SHENMUE 3 ANNOUNCED FOR PS4 KICKSTARTER (INFORMATION INSIDE)

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: SHENMUE 3 ANNOUNCED FOR PS4 KICKSTARTER (INFORMATION INS

Postby Yokosuka » Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:49 am

The lack of HD remaster is really a problem. The half of interested people I read say they will not buy Shenmue 3 without it. Very frustrating.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby south carmain » Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:03 am

Yokosuka wrote: The lack of HD remaster is really a problem. The half of interested people I read say they will not buy Shenmue 3 without it. Very frustrating.

Patience.
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby sand4fish » Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:33 am

Yokosuka wrote: The lack of HD remaster is really a problem. The half of interested people I read say they will not buy Shenmue 3 without it. Very frustrating.

This all rest in Sega's hands. Yu Suzuki is leading the way, and so the rest will follow eventually. Everything will fall into place. You'll see.
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:58 am

So they collect the money when the kickstarter ends right? Which would give me until 28 days from now, its doable, but feck I wasnt expecting to have to spend this money right now, but I absolutely feel as if I must.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Raithos » Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:04 am

Yep, they don't collect until it ends AG. You have time to back it if you want. I don't think any of us were expecting to spend money on Shenmue III this year lol.
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby ShenBlue92 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:07 am

Of all the doubts that might rise, I remember that we have Yu Suzuki leading everything. And if has been said that Kojima is the Kubrick of videogames, Yu Suzuki is David Lynch...
Maybe we are worrying too much...
ShenBlue92
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Postby Axm » Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:10 am

AnimeGamer183 wrote: So they collect the money when the kickstarter ends right? Which would give me until 28 days from now, its doable, but feck I wasnt expecting to have to spend this money right now, but I absolutely feel as if I must.

Atleast put down $29 you peasant.
;)
But for real.. just $29 right now and then you can raise it to whatever tier you want later on before it closes.
So you can do $29 right now then 60 next week then 120 and then 500 then $10,000 like a real man.

Axm has received a thanks from: sand4fish
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby TheThirdComing » Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:16 am

Axm wrote:
AnimeGamer183 wrote: So they collect the money when the kickstarter ends right? Which would give me until 28 days from now, its doable, but feck I wasnt expecting to have to spend this money right now, but I absolutely feel as if I must.

Atleast put down $29 you peasant.
;)
But for real.. just $29 right now and then you can raise it to whatever tier you want later on before it closes.
So you can do $29 right now then 60 next week then 120 and then 500 then $10,000 like a real man.

Aye that's what I have done, if they note a physical PS4 Edition that's $100 in a heartbeat!

But to appeal to a new audience - a new generation of gamers for that matter they need to present the past. I don't think this is something they can wait on. I put off playing the Mass Effect Trilogy for 5 years until finally the trilogy including the first game was released on PS3. I'm glad I waited as I didn't want a compromised experience in starting with the 2nd game in the series. But to get this Kickstarter rolling they have to offer the assurance that we'll get that, which as of now, we're not seeing.

TheThirdComing has received a thanks from: Axm
TheThirdComing
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Postby sand4fish » Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:17 am

Look at me... I might lose my fiancee over the course of this campaign! But damn it if don't. It's freaking shenmue 3. Before this E3 reveal this game was as real as an unicorn!

TheThirdComing wrote: Aye that's what I have done, if they note a physical PS4 Edition that's $100 in a heartbeat!

But to appeal to a new audience - a new generation of gamers for that matter they need to present the past. I don't think this is something they can wait on. I put off playing the Mass Effect Trilogy for 5 years until finally the trilogy including the first game was released on PS3. I'm glad I waited as I didn't want a compromised experience in starting with the 2nd game in the series. But to get this Kickstarter rolling they have to offer the assurance that we'll get that, which as of now, we're not seeing.

You know that if you up that $100 now and if later the PS4 physical copy comes out you would still be entitled to that tier reward right?
Last edited by sand4fish on Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

sand4fish has received a thanks from: Peter
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Peter » Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:23 am

sand4fish wrote: Look at me... I might lose my fiancee over the course of this campaign! But damn it if don't. It's freaking shenmue 3. Before this E3 reveal this game was as real as an unicorn!

A man who speaks my language.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby sand4fish » Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:30 am

Peter wrote:
sand4fish wrote: Look at me... I might lose my fiancee over the course of this campaign! But damn it if don't. It's freaking shenmue 3. Before this E3 reveal this game was as real as an unicorn!

A man who speaks my language.

Thanks! Glad I can share my enthusiasm in this forum! I'm literally going nuts over this campaign! I will quit kickstarter after this, swear to God. But I will sure give my all for this one before that happens.
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Peter » Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:31 am

This is my first and probably only time using Kickstarter. It's Shenmue 3 so it's getting all I have.

Peter has received a thanks from: sand4fish
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby sand4fish » Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:38 am

I have backed big on other projects including Bloodstained. I wish I could take back that money and put it all on Shenmue 3! And also that's why I'm not really happy with how shenmue 3's campaign is being handled. After watching closely Bloodstained, it's really safe to say that the Kickstarter team for Shenmue 3 sucks.
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Ruffles » Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:43 pm

I was in shock for two days after the reveal at E3. Couldn't believe it. It starts to sink in. I finished Shenmue II again tonight, just to remind myself of the magic.

Shenmue III - hit me. I've pledged $185 now. Hit me.

Ruffles has received a thanks from: mjq jazz bar
Ruffles
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby Amir » Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:29 pm

dat lip detail HHHHHHNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGG

the leather jacket creases, the embroidery on the patch... :heart:
Amir
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"