We need to get Microsoft involved in Shenmue 3

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

We need to get Microsoft involved in Shenmue 3

Postby hazuki90 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 9:36 am

There is a reason why Shenmue 3 will not be exclusive to PS4. I think sony is only funding 20% of the game or maybe less. Ys net says they only developing for PS4 and PC at the moment but they dont rule out other platforms. I think they want to secure funding from Microsoft and Nintendo before releasing the game to their consoles.

I dont know about Nintendo and Im not sure anybody wants to play Shenmue 3 in Wii U but Xbox One is another story. Keep in mind Microsoft has the exclusive rights of Shenmue 2 in North America and I believe there was an article 2 months ago that the head of Xbox said Shenmue 3 is the most wanted game ever. He further tweeted that he would love Shenmue 3 in Xbox One but I believe he was worried about the budget and Sega commitment Now that Shenmue 3 is a reality, we should get them on board to help finance the game to the strech goals and getting Shenmue 3 to Xbox One along with PS4.

What do you think?
hazuki90
Asia Travel Representative

Favorite title: Shenmue

Re: We need to get Microsoft involved in Shenmue 3

Postby Henry Spencer » Sat Jun 20, 2015 9:38 am

If Microsoft would be willing to port it themselves to Xbox One, sure, but otherwise, this will surely drive UP costs for Shenmue 3 and that's the last thing we need right now with a $10 million goal...

I'd personally really like to see it on Xbox One too, since the buttons on the Xbox controller are as close to the Dreamcasts as we are ever going to get (like with the QTEs), plus to get a bigger audience.

Henry Spencer has received 3 thanks from: Axm, ShenmueTree, Sonoshee
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby myshtuff » Sat Jun 20, 2015 9:40 am

I think it would be a slap in the face to Sony if Microsoft got involved. They were the ones who helped this become a reality. Not Microsoft.

myshtuff has received a thanks from: Sonoshee
myshtuff
Dojo Dirtbag
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: Myshtuff
Steam: spivakar
Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Vito » Sat Jun 20, 2015 9:41 am

Xbox doesn't even function in Japan. It's like dog shit that nobody wants to step on so asking them for Shenmue to be on their console is out of the question. Nothing is wrong with PS4 and PC only.
Vito
Banned
Banned

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Mafia

Postby Axm » Sat Jun 20, 2015 9:47 am

It's far from our priorities right now. Probably the last thing we should be worrying about, no offense.
But after it's out?..well I guess...er no. Nope..
Just remember Sony is helping this project out alittle financially, atleast with marketing. I dont know of many competing companies being cool with an exclusivity deal being thrown out in favor of upping strained development costs just to make some Xbox fans happy.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby hazuki90 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 9:51 am

myshtuff wrote: I think it would be a slap in the face to Sony if Microsoft got involved. They were the ones who helped this become a reality. Not Microsoft.

Sony did a good job but still Im afraid that we dont get a full Shenmue experience due to lack of funding. Also we should try everything to ensure Suzuki has the funding he needs to complete the game.

Vito wrote: Xbox doesn't even function in Japan. It's like dog shit that nobody wants to step on so asking them for Shenmue to be on their console is out of the question. Nothing is wrong with PS4 and PC only.

Well maybe they will pay alot to get exclusivity in North America just like they did with Shenmue 2.

Axm wrote:
Just remember Sony is helping this project out alittle financially, atleast with marketing.

Well thats why I want Microsoft involvement. If you we want a true open world experience, kickstarter and Sony wont be enough. We need more investors and alot sums of money to reach 10M
hazuki90

Postby Henry Spencer » Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:01 am

Stop multiposting, please.

EDIT: Fixed it for, but please, just post all of the quotes into one post.
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby ShenmueTree » Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:13 am

1. Development is not cheap.
2. The most ideal goal right now is 10 million dollars to give an adequate Shenmue experience.
3. Andrew House has confirmed Shenmue 3 is PS4-Console Exclusive
4. Sony and Microsoft are competitors in the console market.
5. Porting to more platforms will require more money than the 10 million dollars they're hoping to achieve.

There is no way Microsoft can or should get involved as it would make things harder for the fans and for Yu Suzuki in the end. Why would they help in developing and funding a product that is exclusive to their competitor? Unless, It's Minecraft. ;)

A suggestion:

Recently Microsoft enabled Xbox 360 emulation on the Xbox One, which I know is a major feat. Emulating hardware is extremely difficult and getting a running emulator of the quality of 360s hardware on Xbox One hardware which is quite moderate in terms of processing power, and running at a stable frame rate and higher resolution is just amazing. I think that if Microsoft can get 360 games running on an Xbox One, then surely there is a way to make regular PC games working on it as well especially with the fact that the Xbox One will soon be running a version of Windows 10.

I think if anything you should push Microsoft to allow PC game installation on Xbox One instead of directly helping fund Shenmue 3. You may say this is implausible and impossible, but then again many people thought 360 games on Xbox One would be as well. It should actually be easier in fact because it has a more modern and similar architecture to PCs today and should not require anywhere near as anything as complicated as a 360 emulator requires.

tl;dr

Microsoft ain't gonna slob Sony's knob, playa.

ShenmueTree has received a thanks from: Axm
ShenmueTree
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby shenmueilike » Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:21 am

even you can think about that ,i dont think suzuki havent thought that long time ago .

if MS and nintendo really have intention to finance shenmue3 ,i dont think suzuki could delay the project till even now !

and this can also explain why sony doesn't finance a big amount to shenmue .

the only hope maybe is just our shenmue fans , ,,,,,,,,or maybe ,,,,,,,,some rich guy who just fell in love with shenmue series could pay a big buck to shenmue ,like bill gates.haha
shenmueilike

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx

Postby MiTT3NZ » Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:58 am

MS getting involved makes no sense whatsoever. From a fan's standpoint, it'd be great to see rivals pulling together for us, but it's a business, and would only be a good idea as a PR stunt. Even then, it ain't guaranteed to do MS any favours, as an overwhelming majority of Shenmue fans seem set on the whole PS4 route.

That's not to say that it can't or shouldn't appear on Xbox One, but that's entirely different from MS involving themselves directly in the production of the game.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Riku Rose » Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:01 am

If it's out in the open that the game will be at the least a timed exclusive for PS4 that means there is a contract signed making that the case. Undoing that would be a massive headache that not a single person for either company would want to deal with.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Return to Shenmue III