Postby Sonoshee » Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:33 pm

phpBB [video]

Sonoshee has received 5 thanks from: Axm, Benwah, Himuro, johnvivant, ShenSun
Sonoshee
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Re: Adam Koralik - Shenmue 3's KS & Sony - "Truth & Lies"

Postby Himuro » Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:35 pm

I didn't realize how much reach he has: over 55,000 subscribers.
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby Sonoshee » Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:05 pm

The more you listen to him, the more you are made to feel at ease too as Shenmue fans.

He said the budget for Shenmue 1 & 2 AND the Saturn version was $47 million combined. This wasn't the budget just for the first game as I was lead to believe. That works out to around $24 million per game even if you discount the Saturn version. Shenmue 3, as it's properly intended to look, feel and play, is looking more like a reality.
Sonoshee
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Ziming » Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:17 pm

Share this video everywhere people! I'm tired of seeing those mainstream click-bait articles hamper our efforts to fund Shenmue 3.

Ziming has received a thanks from: ShenSun
Ziming
Banned
Banned

Postby Set12 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:20 pm

Here is his tweet if people want to share it.

https://twitter.com/AdamKoralik/status/ ... 8354459648
Set12
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Postby BlueMue » Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:23 pm

Like always, great and very well explained stuff from Adam. I've sure as hell put this on the Shenmue topic of my old Sonic Forum.
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby ShenSun » Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:50 pm

Ziming wrote: Share this video everywhere people! I'm tired of seeing those mainstream click-bait articles hamper our efforts to fund Shenmue 3.

This x 1000000. This entire situation illustrates the problems with today's gaming media. We still have almost a month left guys. Let's get this thing to as close as we can to 10 million.
ShenSun
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Mr357 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:57 pm

Sonoshee wrote: The more you listen to him, the more you are made to feel at ease too as Shenmue fans.

He said the budget for Shenmue 1 & 2 AND the Saturn version was $47 million combined. This wasn't the budget just for the first game as I was lead to believe. That works out to around $24 million per game even if you discount the Saturn version. Shenmue 3, as it's properly intended to look, feel and play, is looking more like a reality.

Are you sure? I think he meant that 1 & 2 on the Saturn, and 1 on the Dreamcast cost a total of $47 million. Shenmue 2 on the Dreamcast and Xbox, to my knowledge, did cost $70 million.
Mr357
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby ImGladUmad » Sat Jun 20, 2015 4:06 pm

I think needed a better title..that gets to the point, people arn't gonna watch a video that long,hell they won't even give it 30 seconds.

Title Should've been.

Sony funding Shenmue 3 development is a big lie....Kickstarter is needed! or something like that straight to the point.

You need to counter medias click baiting BS....By clickbaiting factual title that gets to the point.
ImGladUmad
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Wanderin' » Sat Jun 20, 2015 4:16 pm

The new theme really does sound like it would work incredibly well as Shenmue 3's opening menu screen soundtrack. It really sort of gives off that "retelling of a centuries old legendary saga forevermore" kinda vibe:

phpBB [video]

It's things like this, memories, emotions, feelings, and the longing to want to believe in the magic of videogames again that make this series, and this project so special.

Wanderin' has received a thanks from: Benwah
Wanderin'
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Postby Mr357 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 4:44 pm

Wanderin' wrote: The new theme really does sound like it would work incredibly well as Shenmue 3's opening menu screen soundtrack. It really sort of gives off that "retelling of a centuries old legendary saga forevermore" kinda vibe:

phpBB [video]

It's things like this, memories, emotions, feelings, and the longing to want to believe in the magic of videogames again that make this series, and this project so special.

That sounds a lot like the music that played whenever you had to carry the books in Shenmue 2. Bad memories...
Mr357
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Locke_cole » Sat Jun 20, 2015 5:09 pm

All I could see

Locke_cole
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Sonoshee » Sat Jun 20, 2015 5:40 pm

Mr357 wrote:
Sonoshee wrote: The more you listen to him, the more you are made to feel at ease too as Shenmue fans.

Are you sure? I think he meant that 1 & 2 on the Saturn, and 1 on the Dreamcast cost a total of $47 million. Shenmue 2 on the Dreamcast and Xbox, to my knowledge, did cost $70 million.

I think he meant all of them together cost $47 million from the way he said it, but I could be wrong.

I'm so happy that Sega has let Yu have the resources from S1 & S2, that will save so much funding on more research etc.
Sonoshee
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby rome » Sat Jun 20, 2015 5:52 pm

Wanderin' wrote: The new theme really does sound like it would work incredibly well as Shenmue 3's opening menu screen soundtrack. It really sort of gives off that "retelling of a centuries old legendary saga forevermore" kinda vibe:

phpBB [video]

Love this. Especially at the 26 second mark.
rome
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Shenmue II

Postby Luke_09 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 6:01 pm

WE all need to share this video on social media!

Even get websites like: IGN, Gamespot and Gametrailers to see this!!
Luke_09
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx

Next

Return to Shenmue III