Retain the Past or Look to the Future?

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Retain the Past or Look to the Future?

Postby MiTT3NZ » Tue Jun 16, 2015 1:18 am

So, in a frustrating predicament. I'm currently in one of the skintest positions I've been in for a while, and have Father's Day and a few birthdays over the coming weeks. This leaves me with - at best - a couple of quid to pledge to the Kickstarter.

However...

I have a theory.

Shenmue's making headlines right now. This means that the demand for a Dreamcast and copies of Shenmue I & II go up, right? As demand goes up, value goes up, so why not sell my DC and games to forward the proceeds to Shenmue III?

Well, because then I won't be able to play Shenmue (not particularly arsed about II coz I've got 2X) NullDC doesn't provide the same experience, and Shen3's gonna be more than two years in the making. It's blatantly getting funded, but I wanna see it hit every stretch goal on there.

So, I'm asking the only people who can think of this in the correct context: you lot.

Be a part of the franchise's future, or hold onto the past?

MiTT3NZ has received a thanks from: Joe Pesci
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Re: Retain the Past or Look to the Future?

Postby Mr.Tambourine Man » Tue Jun 16, 2015 1:21 am

Hold on to the past, man. Chances are they're just using this to gauge interest anyhow. We're probably gonna get refunded.
Mr.Tambourine Man
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Re: Retain the Past or Look to the Future?

Postby Joe Pesci » Tue Jun 16, 2015 1:29 am

I would sell it. You will have more money to buy an old dreamcast at a later point. Plus, if you donate, maybe they will release HD remakes of the first 2.
Joe Pesci
sUk 4 Life
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Return to Shenmue III