$10 million

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: $10 million

Postby b_ren » Sat Jun 20, 2015 9:25 am

ElephantStone wrote: Never in a million years is this Kickstarter going to get even close to that. Open up a PayPal and take donations afterwards and maybe it'll reach it in a few months with Shenmue fans donating a good portion of their fucking annual salary toward it.

It's a shame because if the Kickstarter was done properly I think it'd have had a decent chance of getting $10M by itself. I'm really annoyed by Awesome Japan - due to their complete and utter incompetence, they're now asking Shenmue fans to pledge far more than they can possibly afford, otherwise we get a bare-bones version of the game we've been waiting 14 years for.

Seriously, fuck these shit cunts.

Erm, this kind of attitude doesn't exactly help. Have you actually bothered messaging YS Net on kickstarter?

Guys this is the first few days of the campaign. We have all waited 14 years for this so why are you willing to give up so easily?

b_ren has received 6 thanks from: 8bitRyo, Amir, JaySw34, Sonne2, Sonoshee, The_Intruder
b_ren
of Heavens
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby ElephantStone » Sat Jun 20, 2015 9:26 am

Rikitatsu wrote: Maybe we should do something about it: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=47844

... Instead of shouting about how impossible it would be.

I actually just saw that thread, and think it's a good idea. I support that.

Just saying, Awesome Japan fucking sucks and they need to be fired and replaced yesterday.

b_ren wrote:Erm, this kind of attitude doesn't exactly help. Have you actually bothered messaging YS Net on kickstarter?

Guys this is the first few days of the campaign. We have all waited 14 years for this so why are you willing to give up so easily?

I'm not trying to help with that comment, I'm giving my opinion on the topic. And yeah, I did actually. I asked them to put the stretch goals at the top of the page so people can actually see them - of course they've still not done that, though.
ElephantStone
Banned
Banned

Postby Shenhua-Nani? » Sat Jun 20, 2015 9:30 am

I'm not giving up i'm doing the best i can, but frankly if the kickstarter page doesn't get changed to attract new fans no way we'll get 10 millions, or even 6.

I mean the few gamer friends i have told me they heard that everyone got super excited after the announcement, but they have no idea what Shenmue is nor how they can play the first 2 games, so they don't really have a reason to pledge.

Can i blame them?
Shenhua-Nani?
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Sonoshee » Sat Jun 20, 2015 9:33 am

I'm waiting to get more cash so I can up my pledge from $500 to $1000. We hit over $3.4 today, so we're doing okay, we just need to keep spreading the news everywhere we can that we need to get as close to or over that $10 million as possible!
Last edited by Sonoshee on Sat Jun 20, 2015 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sonoshee
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby SMDzero » Sat Jun 20, 2015 9:34 am

The kickstarted would reach 10 mil if each of the 40k backers pledged $250.

Who wouldn't pay $250 for the real Shenmue 3 if it were on store shelves right now!?!?

Even if Shenmue 3 isn't totally filled out I think we've already played Shenmue with cut content.
Shenmue was getting smaller and smaller if we're honest... Yokosuka was 3 discs, Hong Kong was 2 discs, Kowloon was 1 disc, and Guilin was less than a full disc.
SMDzero
Banned
Banned

Postby Sonoshee » Sat Jun 20, 2015 9:35 am

SMDzero wrote: The kickstarted would reach 10 mil if each of the 40k backers pledged $250.

I'm a bit upset so many are only donating $5 or $29. I suppose beggars can't be choosers and at least they ARE donating unlike some, but still... :sad:
Sonoshee
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Shenhua-Nani? » Sat Jun 20, 2015 9:40 am

Sonoshee wrote:
SMDzero wrote: The kickstarted would reach 10 mil if each of the 40k backers pledged $250.

I'm a bit upset so many are only donating $5 or $29. I suppose beggars can't be choosers and at least they ARE donating unlike some, but still... :sad:

Well my plan is 29$ now to support the kickstarter and then buy the inevitable ps4 physical release day 1 to support sales.

But if more money is needed by the end of the ks i'll just say fuck it, and up it to 60$ for the pc physical version.
Shenhua-Nani?
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Chaikilla » Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:11 am

Sony will donate their $30M with 30 seconds of the Kickstarter remaining...

