Yu Suzuki - Reddit AMA Today 21:30 PST / 05.30 GMT

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Yu Suzuki - Reddit AMA Today 21:30 PST / 05.30 GMT

Postby staplepuffs27 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:57 am

FourWuDu1026 wrote:
raunchy wrote: Well... this Kickstarter is turning out to be as useful as a cool breeze in the winter...


I wouldn't go that far, but it has slowed down to a crawl. Didn't even manage 90,000 on the 4th day
To be fair, that's about the amount that Bloodstained campain got on that day, and everyone keeps raving about that campain. It was expected for traffic to slow down. Still, we're on track to hit 3.5 mil this weekend.
Last edited by staplepuffs27 on Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
staplepuffs27
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
 
Joined: June 2015

Re: Yu Suzuki - Reddit AMA Today 21:30 PST / 05.30 GMT

Postby Anthony817 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:57 am

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/3 ... ?context=3

He is deciding on Japanese and English as options for us yes! It could include both at the same time!
Image

Anthony817 has received a thanks from: Himuro
User avatar
Anthony817
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte
 
Joined: November 2009
Location: Texas
Steam: Anthony817
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue II English 99min

Re: Yu Suzuki - Reddit AMA Today 21:30 PST / 05.30 GMT

Postby Jack » Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:59 am

"How will all the backers be contributing to Shenmue 3 though kickstarter polls and surveys? What will we be able to decide?"

I've just posted this question from another forum user, please upvote if you like it

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/3ahcwf/i_am_yu_suzuki_new_posting/cscocv8
Jack
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative
 
Joined: January 2011
Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Re: Yu Suzuki - Reddit AMA Today 21:30 PST / 05.30 GMT

Postby FourWuDu1026 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:00 am

staplepuffs27 wrote:
FourWuDu1026 wrote:
raunchy wrote: Well... this Kickstarter is turning out to be as useful as a cool breeze in the winter...


I wouldn't go that far, but it has slowed down to a crawl. Didn't even manage 90,000 on the 4th day
To be fair, that's about the amount that Bloodstained campain got on that day, and everyone keeps raving about that campain. It was expected for traffic to slow down. Still, we're on track to hit 3.5 mil this weekend.


I know, I was following Bloodstaineds campaign just as close as this one. I just kinda hoped Shenmue would do a lot better than Bloodstained, I guess we might have to settle for around $5.5 million. (same as bloodstained's total)
User avatar
FourWuDu1026
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
 
Joined: June 2015
Location: NYC
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Persona 4,Mortal Kombat x

Re: Yu Suzuki - Reddit AMA Today 21:30 PST / 05.30 GMT

Postby sand4fish » Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:01 am

I'm really against the English dub, as this would take out a huge chunk of budget that could have been allocated in other more important aspects of the game.
User avatar
sand4fish
Dojo Donor
Dojo Donor
 
Joined: November 2013
Favorite title: Shenmue

Re: Yu Suzuki - Reddit AMA Today 21:30 PST / 05.30 GMT

Postby Himuro » Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:01 am

Q: Will the band-aid ever come off?

A: I am considering a special option where it could be removed.


Q: Will we see Ryo's Journal return? Would be cool to be able to flip the pages using the PS4's touchpad.

A: I would like to bring back the Journal. That is an interesting idea, I will look into it. Thank you.

Himuro has received 3 thanks from: Anthony817, FourWuDu1026, Joe Pesci
Himuro
Banned
Banned
 
Joined: May 2006

Re: Yu Suzuki - Reddit AMA Today 21:30 PST / 05.30 GMT

Postby staplepuffs27 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:02 am

FourWuDu1026 wrote:
staplepuffs27 wrote:
FourWuDu1026 wrote:
raunchy wrote: Well... this Kickstarter is turning out to be as useful as a cool breeze in the winter...


I wouldn't go that far, but it has slowed down to a crawl. Didn't even manage 90,000 on the 4th day
To be fair, that's about the amount that Bloodstained campain got on that day, and everyone keeps raving about that campain. It was expected for traffic to slow down. Still, we're on track to hit 3.5 mil this weekend.


I know, I was following Bloodstaineds campaign just as close as this one. I just kinda hoped Shenmue would do a lot better than Bloodstained, I guess we might have to settle for around $5.5 million. (same as bloodstained's total)
It IS doing a lot better than Bloodstained was on its 5th day. It's just frustrating to think what the funding would be with better marketing and more kickstarter tiers. I agree things could be better.
staplepuffs27
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
 
Joined: June 2015

Re: Yu Suzuki - Reddit AMA Today 21:30 PST / 05.30 GMT

Postby flip » Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:03 am

Himuro wrote:
Q: Will the band-aid ever come off?

A: I am considering a special option where it could be removed.


Q: Will we see Ryo's Journal return? Would be cool to be able to flip the pages using the PS4's touchpad.

A: I would like to bring back the Journal. That is an interesting idea, I will look into it. Thank you.




