Ways to Help the Kickstarter Campaign - Spread the Word

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Ideas to help the Kickstarter campaign

Postby sand4fish » Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:05 pm

Shenmuehua wrote:What I mean is that the community only need one more push and easier than what has been done along the past years to get so much money on the kickstarter.

I'm not sure I understood your point, but anyway... Now that Shenmue 3 is a Kickstarter project, it's basically in the hands of its fans but our numbers are very limited. Shenmue 2 sold about 600000 worldwide I believe. We're at 40000 pledged, so where are the rest of these people? Probably outgrown of the series and even gaming. What we have left is the the general gaming population which include people who are hearing the name Shenmue for the first time in their lives. Maybe I'm just OCD about all of this, as other people are satisfied already that the game is coming out at some shape, but now that we know we could be hyping this project to improve its quality and probably make it the best that it ever could be, wouldn't you do it?
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby hoonding » Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:26 pm

One can create the best Kickstarter pitch video of all time, in the end what's most critical for a succesful project is make people know about it.

Shenmue III pitch video was featured on E3, meaning millions of people around the world saw it and it made headlines on all major gaming news outlets. And that is why it is now in the Guinness Book of Records.

Pitch video was far from the best, but I imagine it would at least make people completely unknowledgeable about the previous games check google/wikipedia/youtube.
hoonding
Asia Travel Representative

Postby Shenmuehua » Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:30 pm

I concur it was not very clear. sorry

Whay I meant is that compare to what has been done by fans these 14 last years (campaigns etc...), make hype for 1 month to boost the kickstarter shoudn t be complicated.

I hope it is clearer. But what could we do?

I completely agree with you, I want the best Shenmue III possible. It is great it s funded but to see Shenmue III as a whole masterpiece it should provide everything Suzuki san has thought to put in.
Shenmuehua
Master of the Three Blades

PSN: Shenmuehua
XBL: Shenmuehua
Steam: Shenmuehua
Currently playing: Shenmue

Postby MJC The Great » Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:39 pm

How about getting a t-shirt made with links to kickstarter, qr code, etc? Then go on a walkabout around town during any free time you get and hope for some donations. Not much but it's another idea.
MJC The Great

Currently playing: Just Cause 2

Postby sand4fish » Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:46 pm

Shenmuehua wrote:
I hope it is clearer. But what could we do?

There are some ideas throughout this topic like:

-Look for E3 best game of the show award polls and vote for Shenmue 3 to generate hype

-Improve the quality of the campaign by giving ideas and asking directly the team behind it in the FAQ section of the Kickstarter page

-Beg other gaming communities to help out in exchange of a small donation of yours onto their project. Win-win for everyone.

-Appeal the limited rewards (signed collector's edition and capsule toys) to collectors and scalpers out there.

I'll basically contribute to anything if you have even better ideas other than my own money :D

MJC The Great wrote: How about getting a t-shirt made with links to kickstarter, qr code, etc? Then go on a walkabout around town during any free time you get and hope for some donations. Not much but it's another idea.

There you go! Thanks for the input!
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Riku Rose » Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:57 pm

I think you should find anyone that's ever liked anything Shenmue related on Facebook and harass them until they pledge.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby sand4fish » Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:00 pm

Riku Rose wrote: I think you should find anyone that's ever liked anything Shenmue related on Facebook and harass them until they pledge.

Well, my facebook friend list will certainly take a hit after that and I'll be known as a troll, but who needs friends when I got Shenmue 3 right?
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby ElephantStone » Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:05 pm

First thing is to convince them to fix that Kickstarter page. If someone drew up and showed them a mockup of a better one, with the stretch goals actually visible at the top, and added the extra detail that we've been drip-fed for each of them I think that'd go a long way to helping.
ElephantStone
Banned
Banned

Postby Set12 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:09 pm

I wasn't sure where to post this but somebody has made some neat banners (I'm not sure who but I found them in the kickstarter comments. I'm sorry if they've already been posted). They're rather eye-catching so people might find them useful to share around.

https://imgur.com/a/ZrG4b

Set12 has received a thanks from: sand4fish
Set12

Postby sand4fish » Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:14 pm

Set12 wrote: I wasn't sure where to post this but somebody has made some neat banners (I'm not sure who but I found them in the kickstarter comments. I'm sorry if they've already been posted). They're rather eye-catching so people might find them useful to share around.

https://imgur.com/a/ZrG4b

That's a really good one! And it's really well made! Thanks man!
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby denile » Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:33 pm

Can I suggest that whatever you do, be nice!

Reading some of the comments on Facebook regarding any critical coverage tends to make Shenmue fans look like South Park characters.

Wheaton's Law - Don't be a dick!

I would suggest having fan art competitions. Perhaps fans can donate videogame memorabilia with the proceeds to go to Shenmue 3. Alternatively, perhaps could donate Shenmue memorabilia to the campaign to be included as new goals.
denile

Postby shredingskin » Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:52 pm

What do you think of mailing companies that can advertise ingame now that shenmue is kinda hot topic (record on kickstarter) ??

Coke, Pepsi, Timex, Rolex, whatever.

BTW, I think we have to choose a couple of media targets and focus one at a time, famous youtubers, paper media, whatever, to do a shenmue kickstarter video/note.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby ShenBlue92 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:06 pm

I don't really know how these things work, but shredingskin might have a point. With the outstanding success that this reveal is having, some companies of some famous trademark might be willing to fund the game... I can't see Ryo buying Coke in a rural village in Guilin though... A watch brand for Ryo's own watch??
ShenBlue92

Postby shredingskin » Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:08 pm

Ryo watch was Timex.

It can even be a slogan "14 years later and still working"
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby MJC The Great » Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:43 pm

I admit it was a bit cheeky and might be against the rules but I just posted on PewDiePie's channel under the 'discussion' tab. I just thought it has the potential to reach a large audience, even if they only check out the kickstarter page it's a start. You have to set it to view recent comments instead of most popular by the way. Keep the suggestions coming! :)

MJC The Great has received 2 thanks from: sand4fish, shredingskin
MJC The Great

Currently playing: Just Cause 2

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III