The PS4 Physical Copy Issue & the $10 Million Goal Struggle

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: The PS4 Physical Copy Issue & the $10 Million Goal Strug

Postby ys » Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:53 pm

I've always preferred physical console copies. Like Three Blades, It's also easier here in case someone needs the pc for things that can't be done on the laptop. And I also liked Shenmue's artwork and wouldn't mind a Dreamcast copy next to the rest ;) But I don't let it stop me from buying good download-only titles. So I have eventually bought a few games through Steam (one of them also revived on Kickstarter) or things like Journey, The Walking Dead etc.
And especially for Shenmue, I felt that my preferences are trivial compared to supporting the series and getting a new game. So I went for 175 USD and will see if 300 is possible. Sure, maybe a PS4 disc version might show up (as a stretch goal?) but I wanted to see Yu reach certain goals first before worrying about that.

One disadvantage with Steam, PSN etc. though : http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=931303
ys
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Three Blades » Sat Jun 20, 2015 9:42 pm

And especially for Shenmue, I felt that my preferences are trivial compared to supporting the series and getting a new game

Yeah, in this case I think we should all feel that way. It baffles me that some people call themselves Shenmue fans, but can't get over the fact of not having a physical copy. This is Shenmue we're talking about, people! If I'm able to overcome my disdain for digital/PC games, so can you, and as a Shenmue fan, you should!

Besides, you can always buy the disc in stores later! I will definitely do that as well, on top of having supported the kickstarter.
Three Blades
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Himuro » Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:44 pm

I cannot realistically call someone who won't put down more money because there's no physical ps4 copy a Shenmue fan. No elitism here, but it's how I feel. I'm putting in overtime so I can hopefully afford the 170 tier just so I can show Suzuki how much I love him and vision.

Himuro has received a thanks from: Hazuki_san
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby James Brown » Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:06 pm

Himuro wrote: I cannot realistically call someone who won't put down more money because there's no physical ps4 copy a Shenmue fan. No elitism here, but it's how I feel. I'm putting in overtime so I can hopefully afford the 170 tier just so I can show Suzuki how much I love him and vision.

I agree with this, how on earth, when as Shenmue fans, this is our time to prove how much we love the series and want to make sure it's the best it can be, alot of us are holding back because of a lack of a physical PS4?? You would get a physical PC version anyways, so there's no worry about digital content being lost, and you're helping the game to be the best it can be before it's made. Once it's released and Sony ultimately release a physical copy in 2 and a half years time, you won't even be in a position to be worried about having already previously spent a larger amount of money on Shenmue 3, because obviously you'll be in a different financial state anyways, and you'll see that everyones best efforts went into and created the best possible version of Shenmue 3 that could have been made. Please don't hold back, think of it as a 14 year investment, and push a much as you realistically can, you can always re-earn money, obviously don't completely shaft yourself and put you in a bad position, but if you've pledged $29 and you're not willing to double it because of something mundane like a physical ps4, just double it man, if you can, you should, it's the only chance we have, and the only time you'll be able to prove that this is the game we deserve.

James Brown has received a thanks from: Hazuki_san
James Brown
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

XBL: skilljimmeh
Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Thief » Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:25 pm

Ok, let's be real here for a second. Nobody is obligated to put down ANY money on Shenmue -- fan or otherwise. If someone wants a PS4 physical copy of Shenmue III and it's not being offered, then they are by no means required to give what is -- at that point -- essentially charity in order to retain their status as "Shenmue fan". That's absolutely ridiculous.

Thief has received a thanks from: MiTT3NZ
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Yama » Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:29 pm

I can't believe people still care about things such as time to install, having a box, etc when we are talking about FUCKING SHENMUE III!! Man, how quick the dust settles... Go back to the cave, take some time to look at the no exit sign, then come back and discuss preference. Pledge or gtfo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yama has received 5 thanks from: Giorgio, Hazuki_san, MiTT3NZ, sand4fish, Sonoshee
Yama
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue Dojo Owner

PSN: YamaMX

Postby Sonoshee » Sun Jun 21, 2015 2:29 am

Thief wrote: Ok, let's be real here for a second.

The reality here is 14 years since the last title. There's no real excuse for anyone claiming to love Shenmue not to pledge at least something to keep the franchise alive.

Sonoshee has received 2 thanks from: Hazuki_san, sand4fish
Sonoshee
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby sand4fish » Sun Jun 21, 2015 4:25 am

Four homeless men decide to make a soup together by finding the ingredients individually. One collects carrots, the second gets the spices while the third man finds the spuds, and finally the last man travels to get the water. When they all managed to gather the ingredients necessary for the said soup, they don't bother putting all of them into the soup because the men thought the soup would taste just as good with just 2 ingredients. So each one decides to hide away most of their ingredients and in the end they all drank hot water, looking funny at each other.
Last edited by sand4fish on Sun Jun 21, 2015 6:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Thief » Sun Jun 21, 2015 4:32 am

Kickstarter is not a charity. Nobody is less of a fan because they aren't throwing money at Shenmue III. That's bullshit.

Sonoshee wrote:

The reality here is 14 years since the last title. There's no real excuse for anyone claiming to love Shenmue not to pledge at least something to keep the franchise alive.

These people have pledged something, $29 for what they want.
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby joka » Sun Jun 21, 2015 4:48 am

I don't agree that to be considered a true Shenmue fan you HAVE to give the most you possibly can- that's just ott and is elitism really.

I do agree that you should at least pledge the minimum just to show your core support as none of us had any real hope S3 was going to happen so now it is you should be putting the minimum down to show you support Yu and the continuation of the Shenmue saga.

If people want to hold out pledging more for certain rewards like a physical ps4 copy that's fair enough- I've pledged a fair bit but if a new higher tier was added that included a physical ps4 copy I'd probably raise it as I (like many Shenmue fans) would like to add it to my physical collection.

That's whole point of having different rewards- to appeal to different people and potentially entice people to up their pledges.
joka
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: C_U_NexTime
Currently playing: Phantom Pain

Postby Yama » Sun Jun 21, 2015 4:57 am

Exactly. It's not the amount per person, just pledge what you can and be on your way. But please, don't give less out of spite for no physical copy. That's ridiculous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yama
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue Dojo Owner

PSN: YamaMX

Postby joka » Sun Jun 21, 2015 4:57 am

Thief wrote: Kickstarter is not a charity. Nobody is less of a fan because they aren't throwing money at Shenmue III. That's bullshit.

Sonoshee wrote:

These people have pledged something, $29 for what they want.

Sonoshee is talking about the fans who are not pledging anything at all because of no physical ps4 copy or something else I think.

Most people on here wouldn't be criticising any $29 backers surely?! Yu certainly wouldn't so who are we to..
joka
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: C_U_NexTime
Currently playing: Phantom Pain

Postby sand4fish » Sun Jun 21, 2015 5:05 am

Maybe some people will feel better spending their money at a Redbubble campaign T-shirt (all proceeds go towards the campaign):

sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Reprise » Sun Jun 21, 2015 5:13 am

sand4fish wrote:
Maybe some people will feel better spending their money at a Redbubble campaign T-shirt (all proceeds go towards the campaign):

Is that legit and reputable? If so, I wouldn't mind picking up a campaign t-shirt. Just as long as the proceeds are definitely going straight to the kickstarter.
Reprise
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby sand4fish » Sun Jun 21, 2015 5:16 am

Yes, they are a legit company from Australia. There are plenty of reviews if you google them, including YouTube videos.
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III