Shit the PS4 touchpad was my question. Nice.

flip has received a thanks from: Anthony817
User avatar
flip
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
 
Joined: August 2013
Location: NYC
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Shenmue

Re: Yu Suzuki - Reddit AMA Today 21:30 PST / 05.30 GMT

Postby FourWuDu1026 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:03 am

flip wrote:
Himuro wrote:
Q: Will the band-aid ever come off?

A: I am considering a special option where it could be removed.


Q: Will we see Ryo's Journal return? Would be cool to be able to flip the pages using the PS4's touchpad.

A: I would like to bring back the Journal. That is an interesting idea, I will look into it. Thank you.




Shit the PS4 touchpad was my question. Nice.


Awesome idea, hope he actually does it.

FourWuDu1026 has received a thanks from: flip
User avatar
FourWuDu1026
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
 
Joined: June 2015
Location: NYC
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Persona 4,Mortal Kombat x

Re: Yu Suzuki - Reddit AMA Today 21:30 PST / 05.30 GMT

Postby Arm Wrestler » Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:03 am

That idea about flipping the journal using the touchpad is actually pretty cool.

lol about the band aid. That's... good, I guess?

Arm Wrestler has received a thanks from: flip
User avatar
Arm Wrestler
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative
 
Joined: October 2014
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Re: Yu Suzuki - Reddit AMA Today 21:30 PST / 05.30 GMT

Postby Amir » Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:04 am

For people new to reddit, you can check what questions Suzuki-san has answered quickly by looking at his user profile: http://www.reddit.com/user/Yu_Suzuki

Click "context" below each response to see the question to which he is responding.

I asked again if he still practices martial arts and what made him choose jujitsu as the Hazuki art, awaiting response, please upvote :) http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/3 ... ng/cscnx9x
Last edited by Amir on Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Amir has received a thanks from: Arm Wrestler
User avatar
Amir
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"
 
Joined: April 2015
Location: London
Steam: AmirMoosavi
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: DOOM (2016)

Re: Yu Suzuki - Reddit AMA Today 21:30 PST / 05.30 GMT

Postby shredingskin » Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:05 am

Didn't remember that ps4 had a touchpad

Will players have access to both the Japanese and English voice overs for the game?
And I wanted to say thank you so much for Shenmue and Shenmue II, it brought a tear to my eye seeing those games at E3 during the Shenmue III announcement, I cannot wait. Those two games are what made me curious about Japan as a child, and I am now trying to work as a Japanese translator!
enlaceguardarreportarregalar goldRESPONDER
[–]Yu_Suzuki[S] 17 puntos hace 9 minutos
I am thinking about that, yes. However it is not for sure.
It is because of fans like you, I wanted to make a sequel. Thank you very much.

So no jap/eng for now (did he actually said he'll make english dub?)

shredingskin has received 2 thanks from: Amir, Anthony817
User avatar
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist
 
Joined: March 2012
Location: Argentina
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some indie games.

Re: Yu Suzuki - Reddit AMA Today 21:30 PST / 05.30 GMT

Postby Himuro » Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:06 am

Q: What do you think of the current state of Japanese game development?

A: I see the share of mobile games increasing, the budgets of games decreasing. It will be harder to express a game's vision. I would hope the console and PC markets gain more popularity.

Himuro has received 2 thanks from: Amir, Anthony817
Himuro
Banned
Banned
 
Joined: May 2006

Re: Yu Suzuki - Reddit AMA Today 21:30 PST / 05.30 GMT

Postby Amir » Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:07 am

shredingskin wrote: Didn't remember that ps4 had a touchpad

Will players have access to both the Japanese and English voice overs for the game?
And I wanted to say thank you so much for Shenmue and Shenmue II, it brought a tear to my eye seeing those games at E3 during the Shenmue III announcement, I cannot wait. Those two games are what made me curious about Japan as a child, and I am now trying to work as a Japanese translator!
enlaceguardarreportarregalar goldRESPONDER
[–]Yu_Suzuki[S] 17 puntos hace 9 minutos
I am thinking about that, yes. However it is not for sure.
It is because of fans like you, I wanted to make a sequel. Thank you very much.

So no jap/eng for now (did he actually said he'll make english dub?)


I imagine an English dub would cost a fair bit of dough that could otherwise be spent on game mechanics/areas, would have to be a stretch goal. Personally I agree with another poster here that I'd rather see that money spent on the game.
User avatar
Amir
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"
 
Joined: April 2015
Location: London
Steam: AmirMoosavi
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: DOOM (2016)

Re: Yu Suzuki - Reddit AMA Today 21:30 PST / 05.30 GMT

Postby Amir » Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:08 am

Himuro wrote:
Q: What do you think of the current state of Japanese game development?

A: I see the share of mobile games increasing, the budgets of games decreasing. It will be harder to express a game's vision. I would hope the console and PC markets gain more popularity.


I hope so too! Hopefully this, The Last Guardian, and the FFVII remake usher in a new era of Japanese gaming :)
User avatar
Amir
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"
 
Joined: April 2015
Location: London
Steam: AmirMoosavi
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: DOOM (2016)

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: belinho, Bing [Bot], BlueCreeperBoy12, Englishhedgehog, SickOctopus, Yahoo [Bot] and 50 guests

Powered by phpBB © 2000-
ShenmueDojo.net