Ground Game: Shenmue III Kickstarter

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Ground Game: Shenmue III Kickstarter

Postby bikingjehuty » Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:01 am

Let's use this thread as a way to put together ideas how we can spread the word that Shenmue III us back and it needs everyone's help to be the most successful and high quality game it cane be! Not only can we share ideas how to get the news out there, but also how to bring more people into the Kickstarter and promote awareness campaign to get people pledging to this project.

I'll start the ball rolling and suggest that we post a very nice flier in local game stores, hobby shops, coffee houses, and other public places that are likely to have people who might show an interest in this game. I have zero graphic design/photoshop skills, but if someone in our community could put together a nice looking flier we could all download it, print it and post it in these various locals!

Any and all ideas are welcome :)
bikingjehuty
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Re: Ground Game: Shenmue III Kickstarter

Postby JaySw34 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:30 am

I'm going to rent a billboard on Interstate 95
JaySw34
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: JaySw34
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx

Postby FourWuDu1026 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:43 am

I've been actively sending messages to gamers on Youtube asking for support. I've gotten a reply from HappyConsoleGamer saying he and a few others will promote it soon.

I'm a former Graphic Design student and can make a poster/flier of some sort. It's been a while but I make be able to put something together when I have time.

FourWuDu1026 has received a thanks from: Amir
FourWuDu1026
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Persona 4,Mortal Kombat x

Postby Vito » Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:48 am

This thread has just given me an idea to stick a poster or send fliers to my local game stores about the kickstarter.
Vito
Banned
Banned

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Mafia

Postby Shenhua-Nani? » Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:05 pm

Please let me know What Channels will promote the game and when so i can subscribe/like/share.
Shenhua-Nani?
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Hazuki_san » Sun Jun 21, 2015 6:15 am

Created this steam group, http://steamcommunity.com/groups/ShenmueIIIKickstarter. I think everyone should join and invite all their friends, promoting this game on steam would be great, specially if someone can convince Yu-san to make it an early access game on steam too boost the development budget.
Hazuki_san
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Steam: Motokeiru

Postby KidMarine » Sun Jun 21, 2015 6:20 am

I'm honestly not sure how much getting the word out will help. Every Shenmue fan already knows about it, what we need to be doing is somehow raising more money ourselves. Luckily I came into a bit of money recently so I can support it, but some people are going to have to work extra shifts or sell their kids or something. I honestly think it's up to us.

They also really, really need to put up more reward tiers, $3K is too high but I want to pay more than $500, I imagine a lot of Shenmue fans are the same.
KidMarine
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: KiddMarine
Steam: KiddMarine

Return to Shenmue III