SHENMUE 3 ANNOUNCED FOR PS4 KICKSTARTER (INFORMATION INSIDE)

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: SHENMUE 3 ANNOUNCED FOR PS4 KICKSTARTER (INFORMATION INS

Postby Jeff » Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:16 pm

Don't mean to double post but the thought just hit me.

Mulling over the $2 million goal and how that makes sense. Also thought of the statement that they also have 'outside funding' as well. Then it occurred to me. This is a down payment for a venture loan.

I've been saying for the course of over 10 years here, if Yu can't get funding for the game it's not going to happen. Lenders have to be convinced they'll get their money back with interest. Back in the credit crisis I said 'well that's it folks, this will never happen now'. Several years later now credit is coming by easier and easier. You can see it on TV the loan commercials.

So I remembered how I got my mortgage. I had to put a percentage down as a down payment for the loan. The requirement for the loan for Shenmue was to obtain the 2 million to get let's say 20 million (10% down). Everything above the 2 mill is either icing on the cake for other things (stretch goals), or for a bigger loan. That's got to be what he's doing here. It aligns with the past statements.

So what happens if Yu can't pay back the loan? No problem! Just bankrupt Ys-Net and form another company! Companies do this all the time.
Jeff
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

PSN: jgk1020
XBL: jgkny
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Halo Master Chief Col

Postby shredingskin » Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:36 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACGbybjIqDg

This video highlights some of my concerns (also uses the same example I said about tiers lol).

To be honest let's look at some KS (that I backed):

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/in ... escription
Game made by pretty much one man 21 tiers.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/re ... escription
23 tiers
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/te ... escription
21 tiers (this one game me an idea of a tier with the heavens lighter).
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/in ... escription
28 tiers

I think bloodstained had something like 29.

Not even that, the actual tiers are really high.

Some ideas:
- Move the 500 tier to 400 or 500 (really 200 bucks for 3 toys that would be like 2 dls each?)
- Mirrors replicas.
- Heavens lighter.
- Sword handguard (well pretty much any history item).
- "Real" mysterious scroll.
- Custom Shenmue USB for the game.
- Nozomi amulet.
- Ren's necklace or double coins.
- digital only tiers and physic only tiers.
Most of those would be really cheap to do, but interesting and could be the same money so people can choose whatever they like, or giving them a "discount" to get all.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby mjq jazz bar » Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:00 pm

mjq jazz bar has received 2 thanks from: Miles Prower, shredingskin
mjq jazz bar
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: mortimerOA
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Yakuza 0 & Ni No Kuni

Postby mjq jazz bar » Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:18 pm

He just said a new stretch goal is going up as well.
mjq jazz bar
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: mortimerOA
Currently playing: Yakuza 0 & Ni No Kuni

Postby JC 2K3 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:16 am

I don't really play or have all that much interest in video games any more. Even then, I'm very surprised that I managed to miss this for over a week...

Anyway, HOLY SHIT!!!

I remember numerous times, back in the day, breaking Dojo records for the number of people signed in when there was apparently going to be a "big announcement" at E3 or some other games show, and every time, we'd all be disappointed. Then all that Shenmue Online crap happened, and we didn't know whether to be excited or puzzled, and then that just disappeared. Eventually, I think most of us just accepted it wasn't going to happen ever.

I'm looking back at my post history on here. I first posted in 2004 - 11 years ago. I was 15 at the time. I stopped posting long ago, and long before that this place had become less about the Shenmue, and more a community of friends. This was a really important place for me for several years.

How amazing is it to come back here, over a decade after I first joined, and see that the one thing deep down we've all been longing for, which we'd all truthfully lost hope in, is actually going to happen? No game has ever immersed and captivated me like Shenmue did. It's still slowly sinking in, but I still can't quite believe it.

JC 2K3 has received 4 thanks from: AnimeGamer183, rome, Shenmuedabest, ys
JC 2K3
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:22 am

Welcome back JC, many of the old guys are still here or have come back, its been good times, but I have been posting here pretty much the entire time. I have always kept a tab open with SD, this place is just always on my screen, idk its weird but I have never gave up on it.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby JC 2K3 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:39 am

I commend you for keeping the faith. I had definitely crossed into having no expectation of it ever happening, although I figured we'd get a book or graphic novel eventually.
JC 2K3
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby ys » Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:39 am

AnimeGamer183 wrote: Welcome back JC, many of the old guys are still here or have come back, its been good times, but I have been posting here pretty much the entire time. I have always kept a tab open with SD, this place is just always on my screen, idk its weird but I have never gave up on it.

