No Japan in Shenmue 3, Confirmed.

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: No Japan in Shenmue 3, Confirmed.

Postby Thief » Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:01 am

Could be an equivocation of the word "like".

places like Japan and China -- to be meant as actually Japan and China
places like Japan and China -- to be meant as places that share similar qualities to Japan and China

likely a translation error or just a flat out lie though.

Thief has received a thanks from: Hyo Razuki
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Rakim » Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:09 am

Is it really that necessary to go to Japan for the game to be good? There wasn't any Japan in the 2nd game and that was by far the better of the two we got so far. I never really expected any major developments to take place in Japan after the 1st game anyway.

Rakim has received 2 thanks from: OL, Thief
Rakim
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Latin King » Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:48 am

I'm not surprised really. You could tell from the end of Shenmue II that the next game was going to take place throughout smaller towns and villages of China, and that's totally fine with me. I think Ryo will go back to Japan at the very end of the story, so that way the story will come kind of "full circle".
Latin King
West Coast
Master of the Three Blades

Postby ImGladUmad » Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:09 pm

Rakim wrote: Is it really that necessary to go to Japan for the game to be good? There wasn't any Japan in the 2nd game and that was by far the better of the two we got so far. I never really expected any major developments to take place in Japan after the 1st game anyway.

Shenmue 1 was a way better game than Shenmue 2 IMO.

I guess Chinese village won't be that bad, I hope for the best. :D

ImGladUmad has received a thanks from: Henry Spencer
ImGladUmad
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Thief » Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:40 pm

I as well prefer Shenmue II to Shenmue I, mainly for me it has to do with the cast and locations in Shenmue II. Xiuying and Fangmei at the Man Mo Temple, the four Wude, Ren + the entirety of Kowloon. These are all some of my favorite things in all of gaming. I love Shenmue I but I found Shenmue II just so much better. Both are obviously amazing though.

Thief has received a thanks from: Latin King
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Himuro » Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:51 pm

Shenmue II owns. What is with the Japan fascination. It literally says in the prologue of I that Ryo will be leaving Japan to go to China.
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby Latin King » Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:23 pm

Thief wrote: I as well prefer Shenmue II to Shenmue I, mainly for me it has to do with the cast and locations in Shenmue II. Xiuying and Fangmei at the Man Mo Temple, the four Wude, Ren + the entirety of Kowloon. These are all some of my favorite things in all of gaming. I love Shenmue I but I found Shenmue II just so much better. Both are obviously amazing though.

This is exactly how I feel about the Shenmue games. I love the first Shenmue but Shenmue II is just epic in scope.
Latin King
West Coast
Master of the Three Blades

Postby shenmueilike » Sun Jun 21, 2015 2:19 am

by what suzuki said ,shenmue will take place not just limited in guilin but also in XI AN,HENAN,SHANGHAI and so on.

GUILIN maybe just a station of the whole story line ,even in shenmue3 we could see RYO transported to others citys of china.

and i wonder if you guys know about the chinese martial arts master------Wu Lianzhi, he is the special artial professinal of VR FIGHTER and shenmue series ,yu suzuki has vistit him about 1990 and study chinese martial art -----bajiquan . thats the style what Akira Yuki used to fight in vr fighter.and ryo hazuki also use this style for some time ,just like the last move what master TAOLISHAO taught to ryo ,that Move called 外门顶肘 in chinese ,its a special powerful move in BAJIQUAN,could take one's life by an attack accurately .

Wu Lianzhi lives in a village called MENGCUN, thats the place where LANDI's father dead . so we can forecast ,MENGCUN will be the important place in shenmue and got possibility to occur in the future of the game.
shenmueilike
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx

Previous

Return to Shenmue III