money. Gonna tell you a secret - I did not ask my wife for permission. But if i would have bought the 500 Dollar package and she found out I'd have a hard time explaining why we buy the cheapest diapers and spend 500 Dollars on a video game that she won't play anyways.

Also in a "good" family you don't argue like "I'm the man, i earn the money, period". My wife is "just" a house wife, but i think that is sometimes harder than my "well earning job", if you don't honor that then you just are simply a terrible husband and selfish person imho. With a girlfriend it's a whole different world, can't really compare that to a family with kids, mortgages, loans and stuff where you can't spend all your money just for your personal pleasure...

why isn't your wife working then? being a housewife is the easiest job in the world. unless you make a ton of money I don't see why not both of you should be working. it's better for you to work 20 hours and her so you do both of you the house, kids and job. but honestly people still seem so stuck in old things. especially woman. my girlfriend for instance has a very good job but I work myself because I don't want to be dependant on her. so again how your wife can coop with that is beyond me
drunkensailor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: gjb1985
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby drunkensailor » Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:02 am

Taren Fox wrote: Wow, the kickstarter slowed to a crawl once Sony announced it was backing the game.

yes this is very bad news unfortunately :(
drunkensailor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Taren Fox » Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:03 am

I wish they set the final goal as 5 million. It would have been hit by now.
Taren Fox
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby south carmain » Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:11 am

drunkensailor wrote:
Master Kyodai wrote:
drunkensailor wrote:
Locke_cole wrote:

why isn't your wife working then? being a housewife is the easiest job in the world. unless you make a ton of money I don't see why not both of you should be working. it's better for you to work 20 hours and her so you do both of you the house, kids and job. but honestly people still seem so stuck in old things. especially woman. my girlfriend for instance has a very good job but I work myself because I don't want to be dependant on her. so again how your wife can coop with that is beyond me

Why don't you stay out of other people's lives and keep on topic?
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Mocha Joe » Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:54 am

Taren Fox wrote: Wow, the kickstarter slowed to a crawl once Sony announced it was backing the game.

That's just the nature of Kickstarter.

It'll probably only raise $50k or so on average each day from now on. That is, until the project reaches its last 48 hours - then you'll get a similar sort of traction for backers as we saw when it was first announced.

I'd say it's still very much on course to raise $5m+, although it'll hopefully achieve more than that!
Mocha Joe
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Postby LikeZoinksYo » Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:03 am

Mocha Joe wrote:

That's just the nature of Kickstarter.

It'll probably only raise $50k or so on average each day from now on. That is, until the project reaches its last 48 hours - then you'll get a similar sort of traction for backers as we saw when it was first announced.

I'd say it's still very much on course to raise $5m+, although it'll hopefully achieve more than that!

Man, I hope so. I'm in tryhard mode, throwing the link out on Shenmue related articles just trying to raise more awareness and telling every fan I've known over the years that fell by the wayside of despair. I really want us to hit all of those Stretch Goals.
LikeZoinksYo
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby RiGoRmOrTiS » Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:23 am

This is perfectly normal for a kickstarter, at the moment it's pulling in 10k an hour, after thr first 24 - 48 hours of kickstarter it always slows, expect it to slow even more, possibly half again to 3-5k an hour.

As long as it doesn't stop entirely it should hit it's 4 million target easily.

Not sure why people think Sony backing this is causing it. Lack of experience in kickstarter perhaps, this would probably encourage people since there is now an element of production quality assured as there will be more than indie levels of money involved.

There is still content and features gated until we get to 4m, so people still need to keep donating. Hitting 2m or Sony backing it isn't a reason to think 'i don't need to put money down now'
Last edited by RiGoRmOrTiS on Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
RiGoRmOrTiS
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Melmoth » Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:26 am

I'm really liking the look of that Shenmue 3 t-shirt that is included in one of the higher tiers, maybe they could add t-shirts individually? I would definitely pledge again!
Melmoth
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby Melmoth » Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:27 am

SheepheadCG wrote:
Melmoth wrote: Hey all, great to be back at the Dojo and to see the community so alive with the recent Shenmue news.

Thanks.

If you back the kickstarter that gives you the PS4 digital version, you will be given a CD key that you enter on the playstation store. This will then add the game to your playstation account and you will be able to download the game from sony for free. So backing the kickstarter is all you need to do :). If in the future you delete Shenmue 3 from your Ps4, (to make harddrive space for other digital games on your playstation) the game will still be tied to your playstation account and you can download it again forever for free.
Hope that helps ;)!

Thank you for clearing that up! :)

Do you need to pay a fee to access the Playstation store? Or do you just access it through your own internet connection?
Melmoth
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby drunkensailor » Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:32 am

drunkensailor has received a thanks from: FlagshipFighter
drunkensailor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PreviousNext

Return to News and Updates