It's the same here. I sometimes posted less during certain periods but I always stuck around because...hmm, why did I actually stick around? :-k
Alright, mainly to discuss other games or have some debates about whatever.

Jeff wrote:So I remembered how I got my mortgage. I had to put a percentage down as a down payment for the loan. The requirement for the loan for Shenmue was to obtain the 2 million to get let's say 20 million (10% down). Everything above the 2 mill is either icing on the cake for other things (stretch goals), or for a bigger loan. That's got to be what he's doing here. It aligns with the past statements.

I also think that something like that is going on. I don't think that Yu would have started all of this otherwise after waiting for the right moment. He doesn't seem to be the kind of person who would make the game much less than what he envisioned.
ys
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Shenmuedabest » Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:15 am

JC 2K3 wrote: I don't really play or have all that much interest in video games any more. Even then, I'm very surprised that I managed to miss this for over a week...

Anyway, HOLY SHIT!!!

I remember numerous times, back in the day, breaking Dojo records for the number of people signed in when there was apparently going to be a "big announcement" at E3 or some other games show, and every time, we'd all be disappointed. Then all that Shenmue Online crap happened, and we didn't know whether to be excited or puzzled, and then that just disappeared. Eventually, I think most of us just accepted it wasn't going to happen ever.

I'm looking back at my post history on here. I first posted in 2004 - 11 years ago. I was 15 at the time. I stopped posting long ago, and long before that this place had become less about the Shenmue, and more a community of friends. This was a really important place for me for several years.

How amazing is it to come back here, over a decade after I first joined, and see that the one thing deep down we've all been longing for, which we'd all truthfully lost hope in, is actually going to happen? No game has ever immersed and captivated me like Shenmue did. It's still slowly sinking in, but I still can't quite believe it.

Welcome back yo (this is QWERTY btw)

Shenmuedabest has received a thanks from: JC 2K3
Shenmuedabest
Banned
Banned

Postby Miles Prower » Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:35 am

Welcome back JC :D
Still can't quite believe it myself either, if truth be told!

Miles Prower has received a thanks from: JC 2K3
Miles Prower
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

XBL: sppeac1987

Postby Luke_09 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:40 am

mjq jazz bar wrote: Image

Sounds promising!
Luke_09
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx

Postby Peter » Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:56 pm

JC 2K3 wrote: I don't really play or have all that much interest in video games any more. Even then, I'm very surprised that I managed to miss this for over a week...

Anyway, HOLY SHIT!!!

JC!!!! Fuck yea!!

Good to see you bud!! =D>

Peter has received a thanks from: JC 2K3
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby johnvivant » Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:49 pm

anyone else find it really strange that Sega is completely silent on the shenmue 3 announcement?
i understand that its not being dealt with by them, and they probably don't want to put any money into it at all, but not even a tweet, or a 1 paragraph blog post?

its a shame sega aren't helping even partially with promoting the kickstarter. maybe some minimal acknowledgement might have helped influence the general sega fan community to get on board and suppport it. but then again the sega community is not what it was - and sega is not what it was either.

the sega logo is conspicuously absent from all shenmue 3 materials. this probably confirms that they aren't willing to fund this at all.....yet.
johnvivant
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Amir » Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:57 pm

johnvivant wrote: anyone else find it really strange that Sega is completely silent on the shenmue 3 announcement?
i understand that its not being dealt with by them, and they probably don't want to put any money into it at all, but not even a tweet, or a 1 paragraph blog post?

its a shame sega aren't helping even partially with promoting the kickstarter. maybe some minimal acknowledgement might have helped influence the general sega fan community to get on board and suppport it. but then again the sega community is not what it was - and sega is not what it was either.

the sega logo is conspicuously absent from all shenmue 3 materials. this probably confirms that they aren't willing to fund this at all.....yet.

I assumed they weren't funding but wanted a % of sales in exchange for letting Suzuki make SIII. But their silence has me doubting even that, I mean, why aren't they tweeting about this at all? Surely it's in their interest for this to succeed, if for nothing more than the opportunity to sell the first two and make some cash from them?
Amir
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Steam: AmirMoosavi
Currently playing: Vanquish (PC)

Postby Yokosuka » Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:21 pm

Cedric Biscay's last tweet :
https://twitter.com/CedricBiscay/status ... 4481494016
" The most important video games french website lets an intern writing misinformation about Shenmue. It is a pity that they do anything to get the buzz. "

I'm glad he wrote this, the media coverage of Shenmue 3 is terrible here in France.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Rocket League

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III