Who remembers Shenmue 2 announcement?

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Who remembers Shenmue 2 announcement?

Postby ryohazuki » Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:02 am

Does anybody remember beause i was 10 at that time and i just randomly visited sega website and saw for that time a beautiful gif type image of a phoenix mirror which opens and then suddenly poster of shenmue 2 comes wit joy and ren on sides of ryo? not many people remember that can i find that again somehow thanks!
ryohazuki
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Re: Who remembers Shenmue 2 announcement?

Postby MiTT3NZ » Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:46 am

Nah, played Shenmue the summer before II was released, so I always just assumed.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby OL » Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:56 am

I don't think I had played the first when the second was initially announced to be made, but I do remember the feeling I got when I found out that they were porting it to Xbox.
I had played the first game, signed up here, gotten all kinds of excited about this game that by all logic was going to have a sequel... then when I did further research afterward, I found out there was a second game, but it wasn't coming to the DC in the US. Heart sank, all that stuff. I remember watching videos of it on Gamespot and IGN (back before Youtube was so popular, so you had to go to the gaming sites) and thinking it looked so amazing.
So then when it was announced for Xbox, I was a very, very happy boy.
It may have actually been the final push for me to buy an Xbox. I seem to remember getting the console, and not actually knowing what to play on it. So clearly I'd gotten it months in advance of S2 in anticipation.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Amir » Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:10 am

I remember waiting ages to load the QuickTime trailer on my crappy ISDN connection. Watched Xiuying wave her arms about 50 times while waiting for the rest of the trailer to load.

Amir has received 2 thanks from: lavrentis, shredingskin
Amir
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Steam: AmirMoosavi
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Vanquish (PC)

Postby shredingskin » Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:14 am

Amir wrote: I remember waiting ages to load the QuickTime trailer on my crappy ISDN connection. Watched Xiuying wave her arms about 50 times while waiting for the rest of the trailer to load.

I remember that I would not turn off the pc for almost a week to see that trailer. It was an ordeal because every phonecall could kill the load.

phpBB [video]

It's giving me the chills

FOR FUCKS SAKE, SHENMUE III IS COMING !!!!

shredingskin has received 4 thanks from: Amir, Birty, OL, SaM_4000
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby OL » Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:23 am

Oh shit... man, it's been years since I've seen that trailer, yet I remember it so clearly. The beat at the beginning, the sudden uproar of music, and everything after. Yeah, I must have watched that over and over back in the day. Nice burst of nostalgia there.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby redline » Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:13 pm

here you go. the 2001 shenmuedojo website-
http://web.archive.org/web/200105170152 ... plink.com/

i do remember when shenmue 2 (dreamcast) was announced for release, the forum was buzzing like it is now.
redline
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Return to Shenmue III