My dream told me so.
Chaikilla
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Postby redline » Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:19 am

quick. everyone go out and buy lottery tickets

redline has received a thanks from: The_Intruder
redline
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Sonoshee » Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:24 am

redline wrote: quick. everyone go out and buy lottery tickets

LOL Ikr? I was thinking last night if I had those millions, I'd drop pretty much everything I had into making the remaining games needed to finish the story the way Suzuki intended.
Sonoshee
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby James Brown » Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:32 am

Sonoshee wrote:
redline wrote: quick. everyone go out and buy lottery tickets

LOL Ikr? I was thinking last night if I had those millions, I'd drop pretty much everything I had into making the remaining games needed to finish the story the way Suzuki intended.

Haha, same, tbh i'm pretty surprised that there isn't 1 mega filthy rich super fan that could drop a huge donation in like 6 mil :D...where it's like a tenner to them. Do non of these premier league footballers play any video games besides fifa ](*,) ??

James Brown has received a thanks from: Sonoshee
James Brown
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

XBL: skilljimmeh

Postby Reprise » Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:10 am

Henry Spencer wrote: Need more backers than under 50,000 people for that to be possible. There's only so much around 50,000 people can contribute to bring it up as much in just one month...where's the other 500,000 people who bought Shenmue 1/Shenmue 2 now?

Agreed. And, unfortunately, I know a lot of people who like Shenmue, but haven't backed the Kickstarter because it's just simply something they don't do. They're neither passionate enough nor do they really want to give their money up front. Unfortunately, that's just what a lot of people are like. It's a bit like voting... "what's the point? My 'vote' won't really make much difference", only it's going to result in even more reluctance, because it's cash we're talking about.

That said, I'm personally surprised less than 50,000 people have backed it so far. I would have thought there would be more backers than that.
Reprise
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby ImGladUmad » Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:17 pm

Himuro wrote: You guys are looking at this narrow minded. It is more than possible.

YSNet needs to enable PayPal donations for Shenmue III, as well as the ability to donate money after the Kickstarter ends so we can keep going.

This is how Star Citizen had over 84 million dollars donated towards it.

We need to keep pushing for those two things and we will make it.

It's possible if you have a great trailer and concept like Star Citizen...easy for anybody to understand and they just keep impressing people.

Shenmue has nothing cool going for it for new fans...Trailer sucked....They havn't shown the cool concepts of a life simulator, they havn't shown things that push the boundaries for games..

Star Citizen showed things that pushed the boundaries for games and told us the goal of the dev team from the get go.
ImGladUmad
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby mjq jazz bar » Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:20 pm

It's a shame because if the Kickstarter was done properly I think it'd have had a decent chance of getting $10M by itself. I'm really annoyed by Awesome Japan - due to their complete and utter incompetence, they're now asking Shenmue fans to pledge far more than they can possibly afford, otherwise we get a bare-bones version of the game we've been waiting 14 years for.

I'm getting really annoyed by this sense of entitlement I'm seeing in these threads. Why do you deserve anything? At least they're working on making the third game a reality, when all hope was lost just a little while ago. It's still on track to be one of the most successful video game Kickstarters ever (if not the most successful). Some of you have really lost sight of reality.

Yu never said the $10 million needed to completely come from this 34-day Kickstarter. Outside funds, Paypal, etc. could contribute to the total. Calm down.

mjq jazz bar has received a thanks from: Reprise
mjq jazz bar
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: mortimerOA
Currently playing: Yakuza 0 & Ni No Kuni

Postby Reprise » Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:28 pm

ImGladUmad wrote:Shenmue has nothing cool going for it for new fans...Trailer sucked....They havn't shown the cool concepts of a life simulator, they havn't shown things that push the boundaries for games..

That's because Shenmue 3 isn't for new fans nor will it push the boundaries of games. Games have moved on in 14 years.

I'm sorry, but it will remain a niche game for niche audiences. And frankly, that's what I want. I want the game to be deep in Eastern culture, I want a game that allows me to partake in mundane and bizarre acts, like feeding kittens, wandering the streets (or countryside), engaging in random conversations with NPCs, collecting toy capsules, experiencing different weather transitions, having occasional fights with a deep combat mechanic etc.

If Shenmue was to appeal to anybody else but us, it would need to be Westernised, have loads more action, look like Skyrim and have a combat system that rips off the Batman Arkham series.

Reprise has received a thanks from: mjq jazz bar
Reprise
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III