Lets remake the Kickstarter video

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Lets remake the Kickstarter video

Postby joka » Sun Jun 21, 2015 5:52 am

Great video so far! I was going to mention the Kickstarter logo but Ziming went one step further :D

I'd also say the last section needs trimming by like a millisecond so Shenhua doesn't flash up before Yu.

In regards to fight scenes has to be Don Nui surely!

Also probably a bit late now but I'd have a section about the emotional/relationship element with somr clips of the friends that Ryo has made along the way as aside from the technical/gaming elements this is what really sets Shenmue apart from most other gaming series and why fans have such a strong connection.
joka
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: C_U_NexTime
Currently playing: Phantom Pain

Postby Jibby » Sun Jun 21, 2015 9:02 am

Thank you for the huge amount of feedback! I'll be working on the final version today and will try and incorporate all of the feedback. The only thing I might have problems doing is changing the montage as it was already pre-built with that amazing footage (the footage isn't available in full so I can't make my own montage) but I'll do my best to make it go better with the music. Thanks :D
(I should add, I'm not just letting the montage roll and putting text over it, that would be lazy and uncreative. I'm picking certain scenes from the montage and putting them where it fits in with what the text is saying.)
Jibby
I see.
Alpha Trading Boss

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Doom_Infinite » Sun Jun 21, 2015 2:17 pm

This is complete nitpicking but in the center when you write QTE I would actually write Quick Time Events. Just sounds and looks more esthetic than a 3 letter word in my opinion.

Oh and one more thing, i think the 3 in the Shenmue III logo at the end should be a III. I know the Kickstarter messed up by writing a 3 in the title though. : /

I think someone else kindly made some logos for use in a thread below. Might be cool to use it here.

Looking forward to seeing the update.
Doom_Infinite
Master of the Three Blades

Postby freakycritter » Sun Jun 21, 2015 2:35 pm

Doom_Infinite wrote:
Amir wrote:
Doom_Infinite wrote:
Amir wrote: Maybe have a couple of 3-sec clips of Outrun and Virtua Fighter behind the intro text? Not Hang-On since you show that later in the arcade bit.

That also sounds like a great idea. Maybe an idea would be to have them in small sub screens within the screen. Also Virtua Cop was also designed by Yu Suzuki and light gun games were greatly influenced by it so I would include footage of Virtua Cop 2 too perhaps.

I don't think Virtua Cop is as well-known, though. Hell, I forgot about it until you mentioned it :P

It isn't so well known but it inspired and influenced more popular light gun games like Time Crisis and House of the Dead. I think many Saturn era fans definitely remember the two Virtua Cop titles as well since they were top sellers on the system. Definitely wouldn't hurt to put some footage in but that's just my opinion.

V3 is even better. I wish Suzuki san could share the original footage of himself from the Kickstarter without the cheesy text overlays and documentary type dub so that you could use it in your video. :( This would make for such a superior video for the Kickstarter page imo.

Suzuki doesn't credit himself with Virtua Cop tough, he was Supervisor/Producer on that one...

Suzuki seems only attached to something when he was director, which the video showed anyway so all is well.
IMO, Yu Suzuki doesn't need selling, anyone with a half a brain could just google and see that he is a pioneer. That is what people need to know...not necesarily the franchises (which many of which are recognizable to kids these days)
freakycritter
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Doom_Infinite » Sun Jun 21, 2015 2:41 pm

Actually according to these sites he was the designer / creator of Virtua Cop.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtua_Cop
(look on the right side)

http://www.gamefaqs.com/saturn/375823-virtua-cop/credit

This page also says he created Virtua Cop.
http://segaretro.org/Yu_Suzuki

I think it shows serious versatility.
Doom_Infinite

Postby Namron_Bearded » Sun Jun 21, 2015 2:56 pm

Wow this video is really exciting ! May I suggest that the Kickstarter logo has a kind of blade reflection effect in the end ? (I mean, moving from the left to the right) Anyway, great job ! Oh and I think I saw the girl's face in the end, very quickly. Maybe that was a sort of bug ?
Namron_Bearded
Asia Travel Representative

