Yu Suzuki - Reddit AMA Today 21:30 PST / 05.30 GMT

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Yu Suzuki - Reddit AMA Today 21:30 PST / 05.30 GMT

Postby Reprise » Sat Jun 20, 2015 4:09 am

I just doubled my pledge ($60 reward to $120 reward). It's all I can afford. I don't know what else I can do other than get the word out there and promote it.

Unfortunately, the kickstarter is slowing down. It's too be expected, as more or less everyone who wanted Shenmue 3 and would have pledged, did so on the day the campaign launched. That's just how it works. More casual fans and those who haven't played the series (but might be curious), would be more reluctant about backing a kickstarter. Unfortunately, I don't think the cynical (and almost negative) press has helped at all! It's really quite infuriating, as it's created this idea amongst the general public that the kickstarter campaign is just a PR stunt and a way of gauging interest and that Sony and other investors will actually be footing the bill. This is obviously not true and funding is needed from the kickstarter.

Hopefully, by offering some new reward tiers, it will boost interest and offer an incentive to those who have already pledged, to up their pledge.

Reprise has received 3 thanks from: Amir, Anthony817, sand4fish
Reprise
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby south carmain » Sat Jun 20, 2015 4:10 am

shredingskin wrote: I'm the only one fearing that Yu Suzuki will try to outdo everything possible again ?

I'm not saying that he should "dream less", but more like "keep a budget".

The 10 mil goal is the double that any kickstarter did.

He is prepared for any budget between 2 million and 10 million too. He will be keeping the budget if we don't attain 10 million hence why it is a stretchgoal
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby shredingskin » Sat Jun 20, 2015 4:11 am

Why does one climb the mountain?
The shark cannot breath when it does not swim.

TO be honest 10mil it's not that much if he keeps a paypal after kickstarter.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby staplepuffs27 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 4:11 am

shredingskin wrote: I'm the only one fearing that Yu Suzuki will try to outdo everything possible again ?

Didn't Star Citizen get like 77 mil or something crazy?
staplepuffs27
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Steam: staplepuffs27
Currently playing: Sonic CD

Postby shredingskin » Sat Jun 20, 2015 4:12 am

staplepuffs27 wrote:

Didn't Star Citizen get like 77 mil or something crazy?

That was after the kickstarter, and pretty much selling dlc.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby NeoShredder » Sat Jun 20, 2015 4:16 am

Oh god, 5:30 start! Re-posted mine, hope its not too late to get some visibility! I'll try and upvote everyone from the Dojo. Himuro, is there are a way to link dogoer's postings in the OP?

Welcome to Reddit Karma-whoring :P

Anyway, a horse?? That alone has me stoked if true.

Oh, and like I posted earlier, can I suggest someone GIld one of Yu's posts? It's a reddit thing, to show appreciation. I would if I could right now.
NeoShredder
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

PSN: NeoShredder5
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby sand4fish » Sat Jun 20, 2015 4:18 am

Reprise wrote: I just doubled my pledge ($60 reward to $120 reward). It's all I can afford. I don't know what else I can do other than get the word out there and promote it.

There're a lot ideas throughout the forum topics like begging celebrities YouTubers like AlphaOmegaSin and Happy Console Gamer to make a video about the campaign, and stress the importance of the pledges instead of relying on SONY to bankroll the project as their support is yet be a solid deal. I've asked them too if they could do a quick playthrough to show the game a bit to newcomers. You could also ask friends around to do a twitch playthrough to get people interested in the series.
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby JMan » Sat Jun 20, 2015 4:25 am

Whoever thought of the idea to keep a separate donation page working following the Kickstarter is a genius. Shenmue 3 could easily attain $50,000,000 in extra funds till Dec 2017 - probably of which will also cover Shenmue 4's development.

We need to keep YS Net informed on this.
JMan
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Postby sand4fish » Sat Jun 20, 2015 4:28 am

NeoShredder wrote:

Oh, and like I posted earlier, can I suggest someone GIld one of Yu's posts? It's a reddit thing, to show appreciation. I would if I could right now.

That seems the plan :D

Don't we have pay for the Glld? I think I rather invest the money back to campaign :lol:
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby redline » Sat Jun 20, 2015 4:32 am

so shenmue 3 isnt going to be the last game? mmmm. dont know if i can take another cliffhanger. ](*,) i need it to end so i can die happy.
redline
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Reprise » Sat Jun 20, 2015 4:33 am

sand4fish wrote:
Reprise wrote: I just doubled my pledge ($60 reward to $120 reward). It's all I can afford. I don't know what else I can do other than get the word out there and promote it.

There're a lot ideas throughout the forum topics like begging celebrities YouTubers like AlphaOmegaSin and Happy Console Gamer to make a video about the campaign, and stress the importance of the pledges instead of relying on SONY to bankroll the project as their support is yet be a solid deal. I've asked them too if they could do a quick playthrough to show the game a bit to newcomers. You could also ask friends around to do a twitch playthrough to get people interested in the series.

Yeah, that seems like the best way. Also, I agree that adding a donate button to the site after the kick starter campaign should help. I'm glad someone asked Yu about that and he acknowledged that he's considering it.
Reprise
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Joe Pesci » Sat Jun 20, 2015 4:33 am

sand4fish wrote:
NeoShredder wrote:

That seems the plan :D

Don't we have pay for the Glld? I think I rather invest the money back to campaign :lol:

I gilded the main post. Now he has a gold star. At the very least it draws more attention to the AMA. I haven't even pledged to the campaign yet. I plan at least 300 but am waiting to see what other tiers look like.

Joe Pesci has received a thanks from: NeoShredder
Joe Pesci
sUk 4 Life
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Axm » Sat Jun 20, 2015 4:35 am

Last edited by Axm on Sat Jun 20, 2015 4:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby shredingskin » Sat Jun 20, 2015 4:36 am

Seems AMA ended with that awesome response.

A lot of people did the paypal post kickstarter, I don't know what does it mean for the other companies funding it, but it'll be a swallow flip of money till the game gets released.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Reprise » Sat Jun 20, 2015 4:38 am

redline wrote: so shenmue 3 isnt going to be the last game? mmmm. dont know if i can take another cliffhanger. ](*,) i need it to end so i can die happy.

On the other hand though, do you really want a rushed and condensed story, just for the sake of it ending? I'd rather we get Yu Suzuki's true vision for the game and series, with as few sacrifices as possible, whether that means we have to wait for Shenmue 4 or even 5... As annoying as that is, since I want to experience the full story too.
Reprise
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III