Re: Lets remake the Kickstarter video

Postby Doom_Infinite » Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:08 pm

Epic video. Looking forward to hearing the dub version as well. ^^
Doom_Infinite
Master of the Three Blades

Postby ShenmueTree » Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:11 pm

Jibby wrote: Ok guys, here is the last preview. This preview shows the video in as it will be in the public final. I'm just waiting for the voiceover and then I'll upload the final as a public video for you all to share around. (So please don't share around this one just yet!) Thanks!

phpBB [video]

Sorry to the person who requested that the logo be changed. The "3" logo worked a lot better when merged with the Kickstarter logo, so I decided to stick with it.

I'd suggest a build up to Shenmue that has more depth. Focus at least 10 seconds on each retro Suzuki game. Jumbling all together at the same time kind of gives off the impression that they don't matter much but in reality they are actually very important and show that Shenmue was a game that Suzuki has been building up to all the time while making those other games. You have to show the contrast between them and Shenmue to show just how significant the game was to his career and talent. It also shows exactly what games Suzuki was involved in in the past, which I feel the kickstarter video doesn't really do well at all.

There may be people out there that are fans of his games but do not even know it. Most videos I see appear as if they're made only for fans of Shenmue when they should be made for anybody that are fans of games, period.
Last edited by ShenmueTree on Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ShenmueTree
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Ziming » Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:13 pm

Why is the logo in the intro shaking? Try the using the Shenmue 3 logos provided below and making it a still image. This is just for the beginning, what you have at the end is fine.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=47899
Ziming
Banned
Banned

Postby Doom_Infinite » Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:17 pm

IMO problem with too much footage of his accomplishments is that it detracts from Shenmue itself.
Doom_Infinite

Postby ShenmueTree » Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:24 pm

Doom_Infinite wrote: IMO problem with too much footage of his accomplishments is that it detracts from Shenmue itself.

While this is true, I don't feel that 5 or 10 second clips from each IP would distract much at all. I feel it's very important that viewers understand what other games Yu Suzuki has made other than Shenmue.
ShenmueTree
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby dci260 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:26 pm

Jibby wrote:
Ok guys, here is the last preview. This preview shows the video in as it will be in the public final. I'm just waiting for the voiceover and then I'll upload the final as a public video for you all to share around. (So please don't share around this one just yet!) Thanks!

phpBB [video]

Sorry to the person who requested that the logo be changed. The "3" logo worked a lot better when merged with the Kickstarter logo, so I decided to stick with it.

Hello, I made an account because I wanted to tell you that you did a fantastic job! Your video quickly highlights what makes Shenmue special for those who wouldn't already know, and it is already significantly better than the current video they are using on the KickStarter. My only REAL complain is something that has already been voiced here -
Doom_Infinite wrote: Oh and one more thing, i think the 3 in the Shenmue III logo at the end should be a III. I know the Kickstarter messed up by writing a 3 in the title though. : /

I agree with this because I believe you should stick with the logo that the game is actually going to use.
(And I think roman numerals fit better with Shenmue) =P

Ziming wrote: Why is the logo in the intro shaking? Try the using the Shenmue 3 logos provided below and making it a still image. This is just for the beginning, what you have at the end is fine.

I sort of agree that the shaking should be changed as well, but it isn't really a big deal in the grand scheme of things.

All in all, nice work!
Last edited by dci260 on Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
dci260
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby Jibby » Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:28 pm

Ziming wrote: Why is the logo in the intro shaking? Try the using the Shenmue 3 logos provided below and making it a still image. This is just for the beginning, what you have at the end is fine.

It's the "wiggle" expression in After Effects. I just thought it made it seem more dramatic. I'll redo it with the other logo and without the shaking, but the "Shenmue 3 Kickstarter" bit will remain the same because of the way it fits together.
Jibby
I see.
Alpha Trading Boss

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Jibby » Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:30 pm

ShenmueTree wrote:
Doom_Infinite wrote: IMO problem with too much footage of his accomplishments is that it detracts from Shenmue itself.

While this is true, I don't feel that 5 or 10 second clips from each IP would distract much at all. I feel it's very important that viewers understand what other games Yu Suzuki has made other than Shenmue.

I'm afraid I can't make any major changes. I've gotten everything to sync together and to add or remove anything this far in would throw it off.
Jibby
I see.
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Jibby » Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:39 pm

dci260 wrote:
Hello, I made an account because I wanted to tell you that you did a fantastic job! Your video quickly highlights what makes Shenmue special for those who wouldn't already know, and it is already significantly better than the current video they are using on the KickStarter.
All in all, nice work!

Thank you! I've fixed the issues mentioned in your post.
Jibby
I see.
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Amir » Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:46 pm

On the subject of Roman numerals, for consistency it'd be better as "Shenmue I & II" at 0:30 as opposed to "Shenmue I & 2".
Amir
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Steam: AmirMoosavi
Currently playing: Vanquish (PC)

Postby raunchy » Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:49 pm

ok i sent jibby the voice files. i'm not a pro, and i wasn't sure how much to ham it up, but whatever. if its too cheesy then the text will be fine. :P

raunchy has received 2 thanks from: Jibby, PacemaŜinobo
raunchy
Asia Travel Representative

Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Waiting for Fall games

Postby Doom_Infinite » Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:54 pm

These are super nitpicky but I thought I'd throw them in anyway. When the action starts and you place the texts with an effect where they fly from outside of the screen into the center (I know there's a name in after effects but don't remember) at a slow pace. I would actually speed it up and have the words smaller. Maybe you already have but I'd also experiment with bold or all caps, since it's just words and not phrases it can sometimes look more aesthetic, but this might depend on the font used.

As for when they reappear at the bottom, I would have them overlayed (probably still in caps like DAY / NIGHT CYCLE for example) over some grey bar or something like that but maybe it's more trouble than it's worth.
Doom_Infinite

Postby Jibby » Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:45 pm

Look what's rendering!
It's 2:30am here, so once this has finished rendering, it will be uploaded tomorrow as a public video.
I'm going to make a new thread for it as this one has become quite cluttered with the production process. I really hope it makes a difference to the campaign.
Also, thank you Raunchy for the epic voiceover!

Jibby has received 2 thanks from: Arm Wrestler, Mr357
Jibby
I see.
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Mr357 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:30 pm

I don't at all mean to downplay your hard work, but the real challenge is yet to come. We need all of the help we can get in order to get YS.net to actually use this video, even if it is definitively better. Excellent job though Jibby; I really hope it pays off.

Mr357 has received 2 thanks from: Arm Wrestler, Jibby
Mr357
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby raunchy » Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:04 am

Make a version without voice as well because i dont think my voice sounds that good ahaha oh well
raunchy

Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Waiting for Fall games

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III