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: F-Zero GP Legend

Postby Jibby » Sun Jun 21, 2015 3:04 pm

Namron_Bearded wrote: Wow this video is really exciting ! May I suggest that the Kickstarter logo has a kind of blade reflection effect in the end ? (I mean, moving from the left to the right) Anyway, great job ! Oh and I think I saw the girl's face in the end, very quickly. Maybe that was a sort of bug ?

Yes, Shenhua's face wasn't supposed to show up. That will be fixed in the final version. I'll also see about adding that to the logo.

I'm almost finished the final version, but I'm not going to post it for another day or two, just so that I can really polish it and add in any last minute thoughts.

Jibby has received a thanks from: Amir
Jibby
I see.
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby freakycritter » Sun Jun 21, 2015 3:07 pm

That wikipedia page is wrong

http://segaretro.org/Virtua_Cop Extracted from the credits, he is producer/supervisor from Virtua Cop.

If you look at the YS.Net page, his english part of the resume only has the titles he directed, which he himself attributes himself the most to, and wants himself advertise the most to. The producer part is in Japanese.

Of course he was producer and helmed AM2 through many games, had influence etc. It's because of his army of successfull arcade developers that he justifies the losses on Shenmue on AM2 making big profits in the arcades that recouped the cost easily! If anything it shows that he knows how to manage efficiently and has business sense.

Just a small tangent.
freakycritter
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Doom_Infinite » Sun Jun 21, 2015 3:23 pm

You appear to be right. All over the web they have placed misinformation about this.

http://www.giantbomb.com/virtua-cop-2/3 ... 1/credits/

Among many others.

Either that or that Segaretro credits listing is wrong. I feel like replaying one of the titles to find out.
Doom_Infinite

Postby raunchy » Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:53 pm

Hey, if you still want a voice-over, can you send me all the text you are gonna use in your final video like a script. Then I can voice it and send a file back to you? I'll PM you my e-mail.
raunchy

Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Waiting for Fall games

Postby Doom_Infinite » Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:59 pm

Are you a voice actor? Sounds cool. :'p
Doom_Infinite

Postby raunchy » Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:16 pm

People say i have a nice voice, hahaha. I have a decent mic, but i can do it and if it sucks then we dont have to use it. Just thought it would be nicer than plain text

raunchy has received a thanks from: Bambi
raunchy

Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Waiting for Fall games

Postby Jibby » Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:45 pm

Just a little progress update. I've finished the video and sent an email to Raunchy regarding the voiceover. Just waiting for him to get that done now so I can add it in. Then I'll upload it as a public video for people to share around.

Jibby has received a thanks from: alexironaek
Jibby
I see.
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Amir » Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:04 pm

Jibby wrote: Just a little progress update. I've finished the video and sent an email to Raunchy regarding the voiceover. Just waiting for him to get that done now so I can add it in. Then I'll upload it as a public video for people to share around.

Is it OK for us to see the version without a voiceover as well?
Amir
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Steam: AmirMoosavi
Currently playing: Vanquish (PC)

Postby Jibby » Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:04 pm

Amir wrote:
Jibby wrote: Just a little progress update. I've finished the video and sent an email to Raunchy regarding the voiceover. Just waiting for him to get that done now so I can add it in. Then I'll upload it as a public video for people to share around.

Is it OK for us to see the version without a voiceover as well?

Do you mean as a preview or as a public video? If you mean a preview, then I can render and upload it right now in preview quality, but if you mean as a public final, I'll upload it at the same time as I upload the voiceover version (I'm going to render in 1080p 60fps for the final instead of 720p 30fps)
Jibby
I see.
Alpha Trading Boss

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III