Lets remake the Kickstarter video

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Lets remake the Kickstarter video

Postby Glorious_Basterd » Sat Jun 20, 2015 6:23 pm

Esppiral wrote: Riken made a glorious video some time ago.

phpBB [video]

I really like it.

Wow, that gave me goosebumps. Nicely done
Glorious_Basterd
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Amir » Sat Jun 20, 2015 6:57 pm

Jibby wrote: Ok, so here's a second version which focuses more on the achievements of the first two games and uses them as an incentive to back the kickstarter for the third. I also outline that the majority of funding comes from us and that the more we pledge the more we get in return. I want to add a section to the video which explains the stretch goals (right after it cuts off) but I'll probably do that tomorrow. Hope you guys like it!
phpBB [video]

and is it just me or is the layout of the last few posts broken?

Looking great, man! And yeah, the layout of the posts above yours is broken in my browser, too.

Seeing that motorcycle race to get Nozomi brings back memories. I couldn't complete it for ages because I fucked up both my Dreamcast controllers' R triggers from Crazy Dashing/Limit Cutting all the time in Crazy Taxi: one of them was loose so it'd get stuck all the time, and the other wouldn't go down all the way so I couldn't go full speed on the bike in Shenmue!
Amir
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Steam: AmirMoosavi
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Vanquish (PC)

Postby Doom_Infinite » Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:12 pm

Omg. I had to sign up for this alone. I've been a long time lurker (and I mean very long time). Jibby's Preview 2 is exceptional.

I feel if it could be edited up with at least the video footage of Suzuki giving the main sentences describing his return to the game and how many have asked for it for so long. After that (if Jibby is alright with it) it should be mass sent to Suzuki san's Twitter feed so that he can be allowed to use it on the mainpage of the Kickstarter. It's much much better than the one they have. Huge thanks to Jibby for this awesome trailer.
Last edited by Doom_Infinite on Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Doom_Infinite has received 2 thanks from: Esppiral, Jibby
Doom_Infinite
Master of the Three Blades

Postby Jibby » Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:13 pm

Amir wrote:
Looking great, man! And yeah, the layout of the posts above yours is broken in my browser, too.

Seeing that motorcycle race to get Nozomi brings back memories. I couldn't complete it for ages because I fucked up both my Dreamcast controllers' R triggers from Crazy Dashing/Limit Cutting all the time in Crazy Taxi: one of them was loose so it'd get stuck all the time, and the other wouldn't go down all the way so I couldn't go full speed on the bike in Shenmue!

Haha, good times! I loved Crazy Taxi. Would always play as Gus or Hot D. Could never do the bowling pins minigame though :sad:
Jibby
I see.
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Doom_Infinite » Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:17 pm

I guess my message went unnoticed since Jibby posted just a few seconds after I did lol.
Doom_Infinite

Postby 7heavens » Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:20 pm

The followintg vid shows some clips of.good.fight scenes. U may wnt to add a section demonstrating the in depth combat system.

https://youtu.be/DOdMH6MSa30

7heavens has received a thanks from: BigTuna
7heavens

Postby Yokosuka » Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:25 pm

Esppiral wrote: Here it is another one from the youtube channel Dreamcasters, It looks superb and I don't know how they managed to make it run at 60 fps :shock:

phpBB [video]

My fav : the colors, the pace, the music, the simplicity, the 60 fps, beautiful ! Too much spoilers however.

And my favorite fight video :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sbC1kyEuxs
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby FistOfTheNorthStar » Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:37 pm

If this gets remade it needs to have the feel of really being epic. High quality texts, music, voiceovers, edits and cuts.

I'd suggest starting off with a montage of Iwao and Lan Di fighting, followed by a well written and voice over. I have the time to write and record an audio file of sorts with a professional quality microphone.

No video editing software otherwise I'd make an attempt to create something the community would really enjoy. But I do have some talent in clarity in my voice as well as a good voice for these types of videos.
FistOfTheNorthStar

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx

Postby Jibby » Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:39 pm

Doom_Infinite wrote: Omg. I had to sign up for this alone. I've been a long time lurker (and I mean very long time). Jibby's Preview 2 is exceptional.

I feel if it could be edited up with at least the video footage of Suzuki giving the main sentences describing his return to the game and how many have asked for it for so long. After that (if Jibby is alright with it) it should be mass sent to Suzuki san's Twitter feed so that he can be allowed to use it on the mainpage of the Kickstarter. It's much much better than the one they have. Huge thanks to Jibby for this awesome trailer.

Thank you so much! It really means a lot to me to hear something like that :D
Jibby
I see.
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Amir » Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:46 pm

Jibby wrote:
Amir wrote:

Haha, good times! I loved Crazy Taxi. Would always play as Gus or Hot D. Could never do the bowling pins minigame though :sad:

FUCK THAT BOWLING MINI-GAME.

I tried to complete the final bowling level last summer, came so close a couple of times, I rage-quit after about half an hour.

Amir has received a thanks from: Jibby
Amir
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Doom_Infinite » Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:49 pm

Amir wrote:
Jibby wrote:
Amir wrote:

FUCK THAT BOWLING MINI-GAME.

I tried to complete the final bowling level last summer, came so close a couple of times, I rage-quit after about half an hour.

But it's true. :D

Other tweaks I can think of that could improve it would be to put the sentences in the center, semi transparent and have them fade away. Having them at the bottom while the action is in the center may lead to some of the text being unread. It's really great stuff.
Doom_Infinite

Postby Jibby » Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:52 pm

Doom_Infinite wrote:
But it's true. :D

Other tweaks I can think of that could improve it would be to put the sentences in the center, semi transparent and have them fade away. Having them at the bottom while the action is in the center may lead to some of the text being unread. It's really great stuff.

Good idea! I'll keep it in mind!
Jibby
I see.
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Amir » Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:55 pm

Maybe have a couple of 3-sec clips of Outrun and Virtua Fighter behind the intro text? Not Hang-On since you show that later in the arcade bit.
Amir
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Jibby » Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:59 pm

Amir wrote: Maybe have a couple of 3-sec clips of Outrun and Virtua Fighter behind the intro text? Not Hang-On since you show that later in the arcade bit.

Added to my notepad list :)

Jibby has received a thanks from: Amir
Jibby
I see.
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Doom_Infinite » Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:59 pm

Amir wrote: Maybe have a couple of 3-sec clips of Outrun and Virtua Fighter behind the intro text? Not Hang-On since you show that later in the arcade bit.

That also sounds like a great idea. Maybe an idea would be to have them in small sub screens within the screen. Also Virtua Cop was also designed by Yu Suzuki and light gun games were greatly influenced by it so I would include footage of Virtua Cop 2 too perhaps.
Doom_Infinite

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III