Shenmue 3 Kickstarter announced at E3 2015!

(Latest news & updates on the series)

Moderator: News Poster/Veteran Contributor

Re: Shenmue 3 Kickstarter announced at E3 2015!

Postby Shenmuehua » Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:02 pm

Shenmuehua
Master of the Three Blades

PSN: Shenmuehua
XBL: Shenmuehua
Steam: Shenmuehua
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Shenmue

Postby SheepheadCG » Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:07 pm

- 2 million is the bare minimum for the game to exist, and if that was all they got, it would just be focused on the story. The more money it gets, the more of the things he wants to do will be possible.

- As far as money goes, he expects the game's investment will primarily come from individual backers, so he wants them all to be happy with the finished product. Doesn't sound like Sony and others are giving them all THAT much.

We have so many people on the kickstarter and on GAF saying that Sony is going to drop loads of money on the game and the kickstarter was just there to find out if people are interested. These 2 comments prove that this is all rubbish and that the kickstarter is super super important.

We have to get this out there!
SheepheadCG
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Steam: sheephead100
Currently playing: Starcraft 2

Postby Ziming » Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:20 pm

phpBB [video]

Ziming has received a thanks from: Giorgio
Ziming
Banned
Banned

Postby elfshadowreaper » Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:26 pm

SheepheadCG wrote:
- 2 million is the bare minimum for the game to exist, and if that was all they got, it would just be focused on the story. The more money it gets, the more of the things he wants to do will be possible.

- As far as money goes, he expects the game's investment will primarily come from individual backers, so he wants them all to be happy with the finished product. Doesn't sound like Sony and others are giving them all THAT much.

We have so many people on the kickstarter and on GAF saying that Sony is going to drop loads of money on the game and the kickstarter was just there to find out if people are interested. These 2 comments prove that this is all rubbish and that the kickstarter is super super important.

"Shenmue will be produced using both the funds raised from the Kickstarter and through other funding sources already secured by Ys Net Inc. We are very sorry, but due to contractual obligations, details of outside investments will not be disclosed."

If $2 million is all that was needed for the game to exist then who are these funding sources already secured?
elfshadowreaper
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby LikeZoinksYo » Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:38 pm

As glad as I am that Sony is offering help, in some way, I sort of wish they hadn't mentioned it. Because it has given so many people this false sense of security. Yes we got the game, finally. We can finally have this wonderful story expand on to the next Chapters. But let's not just settle for the bare minimum lol.
LikeZoinksYo
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby SheepheadCG » Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:47 pm

elfshadowreaper wrote:
SheepheadCG wrote:

"Shenmue will be produced using both the funds raised from the Kickstarter and through other funding sources already secured by Ys Net Inc. We are very sorry, but due to contractual obligations, details of outside investments will not be disclosed."

If $2 million is all that was needed for the game to exist then who are these funding sources already secured?

As you said, we have no idea who these investors are, and how much funding they are providing but if Yu says that the Kickstarter is going to be the main force, then it really can't be that much.

In the best possible situation we could raise like 15 million max, (but looks like its going to be lower) so if we are the driving force the other investors are going to be lower than that...

People really need to understand the importance of the kickstarter, and more importantly need to stop with this "I'm backing $29 because there is no Physical PS4 version". I really don't understand how people can want a game for 14 years, and then be willing to be so stingy with their pledge, which will inturn make the game suffer.

People, use the kickstarter as a way to make the game you have always wanted, let Yu create his full vision for the game. Sort out what your going to play it on later, 2 years from now when its out... Lets just get this game made to the full extent! Please!

SheepheadCG has received a thanks from: elfshadowreaper
SheepheadCG
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby RiGoRmOrTiS » Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:52 pm

SheepheadCG wrote:

People really need to understand the importance of the kickstarter, and more importantly need to stop with this "I'm backing $29 because there is no Physical PS4 version". I really don't understand how people can want a game for 14 years, and then be willing to be so stingy with their pledge, which will inturn make the game suffer.

