Twitter push to reach $10 Million! | #10MillionToShenmue3

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Twitter push to reach $10 Million! | #10MillionToShenmue3

Postby Rikitatsu » Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:24 am

Yu Suzuki just dropped this bombshell:

So unless you guys want to play Shenmue 3-lite, then we gotta push this to $10 Million, in anyway we can. So I thought we could take advantage of the social media to help with that.

#10MillionToShenmue3

In this hashtag, we will focus on the following:

- Explain that Yu Suzuki needs at least $10M from Kickstarter funding to make Shenmue 3 the proper Open World experience we all knew and loved.

- Clear the misunderstanding that Sony is footing the bill for the project, more information here.

- Overall promote the Shenmue series so that it might catch the interest of non-fans.

What say you? Am I going to find some energy here? or just cynicism? If this hashtags catches on, I'll create graphics like Avatars and sigs to help promote it.

#10MillionToShenmue3

Last edited by Rikitatsu on Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:59 pm, edited 9 times in total.

Rikitatsu
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Re: Hashtag Twitter Campaign to Get Shenmue 3 to $10M

Postby Axm » Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:36 am

I'd love to do it. Just wonder what the 500k admins and Team Yu think of the hashtag aswell as ofcourse we all have to be on the same page for what we tweet out.
Either way it's clear, we have to tweet something new to make an impact other than just #saveshenmue again.
Propose this to 500k and Team Yu and see whats up. Besides that im down. I'll tweet anything.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Luke_09 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:40 am

Great idea!

Nice to see members of this forum actively doing something to help promote the fact this KickStarter needs every penny it can get and to highlight that most of the funding will be coming from KickStarter.

How do you think we can try to combat this misunderstanding? It seems to be that all of the hardcore Shenmue fans know about it, but we need to get the message out to the masses and to the more casual shenmue fans / first-time players.

I was thinking about trying to contact gaming websites to see if they can try to correct themselves on what they've said? A lot of people are making a lot of assumptions purely because Sony said they would be 'getting behind Yu Suzuki'

As a big Shenmue fan myself, it's so frustrating to see the KickStarter total currently stalling and to feel powerless to change that!

Luke_09 has received 2 thanks from: mjq jazz bar, Sonne2
Luke_09
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx

Postby b_ren » Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:45 am

I second the idea about getting the Shenmue 500k involved!
b_ren
of Heavens
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Rikitatsu » Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:08 am

Let's do this shit.

Something quick and dirty to tweet with:

I'll register in 500k and Team Yu and see what they have to say. EDIT: Wait, can someone link me their forums? Do they even have forums or something?

Rikitatsu has received a thanks from: Amir
Rikitatsu
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby alexironaek » Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:11 am

maybe we should make a youtube video titled "what is shenmue and why you should fund it" and share it all over the internet...
alexironaek
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Postby Luke_09 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:19 am

I feel that we also need to get this information to the larger gaming websites too.
Like: IGN, Gamespot, Gametrailers etc
These sites have access to a huge gamer fanbase
Luke_09
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx

Postby Yokosuka » Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:21 am

We should insist more about Sony not financing Shenmue 3.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Rocket League

Re: #10MillionToShenmue3 | Twitter push to reach $10M!

Postby Himuro » Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:26 am

As said in another thread, this is more than possible.

YSNet needs to enable PayPal donations for Shenmue III, as well as the ability to donate money after the Kickstarter ends so we can keep going.

This is how Star Citizen had over 84 million dollars donated towards it.

We need to keep pushing for those two things and we will make it.
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby Rikitatsu » Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:40 am

Himuro wrote: As said in another thread, this is more than possible.

YSNet needs to enable PayPal donations for Shenmue III, as well as the ability to donate money after the Kickstarter ends so we can keep going.

We shouldn't count on a possibility, YSNet might end up not setting PayPal donations after all (Seeing how mismanaged the KS Campaign has been so far). And even if they did, donations might be meager... I mean this is not Star Citizen, it's Shenmue 3. A game mostly aimed towards it's fans (And there aren't THAT many of them, at least not anymore).

Point is, we should operate under the assumption that a PayPal option won't be added... If it gets added? Cool, that's good. If it doesn't? At least we didn't rest on our laurels and pushed the Kickstarter to it's limits.
Rikitatsu
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Re: Twitter push to reach $10 Million! | #10MillionToShenmue

Postby Rikitatsu » Sat Jun 20, 2015 9:43 am

The hashtag is picking some steam after a tweet by @RikenProduction , everyone get on it, now!

I posted on Shenmue 500K and Team Yu Facebook pages, no Idea if they have forums or other means of communication.
Rikitatsu
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Set12 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:49 am

Rikitatsu wrote:
Himuro wrote: As said in another thread, this is more than possible.

We shouldn't count on a possibility, YSNet might end up not setting PayPal donations after all (Seeing how mismanaged the KS Campaign has been so far). And even if they did, donations might be meager... I mean this is not Star Citizen, it's Shenmue 3.

A better comparison would be to Bloodstained, which got nearly $200k in Paypal donations. Every little helps, whatever the amount.
Set12
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Postby Rikitatsu » Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:22 pm

Exactly, it would be great if we get PayPal, but we shouldn't count on it.
Rikitatsu
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Himuro » Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:37 pm

Rikitatsu wrote: Exactly, it would be great if we get PayPal, but we shouldn't count on it.

Where did I say we should rely on it? We need to cover all bases and it's a way to cover a base.
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby Rikitatsu » Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:42 pm

Himuro wrote:
Rikitatsu wrote: Exactly, it would be great if we get PayPal, but we shouldn't count on it.

Where did I say we should rely on it? We need to cover all bases and it's a way to cover a base.

Never said you did. I want people to focus on the Kickstarter instead of waiting for a PayPal announcement that may or may not happen.
Rikitatsu
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Next

Return to Shenmue III