This... so MUCH!

RiGoRmOrTiS has received a thanks from: elfshadowreaper
RiGoRmOrTiS
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby #WeSavedShenmue » Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:03 pm

It is really frustrating, if the backers that backed at the $5 and $29 levels all backed at the $60 level (basically one tier up) that is around 25,800 pledges x $60 backing -- we would be looking at around another $838K ..... :???: Roughly doing the math with removing the current backings and adjusting them to the new amounts (to what the total would be)
#WeSavedShenmue
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

PSN: thefavoriteplay

Postby James Brown » Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:07 pm

JohnBlack wrote:
where is that from??

Saw this in Shenmue group in russian social network vk.com.
There are another pics

Fenix linked me a drop box which contained some of these images in my Shenmue 3 wallpapers topic:

http://www.shenmuedojo.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=47692

The strange thing is, if you click the list button to display the images in a list, it says that they were last modified 8 days ago, which obviously is well before the kickstarter was announced!
James Brown
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

XBL: skilljimmeh

Postby JohnBlack » Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:14 pm

Well it is important, but its obvious that it cant be even 50% of budget. Because you cant make game for example for 4-5m of dollars. Papo&Yo is 1.5m game and there is no open world, and there is like two hours of gameplay. I know some mobile games with 1-2m budget excluding marketing. But of course kickstarter is important because its real chance to make game much better.
JohnBlack

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby SheepheadCG » Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:22 pm

They have added a new Reward Tier! Seems like they are listening :D! They are probably stuck answering all the comments!

More pics on the kickstarter Update:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ysnet/shenmue-3/posts/1268390

Lets hope we see something else inbetween $500 and $3000.
Last edited by SheepheadCG on Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

SheepheadCG has received a thanks from: Giorgio
SheepheadCG
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby James Brown » Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:26 pm

SheepheadCG wrote: They have added a new Reward Tier! Seems like they are listening :D! They are probably stuck answering all the comments!

That's awesome :D, but I barely have the money for the $500 tier I went for lol! Wonder how realistic it looks, I have the Insert Coin Clothing jacket, but that one isn't very realistic at all.

Okay just seen the photos, looks awesome!
James Brown
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

XBL: skilljimmeh

Postby Asthenia® » Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:43 pm

SheepheadCG wrote: They have added a new Reward Tier! Seems like they are listening :D! They are probably stuck answering all the comments!

More pics on the kickstarter Update:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ysnet/shenmue-3/posts/1268390

Dammit, Maldita pobreza, mamma mia

:king:
Asthenia®
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby elfshadowreaper » Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:44 pm

We need to form our own campaign to get people who have donated to add $25-$50 to their donation. No shaming just trying to ice the cake. Instead of the monthly capsule push lets do a "$30 on the 3rd" and everyone donate an extra $30 bonus or no bonus. As people have said this isn't about goodies. Goodies are cool but we want the game.

If everyone who've already donated added $30 it would add $1.2 million to the pot!

I'll donate another $30. That's three trips to the fast food restaurant. Who will join me?

elfshadowreaper has received a thanks from: FlagshipFighter
elfshadowreaper
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby SheepheadCG » Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:50 pm

elfshadowreaper wrote: We need to form our own campaign to get people who have donated to add $25-$50 to their donation. No shaming just trying to ice the cake. Instead of the monthly capsule push lets do a "$30 on the 3rd" and everyone donate an extra $30 bonus or no bonus. As people have said this isn't about goodies. Goodies are cool but we want the game.

If everyone who've already donated added $30 it would add $1.2 million to the pot!

I'll donate another $30. That's three trips to the fast food restaurant. Who will join me?

That is an amazing idea! Can we really get together within the forum and make this a real thing! I'll join you with at least another 30 :D!
SheepheadCG
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PreviousNext

Return to News and Updates